Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I reckon the slight delay / oddness about GRAND AURORA is down to some logistical pattern at the Tesla end.

It's worth noting that there's quite a large spread of dates of collection / delivery for cars from that ship. 4th - 16th I've seen already.

After that one docks, it's quite a rapid succession.
Dock workers will have their work cut out for them the next couple of weeks handling Model 3s.

Reactions: Morriscoombes
GLOVIS CRYSTAL has enjoyed a smooth transit through the Panama Canal and has now entered the Caribbean.
She has (belatedly) updated her AIS confirming her destination as Zeebrugge with an ETA of 5 Dec, as predicted here.
All we have to do is wait and see which route she takes to the Atlantic. BTW route predictions on the various apps do not reflect real world intentions.

TRITON ACE’s move to the Western Docks in Southampton was delayed until the early hours of this morning.
She is finally unloading her Tesla cargo.

GRAND AURORA is now in the English Channel about 33nm SE of Lizard point.
Her present course looks as though she will swing by Brixham at about 4pm to pick up a pilot.
Her schedule continues to be subject to change.
Her AIS is now showing a revised ETA of 05:00 on Thursday for Zeebrugge which is a surprise.
The Zeebrugge port schedule (not always very reliable) has also been revised and agrees with a Thursday morning arrival and a departure at 2200 on Saturday. So it looks like she will have to anchor off Zeebrugge for about 24 hours.
It’s also worthy of note that she is alongside Zeebrugge long enough to unload completely.
On the basis of the Zeebrugge schedule I would expect to see her appearing on the Southampton schedule on the 29 Nov, but she remains conspicuously absent.

TOSCANA is progressing well and will enter the Bay of Biscay this afternoon.
She is due to arrive in Zeebrugge early on Friday morning.
With GRAND AURORA unloading concurrently, the Tesla agents in Zeebrugge are going to be very busy.

Toscana Med.png

GLOVIS CRYSTAL had a very smooth transit of the Panama Canal yesterday and is now in the Caribbean.
She set course to enter the Atlantic via the Mona Passage.
There are no weather concerns for her Caribbean transit and it looks as though the hurricane season has finally ended.
It was the busiest hurricane season on record.
Her ETA for Zeebrugge is 5 Dec and Southampton probably a couple of days later.
GLOVIS CRYSTAl Caribbean.png

TANNHAUSER is progressing up the Red Sea at 14kts and is on schedule.
The weather continues to be fine.
She will arrive off Suez tomorrow evening and Zeebrugge on 6 Dec.

Tannhauser to Suez.png

RCC AMSTERDAM continues enroute to Balboa with an ETA of 26 Nov.
She is making 16.5kts and is currently off the coast of Guatemala
I expect her in Zeebrugge around 9 Dec and Southampton on 12 Dec

Enter the RCC AMSTERDAM competition here.

Amst Pacif.png

GLOVIS SUN is about to depart from Pier 80 for Zeebrugge. This confirms my suggestion from last week that the GLOVIS SUN and GLOVIS CAPTAIN have indeed swapped itineraries. I estimate she should arrive in Zeebrugge around 15 Dec.

GLOVIS CAPTAIN is currently anchored in the San Francisco Bay and waiting for Pier 80 to become free. Her destination remains to be determined - it should be to Asia, however if another ship has been sourced to do the Asia run, as is now rumoured, her European schedule may be back on. Of course, this would mean that the Fremont production runs would have had to have been significantly changed which I am not at all confident about. My guess would therefore be that she will head for Asia and that she will be the last ship from Fremont in Q4.

GLOVIS SUN has now departed Pier 80 with an ETA for Balboa of 2 Dec which is easily achievable.
She is a big ship, wider and taller than a standard Panamax carrier and so she will have to use the new locks for her transit of the Panama Canal. Significantly she can carry more cars - where the GLOVIS CRYSTAL for example has an RT rating of 6741 this ship has an RT rating of 7384.