Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just phoned Tesla and they tell me that my M3 LR AWD that was / is on the RCC Asia is still scheduled for me to collect on 8th September in Southampton. So I assume this means that the RCC Asia must be bringing in Tesla's into Southampton on Friday - unless another ship is bringing them across from Zeebrugge.

Hi

Hi, just had it confirmed, my car is on the Platinum Ray. Hope that helps someone else.
That is great news! Thanks for sharing the info.
She is alongside at the moment loading, although not at Newark which was used previously but Bayonne.
Since she just arrived I would expect her to take a couple of days to load.

Reactions: MadScientist
That is great news! Thanks for sharing the info.
She is alongside at the moment loading, although not at Newark which was used previously but Bayonne.
Since she just arrived I would expect her to take a couple of days to load.

I have just spoken with Tesla and also had confirmation that my car has been matched and is on the Platinum Ray. I was told delivery would be the last week of September / Early October but they would try their upmost to get it by the end of the quarter.

It's difficult to put some dates on the PLATINUM RAY because we don't how many cars are to be loaded and how many stevedore teams are on the job, however for a ship this size (standard Panamax) at Pier 80 it would take 3 days to load.
On that basis I would expect her to depart no earlier than the evening of 4 Sep but that assumes no unloading was required and so I think we may be looking at a 5 Sep departure and 13 Sep arrival in Zeebrugge and let's say 15 Sep at Southampton.
This will coincide with the GLOVIS SIGMA !
We shall see.....

• Informative
Reactions: OneTinyFish