Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I may have been a tad hasty with that announcement....
The source of the information is the San Francisco Chronicle which I have often criticised for its inaccurate shipping information.
It reports that the ship will depart on Monday. Bear in mind that the ship will only arrive at Pier 80 late on Saturday night that doesn't give much time to load, and she is a big ship too. Sounds wrong to me...
I also have yet to find evidence of the ship operating around Europe in December - she doesn't appear in any of the usual port schedules however I will keep looking.
So I'm finding it hard to believe that she is coming to Europe.
The next ship which is definitely coming to Europe is GLOVIS CRYSTAL and I expect her alongside Pier 80 at the end of next week.
How RCC AMSTERDAM squeezes in between these two I don't know....

Do you know if Any M3P, has been loaded to any of the ships currently on route to Europe? And if no, what ships they might be on?

A little disappointed that TRITON ACE has still not moved although it does look as though she may have her pilot onboard something may happen soon.
On the bright side she has posted her ETA for Zeebrugge as middday on 18 Nov. To achieve that in November really will be something - she will have to be at max chat all the way. The clock is running and this delay at the canal just makes her very ambitious target ETA slip from her grasp.
I suggest it is not realistic.

Reactions: Mr. Impatient
TRITON ACE
It's dawn in Panama and as the TRITON ACE approaches Miraflores docks you will get first sight of her in the background of the Cocoli webcam. She will be moving from right to left.

Thank you for the link to the webcam, but I am not able to see any photo, despite trying three different browsers (Firefox, Chrome and Edge Chromium).

Do you have any tip?

upload_2020-11-8_12-15-2.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-11-8_12-14-46.png
    upload_2020-11-8_12-14-46.png
    306.2 KB · Views: 74
It's the second set of locks she appears on camera in isn't it if I remember correctly? I might make it home to my computer in time, haha
Miraflores locks has 2 chambers which will lift the ship a total of 54ft up. The camera covers the 2nd chamber.
The next set of locks is the Pedro Miguel Locks which doesn't have camera coverage at the moment.
The final set of locks that TRITON ACE will negotiate is Gatun locks but that will be around UK teatime.

Miraflores locks has 2 chambers which will lift the ship a total of 54ft up. The camera covers the 2nd chamber.
The next set of locks is the Pedro Miguel Locks which doesn't have camera coverage at the moment.
The final set of locks that TRITON ACE will negotiate is Gatun locks but that will be around UK teatime.
ahh yes I meant the second chamber :D I made it , stream is running !

RCC ANTWERP is back up to speed in the Atlantic.
At 11:37 Z her position was N46.5 W21.8 and she was making 19 kts
She has just 1240nm left to go and will arrive in Zeebrugge on Tuesday.
Southampton on 13 Nov is now confirmed.

RCC ANTWERP ATLANTIC PROGRESS.png

TRITON ACE She has finally started her canal transit. See yesterday's post on the canal and webcam links.
The interesting thing is her ETA for Zeebrugge of 18 Nov.
I’m not sure that it is achievable and so it may be revised once she in in the Caribbean.
In the meantime I will keep my estimates of Zeebrugge on 20 Nov and Southampton on 22 Nov

GRAND AURORA is making steady progress towards the Panama Canal.
At midday Z she was at N18.5 W104.4 and maintaining 17.5kts.
She is on schedule to arrive at the Panama Canal on 12 Nov and the weather conditions continue to look good.
I have her pencilled in for Zeebrugge on 24 Nov and Southampton on 26/27 Nov.
The timing of her canal transit will decide whether they are accurate or not.

You can still enter the free GRAND AURORA competition - Click HERE to enter!

Grand Aurora Pac Prog.png

TOSCANA I was hoping we might catch another fleeting position report as she passed south of India but we didn’t.
Her position is estimated.
The weather in her area continues to look fine and I’m not anticipating any significant weather for her crossing of the Arabian Sea.
She will arrive in Zeebrugge on 27 Nov

Toscana to Suez.png

TANNHAUSER is now in the South China Sea and making 14kts.
At midday she was at N20.2 E118.1
Atsani has now decayed to a tropical depression and so poses much less of a direct threat, nevertheless the seas in the area will remain disturbed for a few days to come.
She will arrive at Suez on 25 Nov and Zeebrugge of 6 Dec.

Tannhauser to Suez.png

GLOVIS SUMMIT is now alongside Pier 80. In an important development her departure which was originally planned for early Monday morning has now been rescheduled to around 6pm local on Monday evening. This is still not long enough to load this ship completely.

GLOVIS CRYSTAL will arrive alongside Pier 80 in the early hours of Tuesday morning. This is clearly a major change in the schedule but I still think she will be heading to Europe. I’m a little surprised to see that she is still in Vancouver - she will need to get a wiggle on if she is to arrive on time on Tuesday.

RCC AMSTERDAM is currently alongside in San Diego and is due to depart imminently to Benicia. On the original plan she would now be heading to Pier 80 to load and so it will be interesting to see whether she is just delayed or has been scrubbed completely.

Reactions: ABCTG and Irata
Hello,

Several days that I follow up this thread, a big thanks to MrMiserable, you are doing an incredible work !!! Amazing !!!! Thanks so much, I am passionate by your work, your follow up, your information, million thanks.

I tried to catch up Triton Ace (on which my Tesla Model 3 LR is), but unfortunately I do not understand, as currently, MarineTraffic is showing Triton Ace in Cocoli, while the Cocoli Webcam is showing another board that I do not manage to see on MarineTraffic (even after or before, I thought that the webcam might have delays, but no way, this red boat is not on MarineTraffic...)
Anyone has an idea ???

Currently, here what we have:

upload_2020-11-8_13-24-52.png

I think that I just realize I am stupid enough to look at the wrong webcam.... OMG... Weeks that I wait for this moment, and I do not watch the correct webcam... Hope that someone manage to capture it for me...
:(
How stupid could I be...
I was looking at Cocoli rather than Miraflores... I know, it's written above, please do not blame me too much...

Fly

• Funny
Reactions: NewbieT
Hello,

Several days that I follow up this thread, a big thanks to MrMiserable, you are doing an incredible work !!! Amazing !!!! Thanks so much, I am passionate by your work, your follow up, your information, million thanks.

I tried to catch up Triton Ace (on which my Tesla Model 3 LR is), but unfortunately I do not understand, as currently, MarineTraffic is showing Triton Ace in Cocoli, while the Cocoli Webcam is showing another board that I do not manage to see on MarineTraffic (even after or before, I thought that the webcam might have delays, but no way, this red boat is not on MarineTraffic...)
Anyone has an idea ???

Currently, here what we have:
See my post above
Screenshot 2020-11-08 at 12.31.09.png

Does this help?