Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thats only a part of the Harbor, complete looks like this:
The issue is that pier 530 where TANNHAUSER is due to dock is not an ICO pier.
TOSCANA, also a Wallenius Wilhelmsen ship docked at 509 and then when it was empty repositioned across to the other side.
530 is nowhere near the ICO vehicle processing facility.
So I am hoping it's a mistake on the Zeebrugge Port Schedule - it won't be the first.

GRAND AURORA now departing from Pier 104 Southampton having unloaded its RHD Tesla's
GLOVIS SUN still anchored in Gatun Lake
GLOVIS CRYSTAL still stationary in the Atlantic.
At least RCC AMSTERDAM is still moving!

Just wanted to say a huge thanks to Mr M - I pick up mine next week (been on Grand Aurora) and I must say that I'm quite pleased that Tesla didn't give me tracking options to see where my car was - @Mr Miserable has been far more entertaining! I will come back and use your Octopus referral when I get round to switching suppliers. Many thanks!

Mr M, thank you for all your continued hard work. You have been a source of great wisdom and certainly combated the mis-information my leasing company fed me.

I have just had confirmation that my lovely M3 LR will be delivered on the 10th, and just like my Midwife, I understand you must now move on to your next set of expectant parents.

You are a star.

If anybody is interested in news about the Golden Ray, they just sawed off the first (bow) section and hauled it away on Nov 28-29.

The Golden Ray was loaded with 4000+ Hyundai and Kia cars, on the way out to sea after visiting the Port of Brunswick. Looking at the pictures, almost all cars are extensively damaged but I can see a few cars on their side (above the water line) with little to no damage. I'll bet somebody will put the shiny side back up and drive them away.

The Jalopnik article (here) is the best of the web page items I could find with a cursory search.

An interesting Car and Driver article is here.

Local TV News story (Youtube) is here.

Tugboat cruise up the channel (Youtube) is here.

If you've been living under a rock, the Golden Ray capsized in St. Simons Sound near the Port of Brunswick (Georgia, USA) on Sep 8 2019 and has been a tourist attraction since then. This is a somewhat populated area on the Georgia coast with a lot of tourist money flowing to the area. The ship capsized pretty much right at the front door of the local tourist center on St. Simons Island, so anybody visiting the area can't miss the sight. Here is an info video (YouTube) from July 2020.

I'm sure nobody cares but our Tesla took us for our first visit to the area in Apr-May 2019 and we just missed all the excitement by a few months. It was a nice trip. Probably more interesting nowadays.

Last edited:
GLOVIS SUN is now in the Caribbean...
... but she won't be engaging ludicrous mode.
Knot pics and Chill ;)
upload_2020-12-4_8-7-34.png

• Funny
Reactions: init6
TANNHAUSER She is presently about 30nm south of Brighton and is on track to arrive at Zeebrugge later tonight
Although she managed to stay ahead of the worst of the weather, she took a bit of battering last night as she left the Bay of Biscay and she slowed to below 12kts as a result.
I’m still concerned that she has been allocated Kaai 530 for Zeebrugge.
This is a Wallnius Wilhelmsen dock and not an ICO dock.
This would normally indicate to me that she does not have Teslas on board.
I look forward to seeing photos of her cargo on the move to prove my doubts were unfounded

RCC AMSTERDAM continues on track towards Zeebrugge at a slightly slower speed of 18kts.
She is expected to arrive in Zeebrugge in the small hours of Tuesday morning ie well before GLOVIS CRYSTAL a ship that left Pier 80 4 days before her.
She is presently 270nm NW of GLOVIS CRYSTAL and that distance will slowly close over the coming days as their tracks converge.
The weather looks like it will be a little rough as she approaches the English Channel on Sunday & Monday.

Amsterdam Atlantic.png

GLOVIS CRYSTAL has had enough with bobbing up and down and this morning resumed her journey to Zeebrugge!
She is doing 15kts which with roughly 1600nm to go is fast enough to arrive just before midnight on Tuesday
The weather looks like it will be a little rough as she approaches the English Channel on Sunday & Monday.

Crystal2 Atlantic.png

GLOVIS SUN She had a positively lethargic canal transit yesterday and finally emerged into the Caribbean at about 22:30 UK time last night. She gave the engine a bit of a thrashing intially but has now settled to a stately 16.4kts
She has chosen the Mona Passage to enter the Atlantic for this crossing
No weather issues for the moment.
Her estimate for Zeebrugge is 15 Dec which is what I forecasted.

Sun Mona Passage.png

LYDDEN She has arrived in Newark
The good news is that her timings have been brought forward or should I say, reverted to more or less what they were originally before they ….you get the idea.
She is now expected to start loading Teslas at about lunchtime today (local) and she is due to depart late tomorrow night.
If all goes to plan then we might expect her to make Zeebrugge on 14 Dec

The LYDDEN competition will close at midnight tonight and so click here to enter NOW.

re TANNHAUSER - is this pier location just a holding one whilst they offload from another ship in the usual place, and then swap and cross-load?
It costs a lot of money to occupy a berth. It would be much cheaper to wait outside the port.
The only reason to occupy the berth is if it's in the company's interest.
It's a brand new ship and this is it's first visit to Europe and so I suspect that it may have some sort of welcoming committee from Wallnius Wilhemsen hierarchy. That's my best guess....

TANNHAUSER She arrived alongside 530 in Zeebrugge at 01:00 local time this morning. She is still there.

RCC AMSTERDAM continues to race towards Zeebrugge at 19.3kts.
I recall saying as she left the Panama Canal that her ETA was a little ambitious and I stand by that especially as her ETA has now moved right.
Her original ETA was 07:00 on 8 Dec and it is now 22:00 on 8 Dec. This is a much more realistic ETA
The weather forecast is looking a bit better than it was and there is nothing of note ahead - she could arrive several hours early if she maintains this speed.
She is presently just 168nm NW of GLOVIS CRYSTAL and that distance will continue to slowly close as their tracks converge.

Amsterdam Atlantic.png

GLOVIS CRYSTAL Over the last 24hrs she has averaged 14.3kts which is not fast enough to arrive on schedule.
She is currently maintaining 14.1 kts and if she is to arrive on schedule to arrive just before midnight on Tuesday she needs to get a wiggle on
The latest weather forecast is not showing anything of concern.
She is currently due to arrive in Zeebrugge at 2300z 8 Dec, an hour after RCC AMSTERDAM

Crystal2 Atlantic.png

GLOVIS SUN She continues to head for the Mona passage to enter the Atlantic.
She is maintaining a healthy 17.5kts and there are no weather issues for the moment.
Her estimate for Zeebrugge is 15 Dec

Sun Mona Passage.png

LYDDEN is presently loading Tesla’s in Newark.
She is due to depart late tonight (local)
If all goes to plan then we might expect her to make Zeebrugge on 14 Dec