TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

2020 Shipping Movements

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by Mr Miserable, Dec 31, 2019.

1. Mr Miserable

Mr Miserable Supporting Member

It would probably depend on the number of RHD vehicles on board. Reports from Pier 80 are of LHD cars only on the pier so far.

2. Andrew Cairns

Andrew Cairns Member

The board is set; the pieces are moving....

• Like x 1
  3. Ukmgranger

Ukmgranger Member

So hope that some UK cars make it onto Glovis Cosmos! Just want to get the thing now and get rid of the hire car!!!!!

• Like x 1
  4. Jez_GB

Jez_GB Member

I get the same message on my iPad but the iPhone is accessing my account no problem, although I have noticed that the “we will reach out with a delivery date” message has changed to show my selected delivery location, but no date yeto_O still it’s different which is good right:rolleyes:

edit: just refreshed on iPad, now accessing, and back to original “we will reach out, blah, blah” :(

5. OfficialMark_H

If I view mine on the phone in portrait then it shows my collection department, if I turn it landscape then it says estimate delivery but no date visible.

6. Jez_GB

Jez_GB Member

Same, go figure! Cheers OfficialMark-H :cool: Every day’s a school day

• Like x 1
  7. rEV gadget

rEV gadget Member

Spoke to someone at Tesla sales this morning about another matter. I ordered M3 SR+ on 27/12/19. He said they are expecting several batches of deliveries between the end of January and End of February so hope to start matching soon (no definition of soon!)

8. S4m216

S4m216 New Member

Yes seems to be some admin activity today; I received reminder text earlier to fill in remaining info on Tesla Account (which was actually already complete). Logged in later and appears screen has changed to “drafting up contract / what you need for delivery” screen. Not sure whether to read anything into that (it still has no VIN or date) but order timings similar to yours - M3 LR ordered 28/12 at Heathrow.

Super useful thread btw - thanks to all who contribute.

• Like x 4
  9. VanillaAir_UK

VanillaAir_UK Moderator UK and Ireland

We got that in May. Took delivery end of September...

• Funny x 1
  10. S4m216

S4m216 New Member

:) At least if it turns up in 5 months I can re-position it as a birthday present....

• Funny x 1
  11. Joelly

Joelly Member

Oooo, that’s exciting. Same here with a similar order date.

• Like x 1
  12. melbrayporkpie

Not to piss on your cornflakes but mines been like that for over 3 months. You’re looking at 3 month+ wait. There are the jammy few that seem to slip to the front of the queue and get theirs within a month. There’s also the unlucky few who seem to get forgotten and have a much longer wait. Hopefully for all of our sakes Tesla will get a grip on balancing deliveries and be able to forecast a timeframe and stick to it! Unfortunately each time you call and speak to someone for a date, the goalposts will have moved onto another pitch!

13. Joelly

Joelly Member

Ah well, I enjoyed my excitement for an hour. Fortunately I’m hoping for a late March delivery so fingers crossed.

14. Mr Miserable

I know shipping movements may be dull but this is what this thread is about - shipping movements. In 2020 to be more precise.
    There are other more exciting threads regarding orders & delivery waiting times.

• Like x 4
  15. Jez_GB

Jez_GB Member

Apologies Mr M, a show of poor etiquette on my part, I’ll stick to the script in future.....

• Like x 1
  16. Mr Miserable

Brooklands Is making its way to unload at Benicia but, according to one document I've seen, won't arrive there until 31 Jan at the earliest. At the moment it's heading for Jamaica. AIS says it's due to arrive there on 18th however that would appear to be extremely optimistic and 19th is more likely.
    The ship is scheduled to operate in Europe in March, according to some port schedules.
    I therefore reckon this ship is a real contender for Pier 80 in early February.

UPDATE: ETA Pier 80 3 Feb!

• Like x 1
  17. Mr Miserable

Another ship which I'm keeping an eye on is Grand Duke. This ship is currently off Miami and heading for the Panama Canal. It may well head off down to a South American port first. This is an outsider but worth keeping an eye on.

18. Ukmgranger

Ukmgranger Member

I'm getting a little lost with the shipping!
    So I'm apparently due a M3 in early Feb. Is there anything on it's way that would mean that this is a reality?

19. Mr H

Mr H Active Member

According to myshiptracking, the Glovis Cosmos is headed for Balboa, i presume this means it will go through the canal to the EU

20. rEV gadget

rEV gadget Member

Final destination for the Glovis Cosmos listed as Zeebrugge so we'll have to see if there are any/many RHD vehicles loaded.

• Like x 1