Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I work in Portchester, not a million miles from Southampton. If Mr Miserable can give me a date and time when the boat arrives in Southampton I can try and take a long lunch break down there.

How long do they take to unload? Do they go straight onto lorries or do they fill up the carpark first? Hoping the later so that I can spy what they have.

Just having a look on google maps (attached pic is only half the dock area) there are several big areas of car storage. Do we know which dock location Tesla shipped have docked into before/likely to dock?

In the past Dock Gate 10. Hit a right on the roundabout and they may be 100yds on the left.

Im shortly due on paternity leave. If a ship comes in whilst I’m off I’ll be the sad sack taking pictures....again.

EC31F546-6138-47CF-ADED-128D248C4B65.jpeg

In the past Dock Gate 10. Hit a right on the roundabout and they may be 100yds on the left.

Im shortly due on paternity leave. If a ship comes in whilst I’m off I’ll be the sad sack taking pictures....again.

View attachment 508296
Hi Adam, Firstly congratulations on your forthcoming event.

I assume this photo was taken while you waited for yours and that yours is probably somewhere in the photo?

Evening, new to the group. Can anybody tell me if there are any more vehicle carriers expected to arrive in the uk after the grand mark? Ordered recently and hoping to take delivery by end of March... I'm maybe's being too optimistic. Tia
Welcome to the forum Tia!

The person you need to follow is @Mr Miserable ;)

If you take a look at post 251: 2020 Shipping Movements you’ll see that there a three ships currently due in February.

I wouldn’t worry too much about your March delivery. Because Tesla don’t build the cars to order, you could just as easily get matched to a car earlier or later than your expected date.

Look out for a VIN appearing in your source code, as that’s a reasonable indicator of some progress...

Here’s how to check for a source code VIN, anticipating your next question ;)

What happens after Zeebrugge

Now your car’s on order you’ll also be wanting to sort out your home charger, and also arrange to switch to a cheap off-rate electricity deal. Octopus GO is often the favourite - I use that to charge my car for less than 1.5p per mile :D

If you decide to switch to Octopus let me know and I can send you my referral code - we both get £50 credit.

Last edited:
I ordered my Model X long range on 27th December. I spoke to Tesla Edinburgh today who could see that a VIN had been assigned, and I've just confirmed this in the source code. Smiley face emoji!! When I spoke to them last week there was no VIN. Does the panel think that this means my car is likely to be on the Glovis Challenge, and if so when do you think it is likely to be delivered? I know Tesla will probably contact me in a couple of weeks with more details but I can't help myself trying to pre-empt this! (I will also need to book a ferry to bring it home to Northern Ireland)

Hey peeps been lurking on this thread for a month now.

I ordered a LR Model 3 AWD on the 22nd of December and then ended up chaging it to the SR+ on the 15th of January as dont need the range! Rang tesla this morning to get an update and the lady informed me that my car is on the glovis cosmos!!! I really hope she is right :)...

And then a couple of hours later got a the below message from Tesla confirming that my tesla will be delivered in february... Folks i rerally do think that the Glovis Cosmos is comming with a huge load!

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    192 KB · Views: 75
Hi guys,

I've been tracking this forum for a while but this is my first post! Thanks for all the shipping information, it's been very informative and certainly of use to try and understand when I might get my Model 3 Performance in Midnight Silver Metallic.

I can also confirm that I have been told (after I delayed the delivery from the initial matching to my car in December to February) that Tesla will contacting me tomorrow to agree a date for collection of my M3P from Bristol.

Will update you as soon as I hear anything.

Hi folks - I'm back.
(Sorry I was distracted by work stuff for a couple of days)

So BROOKLANDS is loading at Pier 80, which is nice.
I see the bloke who charges for shipping info on Twatter is openly saying it will be leaving tonight - destination tbc.
I'm so glad I don't pay him.
This is a big ship and will take longer to load. I see no indications of an impending departure and going by the ETA for Panama it could be at Pier 80 for a day or two yet. It is EU bound, of that I have no doubt. Tentative ETA Zeebrugge 01 Mar.
This will be the first ship that will be subject to the increased charges for the canal transit. Moreover, because of its width it will have to use the new locks. The combination makes it an expensive transit so I hope the ship is full to capacity. Capacity by the way is up 7500 standard cars. Therefore don't expect 7500 cars to be onboard as Teslas are bigger than the standard. Whatever, its lots.

The GLOVIS COSMOS is nearly here!
Watch for the pilot pickup off Brixham around 8am on Saturday.
I think it will be in Zeebrugge before the worst of the weather hits but then it will departing into the North Sea right into it- rather them than me. I still don't know where it's going if the published Zeebrugge departure date (9th) is true. Mind you, I have not been looking for the last couple of days.
What I have noticed is the lack of likely suspects for the Zeebrugge - Southampton run. Which leads me to now suspect that the Cosmos may indeed be bringing them in on the 14th. I know the BOHEME is scheduled but I don't like where it's parking at Southampton. Once we see where it docks in Zeebrugge we will have a very good indication but until then I'm not convinced it's a likely candidate.

Back to work....

Just been advised that my Model 3 LR AWD in White with black interior that I ordered on 12th Nov is definitely on Glovis Challenge. I've been told I should be taking delivery between 21st Feb and 4th March.

If anyone has ordered a similar spec at a similar time, it might be on the same vessel.

Do I hope for 1st March '20 plate or do I not care because I've wanted one since they were announced in 2017.

But what's another week after all this time?

But I want the car!

**404 rational thinking not found.

Reactions: Chudwill and Roy W.