Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
GRAND DAHLIA has arrived off Zeebrugge to unload at kaai 509. Her stay in Zeebrugge has been shortened and she will now depart at 06:00 on 15th to ??? I doubt this is a full unload, so a part load may be off to somewhere, but not to the UK since she still does not appear on the Southampton arrivals board. Not Amsterdam nor Drammen, Norway either. Bremerhaven, perhaps?

GLOVIS CAPTAIN is making good time. Her midday position is shown on the chart below. The good news is that her schedule has now changed - previously she was heading to S Africa after her Tesla commitment but now she is heading to the Middle East and then on to the Far East. This brand new schedule published yesterday shows her loading in Southampton on 24 Aug which means that she could arrive on 23 Aug from Zeebrugge to unload. She could also be the means by which those RHD cars GRAND DAHLIA left on the dock at Zeebrugge will get to Southampton. This also fits in with promised delivery dates.

View attachment 575706

RCC ASIA continues to race down the Pacific coast of Mexico towards Panama. She is due to arrive there next Tuesday and will probably transit the canal on Wednesday morning. ETA Zeebrugge on 31 Aug. The weather remains fine for her at the moment (she gave Hurricane Elida a wide berth) however it could get a bit rough later tomorrow between Puerta Vallarta and Acapulco. Over the weekend she will also encounter some stormy weather off Nicaragua and Costa Rica. Don’t forget to enter the competition! There have been some entries that clearly have had a lot of thought applied and then there is @Medved_77 ’s entry of Gridsquare AI20. :) (I think I can confidently say he’s out of the running unless of course there is a flood of biblical proportions and the ship is hijacked by pirates from Niger! We shall see…)

View attachment 575707

GLOVIS STELLA has departed Pier 80 after just under 24 hours alongside bound for Shanghai. I don’t believe the Shanghai GF is making the complete range yet and so this could be delivering those specific orders.

GRAND PEARL I'm not convinced she will turn up at Pier 80, despite what the port schedule says.

So now we wait for GLOVIS SIGMA to pitch up to load on Monday. She’s a big ship, about the same size as GLOVIS SUN, and I believe will be coming to Europe. She will have to use the new locks in the Panama Canal because she is so wide (35.43m).

Last edited:
DAHLIA taking an unusual route into Zeebrugge, not seen these vessels divert from the normal route in before
She's fine. It's quite a narrow channel into Zeebrugge and if there is something like a big tanker coming the other way, it's best to wait.
Screenshot 2020-08-13 at 13.54.04.png

yeah back on normal final route in now, just went further south for intial run-in. it fascinates me as if you stand looking out at shipping lanes in deep water there are no road signs or visual clues at all ! bit more of a skilled profession than jumping in the car and plugging in nav destination .....

yeah back on normal final route in now, just went further south for intial run-in. it fascinates me as if you stand looking out at shipping lanes in deep water there are no road signs or visual clues at all ! bit more of a skilled profession than jumping in the car and plugging in nav destination .....
It really is. My mate is a ferry captain and he invited me onto the bridge once. At one point he said “see that left hand channel, that’s where we are going. To the side of those markers.”

I looked out and all I could see was sea and some distant buoys!

Hi folks, Tesla Leeds can only confirm mid-Sep for my collection. Does this still make RCC Asia the ‘boat most likely’? One of their guys told me it was on Pier 80 a good few days before the Asia departed SF ...
I am led to believe there are a significant number of RHD cars onboard RCC ASIA. She will arrive in Zeebrugge around 31 Aug but with so many RHD cars onboard a 1st stop in Southampton can't be ruled out. We will find out the answer to that next Wednesday. So in answer to your question, yes. In the meantime, Enter the RCC ASIA competition.

GRAND DAHLIA continues to unload at Zeebrugge. She departs tomorrow night to somewhere yet to be determined. I strongly suspect that any UK cars will be unloaded on to the dock here to await GLOVIS CAPTAIN.

GLOVIS CAPTAIN Her midday position is shown on the chart below. With 2800nm left to go she remains on schedule to arrive in Zeebrugge on 21 Aug and Southampton on 23 Aug. It will hopefully pick up the RHD cars that GRAND DAHLIA left on the dock at Zeebrugge to deliver to Southampton. Tomorrow’s midday position will determine the winner of the GLOVIS CAPTAIN competition.

GLOVIS CAPTAIN Atlantic Progress Aug 20.png

RCC ASIA continues to race down the Pacific coastline off Puerto Vallarta, Mexico towards Panama where she is due to arrive on Tuesday. The rough weather I was expecting her to run into later today has actually moved off to the west and so she will have a smooth ride until she is off the coast of Nicaragua where she will encounter some big thunderstorms. The timing of her Caribbean transit is looking good too at the moment - Tropical Storm Josephine should be well clear, although it may be a consideration in her route decision.
The free competition to guess her position in the Atlantic on 23 Aug is still open - enter here.

Screenshot 2020-08-14 at 12.32.55.png

There are no ships at Pier 80 at the moment which will at least allow a healthy load to be organised on the pier, ready for loading. The next ship to arrive, GLOVIS SIGMA, is due on Monday. I expect her to come to Europe and arrive in Zeebrugge around 11 Sep. We may be able to shave a day off that, if the loading is well organised and she is able to depart on the 20th, although she is a big ship.

GLOVIS CLIPPER should be next but I suspect she will heading off to the Far East

The big question is whether the DONINGTON is coming to Europe but sadly at the moment I haven’t seen any evidence to suggest that it is.

Can I ask what are the last 6 digest of your vin?
I’m waiting on my model X and be interested to see if your vin is close to mine

I know you didn’t ask me but I’ll reply anyway

My MX was on Maersk Iowa (Tesla told me so) and my last 5 digits are 87303. It was an inventory model.

I’m assuming it’s being reassembled soon.

My Tesla account still shows as “we will reach out to you bla bla” for estimate delivery, but the dude I spoke to told me it should be end of this month/beginning of next.

Hey, hope this may help. Ordered M3 LR RHD for UK delivery(Southampton). Changed my mind and updated to a vanilla performance on Wednesday(white paint, no extras) and have a delivery/pickup for the 9th September 2020. No VIN yet or any other info, just the demand for the money :D
If they are asking for the money you should have the VIN on your invoice.

I know you didn’t ask me but I’ll reply anyway

My MX was on Maersk Iowa (Tesla told me so) and my last 5 digits are 87303. It was an inventory model.

I’m assuming it’s being reassembled soon.

My Tesla account still shows as “we will reach out to you bla bla” for estimate delivery, but the dude I spoke to told me it should be end of this month/beginning of next.
Yep I’ve been told mine is on Maersk Iowa too. I was told September and that they couldn’t be more specific at this time. Where in the country would you be picking up from?