Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Those precious crystal balls are still following BROOKLANDS as it transits the Panama Canal.
It is still on schedule to arrive at Pier 80 on 3 Feb.
I'm still of the opinion that this ship will be EU bound despite it not quite fitting into the recognised pattern.
Quite what has happened to GRAND DUKE, I don't know.
GRAND MARK is still looking good to follow the SIGMA.

So I ordered on 14th Jan and got a email on the 16th looking for documents. Found the VIN hidden in the source code on the 16th too :)

Tesla told me it's on a ship now so the only candidate is the Glovis Cosmos which is still on it's way to Panama canal. Unless it's actually in europe it looks like they may have changed to assign VINs before the panama transit now.

Also in the Ireland page a few cars popped up on inventory with VINs. Somebody who ordered one of them was told to expect March so again assuming they assigned VINs to cars that may still be sitting in Fremont or on the dock in SFO.

Reactions: ICE-FREE and Roy W.
The MORNING CONDUCTOR left Pier 80 on 18 Jan, after a very quick load, bound for S Korea.
All looked good for a day or 2 but then it altered course for Hawaii.
It hasn't stopped but has continued through the island chain with S Korea still showing as its destination.
I can only think that a sick crewmember has been helicoptered off.

• Informative
Reactions: Medved_77
The good news is that the GLOVIS CHALLENGE is, as expected, going to Zeebrugge. It will leave Pier 80 in the small hours tomorrow.
I would expect an ETA of around 15 Feb and UK deliveries from this ship starting around 19 Feb.
Since there have been many reports of VINS being allocated since the Cosmos sailed on the 15th, any new VIN finds may well be on the CHALLENGE. Having said that, dockwatchers are not reporting many RHD cars being seen loaded.

The next event will GLOVIS COSMOS arriving off Panama on Sunday and possibly doing the transit in the small hours of Monday morning. Once the transit is complete we should receive an updated ETA for Zeebrugge (current estimate 8 Feb).

The good news is that the GLOVIS CHALLENGE is, as expected, going to Zeebrugge. It will leave Pier 80 in the small hours tomorrow.
I would expect an ETA of around 15 Feb and UK deliveries from this ship starting around 19 Feb.
Since there have been many reports of VINS being allocated since the Cosmos sailed on the 15th, any new VIN finds may well be on the CHALLENGE. Having said that, dockwatchers are not reporting many RHD cars being seen loaded.

The next event will GLOVIS COSMOS arriving off Panama on Sunday and possibly doing the transit in the small hours of Monday morning. Once the transit is complete we should receive an updated ETA for Zeebrugge (current estimate 8 Feb).

I got a "hidden vin" even before the GLOVIS COSMOS departed. I suspect it was the day car left factory for pier 80

Ireland has had delivery delays due to a backlog in EV grant applications where they need 15 working days (21 shipping days) to process the application once the VIN is known. Maybe the old method of allocation VIN on panama transit was not enough notice to be sure the car would have grant+registration by delivery day.

Does anyone from Europe Other (you know ...the countries starting with P and end with OLAND, ROMANIA, SLOVENIA, HUNGARY) have been contacted for delivery or alocated a VIN for upcoming shipments on Challange or Chosmos ?

I ordered my Model 3 LR AWD on Jan 14 from Romania, contacted Tilburg delivery over the phone on Jan 16 and I have been told they do not know yet even how the cars will be delivered to Europe Other. I have asked if I can pick up my car and drive it home ...he could not tell me yes or no... confusing at least :)

Did anyone here from Europe Other took delivery of their Tesla in Tilburg NL and drove it home from there? How did you exported the car ? Was the car fitted with NL registration plates upon delivery?

Does anyone from Europe Other (you know ...the countries starting with P and end with OLAND, ROMANIA, SLOVENIA, HUNGARY) have been contacted for delivery or alocated a VIN for upcoming shipments on Challange or Chosmos ?

I ordered my Model 3 LR AWD on Jan 14 from Romania, contacted Tilburg delivery over the phone on Jan 16 and I have been told they do not know yet even how the cars will be delivered to Europe Other. I have asked if I can pick up my car and drive it home ...he could not tell me yes or no... confusing at least :)

Did anyone here from Europe Other took delivery of their Tesla in Tilburg NL and drove it home from there? How did you exported the car ? Was the car fitted with NL registration plates upon delivery?
Not quite the same thing but, I bought a Volvo from Dublin some years ago when the price difference between the UK and in various countries of the EU. I was able to drive the new car from Dublin to Glasgow via the ferry using special temporary transit plates. Car was bought VAT free and I was responsible for paying Vehicle taxes in the U.K. before I could register and insure it. Mercedes used to allow pick up from the factory with a factory tour as part of their selling arrangement. Same transit arrangement as people drove to the ferry for home so it’s not unusual

If you ordered on Jan 14 I would suggest you may have to wait a little longer before being in a position to make delivery arrangements. Since this thread is on the UK and Ireland section of the forum, you may have more success posting on an mainland Europe section that has experience of dealing with Tilburg. Good luck.

GLOVIS SIGMA is loading at Pier 80 however I suspect it will head off to Korea (or Far East anyway).
GRAND MARK is inbound and due to arrive on Wed 29 Jan and will most probably be EU bound.
BROOKLANDS continues to tease and although it has completed its canal transit it has dropped its hook in the Pacific, adding to the congestion at the canal entrance. In theory it should head up to San Diego and then arrive at Pier 80 on 3 Feb.
GLOVIS COSMOS should arrive later today at the canal's crowded Pacific entrance. Over the last year or so the canal's operations have been affected by drought. Last year restrictions on draught were introduced and this had the effect of reducing the amount of traffic passing through the canal and crucially the canal's income. Now the canal operators have introduced a surcharge wef 15 Feb which will depend on the water level in Gatun Lake. The fees for transitting the canal are already substantial and these further unpredictable surcharges will have an affect on traffic levels.
If the shipping costs get too excessive, or delays are encountered, Tesla may need to revisit the option of shipping overland to the East coast or Gulf ports. Whilst Q1 shipment's will hopefully continue and be largely unaffected the long term prognosis is not good since the water levels are so very low and there isn't a quick fix. Roll on the German Gigafactory!

GLOVIS SIGMA is loading at Pier 80 however I suspect it will head off to Korea (or Far East anyway).
GRAND MARK is inbound and due to arrive on Wed 29 Jan and will most probably be EU bound.
BROOKLANDS continues to tease and although it has completed its canal transit it has dropped its hook in the Pacific, adding to the congestion at the canal entrance. In theory it should head up to San Diego and then arrive at Pier 80 on 3 Feb.
GLOVIS COSMOS should arrive later today at the canal's crowded Pacific entrance. Over the last year or so the canal's operations have been affected by drought. Last year restrictions on draught were introduced and this had the effect of reducing the amount of traffic passing through the canal and crucially the canal's income. Now the canal operators have introduced a surcharge wef 15 Feb which will depend on the water level in Gatun Lake. The fees for transitting the canal are already substantial and these further unpredictable surcharges will have an affect on traffic levels.
If the shipping costs get too excessive, or delays are encountered, Tesla may need to revisit the option of shipping overland to the East coast or Gulf ports. Whilst Q1 shipment's will hopefully continue and be largely unaffected the long term prognosis is not good since the water levels are so very low and there isn't a quick fix. Roll on the German Gigafactory!
Thank you as always, really informative.

Hi, thanks for sharing. Are you in logistics industry?

How come some people have been waiting 3-4 months, did Tesla ship a limited number of cars to UK in Q4? I ordered January 18th and am still being advised delivery in February. No other communications though from Tesla.

I am surprised by the quick delivery time because I specced a Standard with towbar.