Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there a difference in cars coming out of the Newark port vs the dan Francisco port? Why is tesla moving cars over land that far? Is must be more expensive I think
No difference in the cars.
Shipping overland by rail and then shipping from the east coast is much more expensive but allows another shipment to be delivered within the quarter.

Reactions: Watts_Up
Seriously, I get a crazy busy few weeks at work, to come back and find 15+ new pages of shipping news coming in from all angles, it’s bonkers ! Casa Miserable must be draining the local grid with 15 monitors looking at all this lot 24/7

More exciting times for more lucky new owners. Enjoy the ride folks, it’s worth it in the end !
You mean like this?
2020 Shipping Movements

With most SR+ being delivered in NL it’s no surprise to see the Tannhauser moving on to Amsterdam. Not sure if she afterwards comes to UK
0600D864-B297-4C55-9DE2-CADA9E7F5ECF.jpeg

Could it be GLOVIS CRYSTAL was delayed due to engine/manoeuvre malfunctioning of fire?

Plotting a rhumb line course first than deviate to meet up with the more (?) normal route so if all went wrong there would be more ships in the vacinity? They spend a few days dead in the water to fix things provisionally and now have returned to some capacity (but not full speed) to Zeebrugge?

Is there a difference in cars coming out of the Newark port vs the San Francisco port?
Why is tesla moving cars over land that far? Is must be more expensive I think
The difference should be weeks versus months.

Note: The Fremont factory had a freight train dock but most of it have been replaced by (tent) buildings.
There is however a large freight train depot in Milpitas, about 5 miles south.
I just doubt that the new cars will be driven on public roads?
It must be pain to truck them for such a short distance.

Last edited:
Could it be GLOVIS CRYSTAL was delayed due to engine/manoeuvre malfunctioning of fire?

Plotting a rhumb line course first than deviate to meet up with the more (?) normal route so if all went wrong there would be more ships in the vacinity? They spend a few days dead in the water to fix things provisionally and now have returned to some capacity (but not full speed) to Zeebrugge?
I don't think there was any mechanical malfunction - she didn't call for any assistance. She hasn't tried to make up time. It all looks very deliberate to me.

Reactions: OttoR and nrps1
The difference should be weeks versus months.

Note: The Fremont factory had a freight train dock but most of it have been replaced by (tent) buildings.
There is however a large freight train depot in Milpitas, about 5 miles south.
I just doubt that the new cars will be driven on public roads?
It must be pain to truck them for such a short distance.
All the cars sold to the E Coast are moved by train from Milpitas - there is a well established logistics chain from Fremont to Milpitas.
I did have a source who was able to keep an eye on Milpitas for me but he is sadly unable to do that anymore.

My daily report will be delayed today.
RCC AMSTERDAM took a pounding last night in gale force winds and GLOVIS CRYSTAL is still in high seas and has reduced speed to 12 kts.
Apart from that, the big news is that TANNHAUSER will offload in Amsterdam tonight and that neither RCC AMSTERDAM nor GLOVIS CRYSTAL are yet booked to arrive into Southampton.

Reactions: ABCTG
I'm sure I read somewhere on the net that RCC Amsterdam was to replace Glovis Crystal on the southampton port schedule so maybe RCC Amsterdam will unload non UK cars and load with UK cars from Glovis Crystal before heading to Southampton

This would make logical sense. @Mr Miserable has already report that RCC Amsterdam is racing across the pond and has overtaken Glovis Crystal. She could sling out the Europe cars in time to take direct transfer of UK cars from Glovis Crystal a few hours later. I guess this would cut down on dock space needed to hold the cars and allow a faster get-away; something of a splash-and-dash. #keep-the-engines-running!

Might be relevant information about Glovis Crystal or other ships corrently delivering in Europe in December.
Ordered TM3LR on Nov. 2nd. And chose delivery in Drammen Tesla Center (Norway)

Call to Tesla Nov 19th:
They told me My TM3LR is on Glovis Crystal and delivery should be mid december. Also got VIN.

After Glovis Crystal got "stuck" mid atlantic Dec 01-04 i called Tesla again on Dec 2nd:
Now they told me my delivery should be around Dec 30th. They also confirmed that my VIN has not changed. But they could not confirm that it was on Glovis Crystal as previously stated.

Today. Dec 7th:
I got a SMS from tesla stating december deliveries will be arranged a big hall in Lillestrøm for Covid-19 reasons, and not in Drammen Tesla Center as i chose.

Lillestrøm is more local to Oslo than Drammen and i suspect the majority of TM3 orders come from Oslo in Norway.
From this information i suspect a mass delivery operation in Lillestrøm, and this is just pure speculation but i think is mainly in order to deliver the cars before the end of 2020 and less because actual Covid-19 reasons.

So for my actual questions... Can anyone decipher something from this about how my or other TM3LRs that will be delivered in Norway will actually get from presumably Zeebrugge to Norway?

Here are some options i thought of but i dont know very much about shipping so excuse all my abvious faults :D

Case 1:
Glovis Crystal: Zeebrugge => Southampton => Drammen => Road transport to Lillestrøm

Case 2:
Glovis Crystal: Zeebrugge
Other ship: Zeebrugge => Drammen => Road transport to Lillestrøm

Case 3:
Glovis Crystal: Zeebrugge => Southampton
Other ship: Southampton => Drammen => Road transport to Lillestrøm

Case 4:
Glovis Crystal: Zeebrugge
Rail transport: Zeebrugge => Lillestrøm

Or is it more likely a ship will go directly to Oslo and then short road transport to Lillestrøm from port in Oslo?

GLOVIS CRYSTAL is now booked into Southampton to arrive to arrive Friday night.
Now it makes sense why everyone's was delayed. However I'm curious if it's going to be delayed again due to the original date being 5th and then 8th but now 11th

Originally collecting on 15th from Manchester changed to 18th
Hoping they knew would be Friday it would dock.

Edit: forget that, change the dates haha