Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
RCC ASIA continues to make steady progress across the Atlantic. Her midday position is shown on the chart below. ETA Zeebrugge Tuesday afternoon, Southampton possibly on Friday.

RCC ASIA Atlantic Progress.png

GLOVIS SIGMA The screenshot below shows her current position in relation to the Panama Canal. She will arrive at the entrance of the canal late on Monday night. She is scheduled into Zeebrugge on 12 Sep and is departing later that same day probably to Southampton arriving on 13 Sep. This will be a very fast Atlantic crossing. Don’t forget to enter the GLOVIS SIGMA competition!

Screenshot 2020-08-29 at 12.04.48.png

GLOVIS CLIPPER She continues to race down the Pacific coast with the aim of arriving at the Panama Canal by Thursday 3 Sep. She is maintaining 19kts but in the next 24hours she will come face to face with Tropical Storm Iselle. She is due to arrive in Zeebrugge on 16 Sep. She is not due to depart until 14:00 on 17 Sep and so if she is coming to Southampton it will be on 18 Sep. We now have the GLOVIS CLIPPER competition running too! Enter here

GLOVIS SUNLIGHT She is presently alongside Pier 80 and is now due to depart early tomorrow morning. I expect her to head to the Far East, probably China.

K.ASIAN BEAUTY Forget about this ship, she’s not coming. I am keeping my eye on GLOVIS CORONA as a possible replacement, or at a stretch ASIAN GLORY but it isn’t looking good.

I mentioned a couple of days ago that Tesla may send cars to the east coast by train and then ship them across the Atlantic. There have been no sightings of EU spec cars being loaded on to trains so far but we don’t have 24hr monitoring of railway yards - we may have already missed the opportunity. We have had one report so far that Tesla are shipping from the east coast, Newark, this quarter but no ships have been positively identified yet. I'm monitoring this development carefully.

Thought I'd mention the Safmarine Mafadi is heading up the English channel on it's way to Belgium/Netherlands today. Hopefully with a container of some MX'es on board.
I was so fed up waiting to hear anything about my MX that I enquired about an inventory car. The sales guy just called and I explained. He asked for my RN and was able to give me a VIN and told me it is on the Saftmarine Mafadi. Getting excited now.

Reactions: DJP31 and crouchy
View attachment 581940
there are very few cars at pier 80, maybe they have all been sent to the east coast?
That could well be the case, I'm not getting any indications at the moment that the GLOVIS CORONA is heading to Pier 80.
GLOVIS SUNLIGHT may well be the last ship out of Pier 80 for Q3.
I'm keeping an eye on ASIAN MAJESTY at the moment - we'll see where she heads off to.

Reactions: Roy W.
Just spoke with Tesla. No confirmed ship yet on the system for my M3. They are expecting delivery out to me on the last week of September though. Assume it is still sat port side in America somewhere.

Hi, sounds identical to mine, Model 3, the guy tracked it and it’s at Newark port, but due in the UK for the last week of Sept. I have my VIN now, but had to ask for it. Apparently I’ll get an text update next week once the car is on a ship.

RCC ASIA continues to make steady progress across the Atlantic. Her midday position is shown on the chart below. I expect her to come within terrestrial AIS range later this evening. ETA Zeebrugge Tuesday afternoon, Southampton is now confirmed on Friday morning.

RCC ASIA Atlantic Progress.png

GLOVIS SIGMA The screenshot below shows her current position in relation to the Panama Canal. She will arrive at the entrance of the canal late tomorrow night. She is scheduled into Zeebrugge on 12 Sep and is departing later that same day probably to Southampton arriving on 13 Sep. We have a very fast Atlantic crossing to look forward to. Don’t forget to enter the GLOVIS SIGMA competition!

Screenshot 2020-08-30 at 12.19.19.png

GLOVIS CLIPPER She continues to race down the Pacific coast with the aim of arriving at the Panama Canal by 3 Sep. She squeezed past Tropical Storm Iselle late yesterday without too much of an issue. The biggest weather concern for her now is a storm brewing off the African coast that has the potential to develop into a hurricane that may coincide with her Caribbean crossing next week. She is due to arrive in Zeebrugge on 16 Sep. She is not due to depart until 14:00 on 17 Sep and so if she is coming to Southampton it will be on 18 Sep. Don’t forget to enter the GLOVIS CLIPPER competition!

GLOVIS SUNLIGHT She departed last night to Shanghai after a brief stop at Pier 80. She could be the last ship to call at Pier 80 this quarter.

I held a glimmer of hope that GLOVIS CORONA would call at Pier 80, or at a stretch ASIAN GLORY but it isn’t looking good for either of them. It is looking increasingly likely that Tesla have sent a shipment of cars to Newark on the east coast for shipment from there. They don’t do this as a matter of routine because of the extra expense and the increased risk of transport rash but it’s worth it for the boost to the quarterly figures. No ship has been positively identified yet but I am keeping my eye on ASIAN MAJESTY at the moment.

Reactions: Roy W.
Quick question for the experts, as I’m still not sure which ‘horse to back’. What’s a typical timescale between docking in Southampton & the car being available for collection in Leeds? Latest estimate I’ve been given is Sep 15th, which would look to be quite a delay for the Asia, but pretty tight for the Sigma.

GLOVIS SUNLIGHT She departed last night to Shanghai after a brief stop at Pier 80. She could be the last ship to call at Pier 80 this quarter.

I held a glimmer of hope that GLOVIS CORONA would call at Pier 80, or at a stretch ASIAN GLORY but it isn’t looking good for either of them. It is looking increasingly likely that Tesla have sent a shipment of cars to Newark on the east coast for shipment from there. They don’t do this as a matter of routine because of the extra expense and the increased risk of transport rash but it’s worth it for the boost to the quarterly figures. No ship has been positively identified yet but I am keeping my eye on ASIAN MAJESTY at the moment.

Just checking, but does this imply you do not expect any ships departing from SFO in September at all? Waiting for an M3 delivered to Zeebrugge in October, but in that case it would be closer to November?

Hi,

Just had a weird one, saw my spec car on the inventory, and location as being London, so thought, OK I’ll call and change to that one and pick it up now.. Spoke to sales who said it’s on the same boat as mine and has an ETA of 17th Sept.

Each time I speak To the sales team I get a different answer, starting to not believe a word of it and thinking I just need to wait till they ask me to pick the car up!

Even more frustrating is the car has tracking on it and they can see the exact location, would it hurt them to share that with the person buying the car? I’m sure that would save them a lot of phone calls...

Rant over, but so frustrating.