Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maersk Nijmegen has arrived in Rotterdam. Archive image. 40D90679-585D-4625-AEBA-603D6D43AD01.jpeg

Reactions: CPhoenix
GLOVIS CAPTAIN She is currently making her way up the Solent. She will arrive alongside dock 105 in Southampton within the hour. She has until Tuesday afternoon to unload.

RCC ASIA is currently about 250nm south of Bermuda and her midday position is shown on the chart below. ETA Zeebrugge PM 01 Sep, Southampton probably around 4 Sep. The midday position of RCC ASIA today is important because it determines the winner of the RCC ASIA competition. I shall reveal the winner very shortly….

RCC ASIA Atlantic Progress.png

GLOVIS SIGMA She is now south and clear of the remnants of Post-Tropical Cyclone Genevieve. GLOVIS SIGMA took a course much closer to the Mexican coast than normal to ensure that she remained clear. She is not home and dry yet by any means since there are numerous intense thunderstorms lying ahead of her all the way to Panama and another area of concern for meteorologists INVEST 97E is brewing to the south. In the meantime her leisurely 14 kts pace is fine to arrive at the entrance of the Canal a week tomorrow. Don’t forget to enter the GLOVIS SIGMA competition! I expect her to arrive in Zeebrugge around 13 Sep.

GLOVIS CLIPPER is currently holding off the coast of San Francisco and will arrive alongside Pier 80 in the early hours of tomorrow morning. I strongly believe she is coming to Europe and so I have pencilled her in to arrive at Zeebrugge around 17 Sep.

GLOVIS SUNLIGHT She is due to start loading at Pier 80 next Saturday 29 Aug and I expect her to head to the Far East.

K.ASIAN BEAUTY She is currently in the Gulf of Mexico enroute to Altamira where she will arrives this afternoon. By my reckoning she needs to be at the Panama Canal entrance by Wednesday if she is to turn up to Pier 80 on time to load on Sep 4. She is meant to be coming to Europe but the timing is very tight. She will miss Tropical Storm (soon to be Hurricane) Marco but Tropical Storm Laura will arrive in the Gulf late tomorrow/ early Tuesday morning. Laura may lose some intensity as it crosses the land mass of Cuba but will quickly intensify when it reaches the warm waters of the Gulf.

RCC ASIA competiton winner.

We had a direct hit in gridsquare J13!
Congratulations to @-monky- . You have won the square root of diddly squat!

Our commiserations to @fancealot who chose J14 (and also @Medved_77 who chose AI20!)
Thanks to all who entered - it was clear some serious thought had gone in to the selection of the grid squares (one exception!)

Enter the GLOVIS SIGMA competiton now

Top tip - Choose a blue square!

• Funny
Reactions: MadScientist
The analysts who follow this thread may find this table of interest.
I have listed below the ships that came to Europe each quarter this year and their corresponding RT capacities.
An RT is a unit of measure based on a 1966 Toyota Corona and clearly a Tesla Model 3 is larger and significantly heavier.
Note that both the GLOVIS CLIPPER and K.ASIAN BEAUTY in Q3 are assumed.

View attachment 579322
That table is very valuable, even if we must make guesses on relative shipments for S, X, 3 and soon, Y.

• Love
Reactions: RubberToe