Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Very odd then re the Glovis Sun, showing for arrival in Southampton still on the 20th so let's hope my cars on that one and that it is coming to the UK before going to Oslo. Else I can kiss goodbye to getting it before Christmas,...

Very odd then re the Glovis Sun, showing for arrival in Southampton still on the 20th so let's hope my cars on that one and that it is coming to the UK before going to Oslo. Else I can kiss goodbye to getting it before Christmas,...
Cars on GLOVIS SUN will not be delivered before Christmas in Norway. I asked and they said there is no chance they'll make it here in time. Delivery is set for the 28th in my case.

So, just managed to speak with Tesla and apparently my car is on the RCC Amsterdam which is due in to Southampton on the 23rd.

Plot thickens, however it does NOT show on the Southampton schedule for arrival on the 23rd sow ho know where my car is,..

So, just managed to speak with Tesla and apparently my car is on the RCC Amsterdam which is due in to Southampton on the 23rd.

Plot thickens, however it does NOT show on the Southampton schedule for arrival on the 23rd sow ho know where my car is,..
Interesting. RCC Amsterdam is headed for Zebrugge, expected to arrive within a day. Supposedly going to pick up a bunch of VW's according to @Mr Miserable
Either they meant Glovis Sun, or RCC Amsterdam is being used as a ferry between ports.

Your car is certainly NOT on the RCC AMSTERDAM at the moment, unless you have ordered a VW.
The RCC AMSTERDAM was used by Tesla in November to transport cars from San Francisco but they were offloaded in Southampton last Tuesday.
The trouble is RCC AMSTERDAM is heading to Zeebrugge at the moment, which she wasn't scheduled to do. So the unscheduled stop is interesting. She is also docking in the correct part of Zeebrugge to easily load Tesla's from GLOVIS SUN, LYDDEN and Tilbourg. The timing is right for her to arrive in Southampton on 23rd although she has yet to appear on the port schedule. I think it could happen....
She still has a load of VW's for the US onboard too.

Last edited:
LYDDEN arrived alongside in Oslo in the early hours of this morning.

GLOVIS SUN remains alongside in Zeebrugge.
She is due to arrive in Oslo on Wednesday.
I suspect that she will route there direct ie not via Amsterdam or Southampton.

Which leaves the question of how will RHD cars deposited in Zeebrugge by LYDDEN and GLOVIS SUN be sent to the UK.
Looking at the Southampton Port Schedule at the moment there are no likely suspects.
There is a possibility that RCC AMSTERDAM may be used and the suggestion that she will arrive in Southampton on the 23rd, but she has still to appear on the Southampton port schedule. Her timings and docking location in Zeebrugge all suggest that she is worth looking at.

Another possibility is that due to the delays caused by congestion already experienced in Southampton, other UK ports may be used. Tesla have used Grimsby in the past for deliveries to the north and AUTOPRESTIGE will arrive there this evening from Zeebrugge. She must be a prime suspect at the moment and it would be good to get some sort of clarification one way or another whether she has Teslas onboard.
Anybody in Grimsby?

Last edited:
Based on Koopman's arrivals there are no more ships planned from Zeebrugge to Amsterdam for december.

Could it be that Tesla has unloaded the M3P's from Glovis Sun for the dutch market in Zeebrugge and transport them to Amsterdam over land?

Based on the pre registered license plates there would be only 25 M3P's for the dutch market on Glovis Sun. And perhaps they already have received enough LR's for the dutch market from Lydden?

Based on Koopman's arrivals there are no more ships planned from Zeebrugge to Amsterdam for december.

Could it be that Tesla has unloaded the M3P's from Glovis Sun for the dutch market in Zeebrugge and transport them to Amsterdam over land?

Based on the pre registered license plates there would be only 25 M3P's for the dutch market on Glovis Sun. And perhaps they already have received enough LR's for the dutch market from Lydden?
I did wonder whether GLOVIS SUN would route to Oslo via Amsterdam but we are out of time for that to happen. I expect if there are any cars on the dock in Zeebrugge destined for the Netherlands they will be moved by road.

Reactions: IAmClose
I did wonder whether GLOVIS SUN would route to Oslo via Amsterdam but we are out of time for that to happen. I expect if there are any cars on the dock in Zeebrugge destined for the Netherlands they will be moved by road.
I was also told by deliver, which means grain of salt and whatever, that they were experiencing a lot of pushback from NL with Covid lockdowns. I'm not sure if rules are stricter for ships docking than by trailer/train?

• Informative
Reactions: Mr Miserable

seriously? I’m one of those 25 then. As I got an M3P and was informed it’s on the glovis sun.

no update from Tesla on the pick up date. It was set to 28th (with possibility on the 24th, but I doubt that with all the delays)

Just got Tesla text update stating car still on for delivery for 24th although will be done by click and collect due to situation in the UK with Covid. As Mr Miserable has stated, RCC Amsterdam, that Tesla said will be delivering the car on the 23rd, is still not showing on the Southampton port arrivals list,...