Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
GLOVIS SUMMIT is coming to Europe!
I may have been a tad hasty with that announcement....
The source of the information is the San Francisco Chronicle which I have often criticised for its inaccurate shipping information.
It reports that the ship will depart on Monday. Bear in mind that the ship will only arrive at Pier 80 late on Saturday night that doesn't give much time to load, and she is a big ship too. Sounds wrong to me...
I also have yet to find evidence of the ship operating around Europe in December - she doesn't appear in any of the usual port schedules however I will keep looking.
So I'm finding it hard to believe that she is coming to Europe.
The next ship which is definitely coming to Europe is GLOVIS CRYSTAL and I expect her alongside Pier 80 at the end of next week.
How RCC AMSTERDAM squeezes in between these two I don't know....

Reactions: MGrove
I may have been a tad hasty with that announcement....
The source of the information is the San Francisco Chronicle which I have often criticised for its inaccurate shipping information.
It reports that the ship will depart on Monday. Bear in mind that the ship will only arrive at Pier 80 late on Saturday night that doesn't give much time to load, and she is a big ship too. Sounds wrong to me...
I also have yet to find evidence of the ship operating around Europe in December - she doesn't appear in any of the usual port schedules however I will keep looking.
So I'm finding it hard to believe that she is coming to Europe.
The next ship which is definitely coming to Europe is GLOVIS CRYSTAL and I expect her alongside Pier 80 at the end of next week.
How RCC AMSTERDAM squeezes in between these two I don't know....
You are saying SFChronicle is criticised for inaccurate info - so wouldn't it be possible that just the departure date is incorrect.

TOSCANA popped up as she rounded the southern tip of Sri Lanka.
It's quite possible we may not hear from her again until she approaches Suez on 16 Nov due to poor terrestrial AIS coverage and the complete absence of satellite position reports from her.

Last edited:
RCC ANTWERP continues to battle a 30kt headwind and high seas in the Mid Atlantic. Her speed has reduced to 11kts.
With 1538nm to go she is approaching the point where she will be unable to make up the time and will therefore arrive late into Zeebrugge - a cardinal sin in this business.
The forecast is for the weather to slowly improve over the next 24 hrs.

RCC ANTWERP continues to battle a 30kt headwind and high seas in the Mid Atlantic. Her speed has reduced to 11kts.
With 1538nm to go she is approaching the point where she will be unable to make up the time and will therefore arrive late into Zeebrugge - a cardinal sin in this business.
The forecast is for the weather to slowly improve over the next 24 hrs.

How much delay will this cause?

RCC ANTWERP continues to battle a patch of stormy weather in the mid Atlantic about 300nm N of the Azores.
She is currently battling a 30kt headwind and a large swell which has impacted her progress to around 12 -13 kts.
At midday Z her position was N43.5 W30.0 which is about 250nm NNW of the Azores.
I calculate that has 1425nm to go to Zeebrugge and to arrive on schedule she would need to maintain at least 20kts. This is not going to happen and so she will be a few hours late arriving in Zeebrugge.
Looking at the synoptic chart you can see that she is pretty unlucky to find herself in a very narrow band of adverse weather.

Synoptic.png

It appears that she may have altered course a little to the east to get behind the warm front - this is a good idea and will increase her speed of progress towards Zeebrugge and also help to escape the weather.
I’ll review her situation later tonight
ETA remains Zeebrugge 10 Nov and Southampton 13 Nov

RCC ANTWERP ATLANTIC PROGRESS.png

TRITON ACE At midday Z her position was N7.1 W79.9 which is at the southern most part of her journey to Europe.
She’s entering the Gulf of Panama and will anchor off Panama later today.
I will post more on the Panama Canal and what we can expect to see shortly.
She will arrive in Zeebrugge on 20 Nov and Southampton on 22 Nov

Last chance to enter the TRITON ACE competition - Click HERE to enter. The competition will close when she enters the canal.

Triton Ace pac Prog.png

GRAND AURORA is making steady progress towards the Panama Canal.
At midday Z she was 40nm SW of Cabo San Lucas at N22.4 W110.5 and maintaining 17kts.
She is on schedule to arrive at the Panama Canal on 12 Nov and the weather conditions continue to look good.

You can still enter the free GRAND AURORA competition - Click HERE to enter!

Grand Aurora Pac Prog.png

TOSCANA We caught a brief glimpse on AIS of her last night as she passed the southern tip of Sri Lanka.
The weather in her area continues to look fine and I’m not anticipating any significant weather for her crossing of the Arabian Sea.
She will arrive in Zeebrugge on 27 Nov

Toscana to Suez.png

TANNHAUSER The good news is that her satellite AIS is working.
At midday Z she was at N25.5 E121.0 and making 15 kts about 35nm NW of Taiwan.
Winds of 35 - 40kts are howling through the Taiwan Strait at the moment directly towards Tropical Storm Atsani. It will still be a little uncomfortable but at least she is not battling headlong into the weather.
Atsani has not developed further into a typhoon but it is not decaying as fast as initially hoped either. I’m still hopeful that TANNHAUSER will be able to route around the storm to the east once she is clear of Taiwan later tonight.

She will arrive at Suez on 25 Nov and Zeebrugge of 6 Dec.

Tannhauser to Suez.png

GLOVIS SUMMIT is the next ship to load at Pier 80. She will arrive at Pier 80 later tonight.

to be fair the SF Chronicle date info stacks up with SF Port schedule info at least. Looks like the guys there have a busy few days on their hands!
Good to see the San Francisco port schedule updated at last.
It does actually stack up with what I suggested ie the arrival of RCC AMSTERDAM and GLOVIS CRYSTAL.
The problem I have with GLOVIS SUMMIT is that it is a big ship and it isn't alongside long enough to load for a European trip. I put my feelers out and I'm being told that she will depart Pier 80 in the small hours of Monday morning (9th) When added to the fact that I can't find any evidence of the ship being scheduled into any European port in December, this just reeks to me of a departure to Asia.
At the moment I suspect RCC AMSTERDAM will head to Asia too.

Hi all,

new to the site and waiting from my M3 to arrive. I have spoken to Tesla UK and my collection date from Southampton is on the 21st Nov, and they also confirmed it is the 2021 model, so getting excited now!

What ship will my car be on as it would be interesting to track it?

Hi all,

new to the site and waiting from my M3 to arrive. I have spoken to Tesla UK and my collection date from Southampton is on the 21st Nov, and they also confirmed it is the 2021 model, so getting excited now!

What ship will my car be on as it would be interesting to track it?

Has to be the RCC Antwerp then as all other Vessel arrive after your collection date at Southampton
(if it is a LR or P, dont follow the SR+).