Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think the dock workers are regarded as essential so they should be able to continue to work. I don't think deliveries will happen though. Getting the cars get off the dockside could be a problem in Southampton - there isn't much room and I'm not sure a car transporter is regarded as an essential business.
Nah, logistics, couriers etc will remain running (basically anything that you can’t do from home is ok).
It’s just non essential retail that can’t open. The SC can open for repairs to cars but not retail car sales.

Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia
Love these facts on the journey of Antwerp. Was hoping to get some entertaining facts on Toscana's route while waiting on her... so disappointed in her lack of sattelite tracking :( hope she stays well clear of hurricane Goni.

Me too!
It's totally fascinating to peek into this world of shipping which goes on 24/7 delivering all we need all the while I sit in my couch complaining about things so minor that they are not even visible to the naked eye in comparison. @Mr Miserables narrative adds so much value to the entire electrical car buying experience Elon should put him on his payroll :)

For Model S/X - I will know mid week about whether Maersk Ohio is the first S/X ship as it nears Rotterdam. The car’s ship journey is from Houston.

If it is confirmed, then I will be getting all of the vins for the cars on the ship and this will open up the dates and times from Fremont. I can then track the cars through the port to Tilburg.

655E890C-CC8F-41FA-B921-0F2F91D905D2.jpeg

Reactions: Mr. Impatient
Yeah, last time Tesla arranged home deliveries where possible or allowed people to arrange their own, no pickups.

I assume that would exclude any customers with trade-in, but I don't know as they send a low loader. It's also not clear if (for example) you live in England, but your delivery pickup is Scotland. I guess we'll all have to wait for updates from Tesla when they work out what they can and can't do, it's going to be very frustrating.
The last time many Teslas were stuck in Southampton for months. And with limited space at Southampton and a flurry of ships and perhaps dockworkers at less than full strength, perhaps Tesla will need to find somewhere else to unload and store the cars.

RCC ANTWERP is now in the Atlantic making 19 kts and is on course for the English Channel.
At midday Z her position was N22.7 W63.9 which is about 280nm NE of Puerto Rico.
She has 3499nm to go but to arrive on time in Zeebrugge she will need to maintain 19kts which could prove to be a bit of a challenge in the Atlantic in November. We shall see....
ETA Zeebrugge 10 Nov and Southampton 13 Nov

RCC ANTWERP ATLANTIC PROGRESS.png

TRITON ACE continues to make excellent progress down the Pacific coast of Mexico at just over 16kts.
At midday Z her position was N21.6 W110.3 which is about 80nm SSW of Cabo San Lucas.
She is on schedule to arrive off Panama next Saturday evening.
She will arrive in Zeebrugge on 20 Nov and Southampton on 22 Nov

Don’t forget to enter the TRITON ACE competition - Enter HERE

Triton Ace pac Prog.png

GRAND AURORA continues to load at Pier 80. I have not received an update from Pier 80 because of the weekend but I reckon she will be ready to leave sometime tomorrow.

I estimate she will arrive in Zeebrugge around 24 Nov and Southampton possibly on 27 Nov

TOSCANA has successfully rounded the straits of Singapore and is heading up the busy Malacca Strait at 16.6 kts
Her midday position was N1.4 E103.3
She will arrive in Zeebrugge on 27 Nov

Toscana to Suez.png

TANNHAUSER is presently waiting off Shanghai. She should come alongside later today to commence loading the 2nd batch of MIC Model 3s for Europe. She is not due to depart until Friday.

Great info as always Mr M.

The nautical charts you are using look interesting. I assume the colours show relief/depth. Would it be worth going into a little bit about Great Circle navigation to explain the curve in the route for Antwerp? I like the trivia!

Reactions: Mr Miserable
Great info as always Mr M.

The nautical charts you are using look interesting. I assume the colours show relief/depth. Would it be worth going into a little bit about Great Circle navigation to explain the curve in the route for Antwerp? I like the trivia!

The curve is due to the curvature of the earth. It always shows a small curve like that when portraying something on a flat map that's moving over a globe. This is actually a straight direct line. You see the same thing happening with an airplane.

The curve is due to the curvature of the earth. It always shows a small curve like that when portraying something on a flat map that's moving over a globe. This is actually a straight direct line. You see the same thing happening with an airplane.
Yes though it's dependent actually on the map projection - standby for some trivia in a forthcoming post!

OK Folks this thread needs to be limited to ships and shipping news.
Orders, deliveries, VIN allocation, wait times, specifications, etc etc belong on other threads.
You will find others who know more about these subjects visiting those threads and so you are more likely to get a good answer to your query.
Thank you!
:)

First of all, Thank you Mr. M for this fantastic thread! I have now livestreamed a ship (RCC Antwerp) passing the Panama canal for the first time ever.

i have received vin and confirmation that my Tm3 lr is on Antwerp. I also asked Tesla how the cars travel to Norway, and they said by ship.

I know this is the UK forum, but do you know how I can find out what ship will take the norwegian Teslas to Drammen, Norway?

You have made me hooked on this, and I thoroughly enjoy this!

First of all, Thank you Mr. M for this fantastic thread! I have now livestreamed a ship (RCC Antwerp) passing the Panama canal for the first time ever.

i have received vin and confirmation that my Tm3 lr is on Antwerp. I also asked Tesla how the cars travel to Norway, and they said by ship.

I know this is the UK forum, but do you know how I can find out what ship will take the norwegian Teslas to Drammen, Norway?

You have made me hooked on this, and I thoroughly enjoy this!
They used to be transported by ship to Drammen however now I think they all go by rail from Zeebrugge.
Once RCC ANTWERP arrives in Zeebrugge you need to watch the webcams of Drammen docks because about 7-10 days later the docks start filling with hundreds of cars.
The cameras to pay special attention to is Holmen Syd where the cars seem to get parked and Kattegatkaia where the trains get unloaded.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Mr. Impatient
OK Folks this thread needs to be limited to ships and shipping news.
Orders, deliveries, VIN allocation, wait times, specifications, etc etc belong on other threads.
You will find others who know more about these subjects visiting those threads and so you are more likely to get a good answer to your query.
Thank you!
:)

Moderator comment - can I please reiterate this. Having just moved 17 posts to Model 3 Orders and Deliveries I would like to say that next time Off Topic posts will be deleted without warning and repeat offenders given a warning :D:p:rolleyes: