Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Roadster vs Fisker eMotion style

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TEG

Teslafanatic
Aug 20, 2006
Sorry about the comparison, but I did see a little similarity:

roade.png

• Informative
Reactions: T34ME
Sorry about the comparison, but I did see a little similarity:

View attachment 260952

Interesting, and in some ways, absolutely. Though keep in mind both teams have been working on those designs for years and, importantly, they're both heavily influenced by their predecessors (the First Gen Roadster and the Karma).

Perhaps a matter of personal taste, but the Roadster has incredibly more refined and cohesive styling whereas the eMotion (awful name, btw) front feels all over the place and the wheels out of place (design, not position).

Reactions: unbelievable
I think of Henrik and Franz as rivals (basically Franz replaced Henrik at Tesla) and they have somewhat similar design styles. But, I am glad Tesla has Franz now.

I thought the exact same thing when I saw the roadster. The rear wheels that are placed as far back as possible, the upper and lower car lines that run along the sides and the pronounced front wheel wells are all similar.

I think of Henrik and Franz as rivals (basically Franz replaced Henrik at Tesla) and they have somewhat similar design styles. But, I am glad Tesla has Franz now.

Both graduated from the prestigeous ArtCenter College of design.

Franz design aesthetic is far superior to Henrik’s in terms of proportion, balance, subtlety, and attention to detail.

Agreed/

Roadster's tail lights are understated and classy. NSX's arduous and a little ugly. MS's tail light design is among the best I've seen too. Franz knows how to do them right.

Last edited: