Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TRITON ACE will depart Zeebrugge later today for Southampton.
There has been no major change to her Southampton schedule and so she will start unloading her Tesla cargo there tomorrow evening.

GRAND AURORA At midday her position was N45.5 W24.8 about 810nm SW of Lands End
There are no weather concerns.
ETA Zeebrugge Wednesday morning and Southampton on Sat 28 Nov

View attachment 610760

TOSCANA She lost more time than I expected when she was battling the Mistral the other day.
She is about 35nm south of Almeria, Spain and approaching the Straits of Gibraltar at 16kts.
She is due to arrive in Zeebrugge on Friday 27 Nov

View attachment 610761

GLOVIS CRYSTAL She is at the southernmost point of her voyage and is about to enter the Gulf of Panama.
She is on schedule to anchor off Balboa later today and I expect her to transit the Panama Canal early tomorrow.
I will post a little later some more information on the Panama Canal, timings and links to webcams so you can watch the ship transit the locks tomorrow.
I estimate she will arrive in Zeebrugge on 5 Dec and Southampton a couple of days later.

The free GLOVIS CRYSTAL will close when she enters the canal and so enter now!

View attachment 610762

TANNHAUSER has just entered the Red Sea and is on schedule.
The weather continues to be fine.
She will arrive at Suez on Wednesday and Zeebrugge on 6 Dec.

View attachment 610763

RCC AMSTERDAM continues enroute to Balboa with an ETA of 26 Nov.
She is making 16.5kts and is just over 100nm S of Puerto Vallarta.
She has no immediate weather concerns and is still 550nm away from encountering a much less intense Tehuantepecer wind than GLOVIS CRYSTAL faced. Nevertheless the area still remains easily avoidable.
I expect her in Zeebrugge around 9 Dec and Southampton on 12 Dec

Enter the RCC AMSTERDAM competition here.

View attachment 610764

GLOVIS SUN is now alongside Pier 80 and should depart on Tuesday. Destination to be determined.

GLOVIS CAPTAIN will shortly reposition from Benicia to an anchorage in the San Francisco Bay and wait for Pier 80 to become free. Destination to be determined.

Glovis Captain is going to Europe, she has tons of port calls in other European ports than Zeebrugge, that fits with arriving in Zeebrugge first

Last edited:
TRITON ACE arrived early this morning into Southampton’s Eastern Docks.
She will move over to the Western Docks this evening and finally start unloading her Tesla cargo.

GRAND AURORA At midday she was about 400nm SW of Lands End.
I don’t expect her to be visible to land based AIS receivers until around 0600Z tomorrow.
There are no weather concerns.
ETA Zeebrugge Wednesday morning.
I am a little concerned however that she has yet to appear on the Southampton arrivals board.
All is not lost yet, there is plenty of time for her to appear - it’s just a tad unusual.
(You will recall however that I had an inkling that she may not actually be coming to Southampton…..)

Grand Aurora Atlantic Progress.png

TOSCANA passed through the straits of Gibraltar last night and is now in the Atlantic.
She is due to arrive in Zeebrugge on Friday 27 Nov

Toscana Med.png

GLOVIS CRYSTAL is presently making good progress through the Panama Canal.
There are no weather concerns for her Caribbean transit.
It will be interesting to see what route she chooses to take to enter the Atlantic, the Windward Passage or the Mona Passage.
The Mona Passage is the marginally shorter route to Zeebrugge.
We shall have to wait a fews hours after she has cleared the one-way traffic system north of Colon to find out.
I estimate she will arrive in Zeebrugge on 5 Dec and Southampton a couple of days later.

Caribbean.png

TANNHAUSER is progressing up the Red Sea and is on schedule.
The weather continues to be fine.
She will arrive at Suez on Wednesday and Zeebrugge on 6 Dec.

Tannhauser to Suez.png

RCC AMSTERDAM continues enroute to Balboa with an ETA of 26 Nov.
She is making 16.5kts and is about 170nm SE of Acapulco
She has no immediate weather concerns but is just over 100nm away encountering a much less intense Tehuantepecer wind than GLOVIS CRYSTAL faced. She will arrive in the area of disturbance in just over 6 hours time and it will last about 8 hours.
I expect her in Zeebrugge around 9 Dec and Southampton on 12 Dec

Enter the RCC AMSTERDAM competition here.

Amst Pacif.png

GLOVIS SUN is now alongside Pier 80 and is planning to depart tomorrow afternoon. Destination to be determined.

GLOVIS CAPTAIN is anchored in the San Francisco Bay and waiting for Pier 80 to become free. Destination to be determined.

All is not lost yet, there is plenty of time for her to appear - it’s just a tad unusual.
(You will recall however that I had an inkling that she may not actually be coming to Southampton…..)

That's really odd. I've had Tesla say my car is on the Grand Aurora and my delivery appointment is scheduled (December 4th at Chelmsford).

Does that mean it's more likely that they were wrong and my car is on the Triton Ace?

That's really odd. I've had Tesla say my car is on the Grand Aurora and my delivery appointment is scheduled (December 4th at Chelmsford).

Does that mean it's more likely that they were wrong and my car is on the Triton Ace?
The GRAND AURORA is booked into Southampton on 1 Dec at the moment - I would have expected her a little earlier. We shall see if that date moves left....

• Informative
Reactions: StevehConwy

I have home delivery on the 11th and have also been told my car is on the Grand Aurora. Originally my delivery was supposed to be the 4th but I changed to home delivery this moving it to the 11th . Very strange that southampton not showing it

Glovis Crystal is currently transiting the Gatun locks. Just got home and noticed her arriving there, and began feverishly revising command line tools to download an image every few seconds from the webcam feed, name it something different and store it XD, all the while refreshing Chrome and downloading the latest image so I didn't miss out on any before the script started running! It's running merrily now so I can stop refreshing and saving images - I'll try and glue them together into a little gif and post it when the boat has gone out of view!

Attachments

• hd-gatun (7).jpg
    hd-gatun (7).jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 52
A tracking question: if a ship (like the RCC AMSTERDAM) seems so close to shore why is its position not being picked up by land-based systems? Thanks :)
Land based systems is a polite term for folk with homemade raspberry pi AIS receivers that are connected to internet 24/7.
In some parts of the world getting electricity 24/7 would be nice and an internet connection, if available, is an expensive luxury.

I am very well aware that GLOVIS CAPTAIN was scheduled to Europe.
You need to keep up to date with what happened last week - start scrolling back!
Please Mr. Miserable let's keep this cordial. I'm well aware that you knew last week that Glovis Captain was going to Europe. It's just that you then wrote the following "GLOVIS CAPTAIN is anchored in the San Francisco Bay and waiting for Pier 80 to become free. Destination to be determined.." in one of you previous ship updates. If you had read my comments in here from last week, you would know that I'm updated on these matters.
I should have stated in that comment that I was confused about why you would say something counter to what you had previous stated. Is it down to the definition of determined, and that it hasn't been confirmed that it is going to Europe but only seemingly proven through indirect source?

Last edited:
Please Mr. Miserable let's keep this cordial. I'm well aware that you knew last week that Glovis Captain was going to Europe. It's just that you then wrote the following "GLOVIS CAPTAIN is anchored in the San Francisco Bay and waiting for Pier 80 to become free. Destination to be determined.." in one of you previous ship updates. If you had read my comments in here from last week, you would know that I'm updated on these matters.
I should have stated in that comment that I was confused about why you would say something counter to what you had previous stated. Is it down to the definition of determined, and that it hasn't been confirmed that it is going to Europe but only seemingly proven through indirect source?

Isn't he called Mr Miserable though? ;)

• Funny
Reactions: pwe169
You still haven't bothered to find out what happened last week. You can find out if you scroll back.
You may then discover why I regard GLOVIS CAPTAIN's destination as not cut and dry.

I reckon the slight delay / oddness about GRAND AURORA is down to some logistical pattern at the Tesla end.

It's worth noting that there's quite a large spread of dates of collection / delivery for cars from that ship. 4th - 16th I've seen already.

After that one docks, it's quite a rapid succession.

I didn't because it seemed to me that you were being impolite.
I have now gone back. Let's see.
In brief, GLOVIS SUN turned up late which would in turn delay GLOVIS CAPTAIN.
After several planning iterations, it looks as though a switch has been agreed ie GLOVIS SUN to Europe and GLOVIS CAPTAIN to Asia.
That's the rumour. We shall find out tomorrow if GLOVIS SUN comes to Europe.
GLOVIS SUN is a big ship and the length of time she has spent loading is convincing me that the swap may be true.
There are a couple of other stories doing the rounds, one of which still has GLOVIS CAPTAIN coming to Europe (as well as the Sun) and that another ship has been found to do the run to Asia. The problem I have with that is with Fremont production - surely they can't fill another ship to EU at such short notice and so I'm not sold on it yet.

• Helpful
Reactions: ABCTG