Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maersk Ohio about to arrive in Rotterdam in about 2.5 hours ... My Model X is almost here ... whoop whoop :D

maerskohio.JPG

RCC AMSTERDAM continues to close on Zeebrugge at 17kts.
She had a bit of a rough night with gale force winds last night which slowed her down a bit.
She is now visible on land-based AIS receivers about 30nm SW of the Scilly Isles
My concern about the scheduled closure of the P Vandamme lock in Zeebrugge harbour will remain until I see her entering the harbour.
She is due to arrive in Southampton on Friday morning at 1130

Amsterdam Atlantic.png

GLOVIS CRYSTAL was also affected by the gale force winds and at times her speed was down to 10kts this morning.
My concern about the scheduled work on the locks applies to this ship too.
She is due to arrive into Southampton on Thursday at 1500.

Crystal2 Atlantic.png

GLOVIS SUN is making steady progress at around 18kts although as can be seen from the chart she is not on track.
We’ll see what happens to her course over the next 24 hours
Her estimate for Zeebrugge is 15 Dec

GLOVIS SUN Atlantic Dec 20.png

LYDDEN has moved into calmer seas and has started to put her foot down with a latest speed of 19.9kts
Her AIS is showing that she will arrive in Zeebrugge at midnight on 14 Dec

Lydden Atlantic.png

When will RCC Amsterdam arrive in Zeebrugge ?
That's actually a good question since the Zeebrugge port schedule now has her arrriving at 2200 on 9 Dec.
So despite racing across the Atlantic and overtaking GLOVIS CRYSTAL she may end up waiting in the anchorage.
You couldn't write this stuff - people wouldn't believe you.

She is still maintaining 17kts which means she either hasn't been told to expect a delay or, more likely, she has an appointment to pick up a Brixham pilot that she needs to be on time for.

RCC AMSTERDAM continues to close on Zeebrugge at 17kts.
She had a bit of a rough night with gale force winds last night which slowed her down a bit.
She is now visible on land-based AIS receivers about 30nm SW of the Scilly Isles
My concern about the scheduled closure of the P Vandamme lock in Zeebrugge harbour will remain until I see her entering the harbour.
She is due to arrive in Southampton on Friday morning at 1130

View attachment 615333

GLOVIS CRYSTAL was also affected by the gale force winds and at times her speed was down to 10kts this morning.
My concern about the scheduled work on the locks applies to this ship too.
She is due to arrive into Southampton on Thursday at 1500.

View attachment 615334

GLOVIS SUN is making steady progress at around 18kts although as can be seen from the chart she is not on track.
We’ll see what happens to her course over the next 24 hours
Her estimate for Zeebrugge is 15 Dec

View attachment 615335

LYDDEN has moved into calmer seas and has started to put her foot down with a latest speed of 19.9kts
Her AIS is showing that she will arrive in Zeebrugge at midnight on 14 Dec

View attachment 615336
Isn't Glovis Sun just on a Rhumb-line course?

What’s the average unloading time? Southampton by the 11th?
It depends on how many cars are to be unloaded in Zeebrugge and how many stevedore gangs are thrown at the problem.
In order to get to Southampton for 1130am I would expect she will have to leave by midnight on Thursday, so she'll have about 24hrs in Zeebrugge. Should be achievable - Zeebrugge are pretty slick.

LYDDEN is now up to 21.6kts!
Now that is ludicrous mode. She will arrive in Amsterdam on 13th Dec at that rate.

Looking at the weather I can see why LYDDEN would want to get as far east as quickly as possible - there is a storm brewing that's heading north. She may just catch some of it tomorrow but Wednesday is not looking good at all. 10m high waves and winds of over 60kts possible - a violent storm. That is worth getting out of the way of.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr. Impatient