Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Prime suspect at the moment is SEA CRUISER 2 which is about to depart Zeebrugge for Sheerness.

Tesla regularly used Sheerness before establishing a presence at Southampton last year. (They also used Grimsby for deliveries destined for the north of UK.) I have mentioned before that I would not be surprised if they reverted to using these ports since Southampton hasn't been a great success in my opinion.

Spoke with Tesla and my car is now in Southampton, that's great news for my collection on Christmas Eve, however bit confusing as the guy said the UK was waiting on over 1500 cars so no idea what ship dropped that lot off and when?? Either way, apparently we're good to go for the 24th,...

SEA CRUISER 2 is still at Zeebrogge and doesn't seem to be on the Sheerness arrivals?
Are there actually any Teslas on the docks waiting to be loaded do we know?
I am very puzzled why this ship remains docked in Zeebrugge, if only because it will be costing a fortune.
I have yet to determine how any cars from GLOVIS SUN and LYDDEN have travelled from Zeebrugge to the UK.
There was the possibility of some going via Grimsby but that hasn't been confirmed.
They certainly haven't been sent to Southampton directly and there are still no likely contenders.

Do they still run this between Lydd and Le Touquet? Maybe that would work :)
upload_2020-12-24_17-21-58.png

"Mine too, three texts including reg & vin so far. Plus one phone call to say mine will be delivered to Birmingham on 30th and on to me 31st between 8 & 8"
No details about the route like you have just delivery to home on the 30th, mine is leased so I seem to get less info overall than owners

Well the Sea Cruiser 2 has moved..... to another part of Zeebrugge port ( and away from where I think ther normally load Teslas)
With my delivery on Wednesday I think the car must be in the UK already , unless a ship leaves Zeebrugge in the next 12 hours I can't see how they can unload "prep" (ho ho) and collect and deliver the car to my door on Wednesday

Phill, yes mine is due to be home delivered tomorrow, still keen to solve to puzzle of how the car got to the UK (obviously I won't care once I've got the car to distract me :) )
Mine is a Model S LR in blue
Good luck with your delivery , hope it's before the time indicated in the colour!

Reactions: OttoR
Sea Cruiser 2 is now at Sheerness, whether that is to deliver Teslas
I don't know. Is there a public CCTV that we can check?
Oh who am I kidding, no one's interested. Now that you've all collected your cars,
it's only us few tail end charlies still paying attention to ships :)
The Google Map is quite impressive. I wonder how many thousand of cars can be seen on the parking lots...

Sheerness, UK - Shipping Car Parking Lots - Overview .jpg

Sheerness, UK - Shipping Car Parking Lots - detail  .jpg

• Informative
Reactions: OttoR