Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought last ETA for GLovis Captain was 16th March to Zebrugge? I was told by Tesla they were not staying long, just to inspect the cars this time and that would depart shortly after for Southampton? Do you think this is accurate? They said it was likely 4th week march delivery, 3rd if lucky? They also said in the meantime check existing inventory and if one pops up then order it as it was prob a cancelled order that's just arrived so i did - and it turned out was on the same boat o_O to rub things in its probably in the same stacked container or whatever

Actually I was actively looking for evidence of a Southampton visit by GLOVIS CAPTAIN and I have yet to find any. I did discover it is due to pick up some VWs from Emden on 20 Mar so I would say it is unlikely to come to Southampton after Zeebrugge. UK cars will be unloaded in Zeebrugge and loaded on to another ship to Southampton.

Model S/X are shipped in containers whilst Model 3s are driven on/off. What are you ordering?

Last edited:
I have spoken to 3 separate people non of which will tell me which vessel I am on.
Ordered 11/2. Got a VIN last week? Anyone in a similar situation like to hazard a guess?
Ordered same date as you, got VIN on Saturday just gone. I'd say your car is on the GLOVIS CAPTAIN, on the basis that I've been told mine is and I got my VIN slightly after you I think?

Actually I was actively looking for evidence of a Southampton visit by GLOVIS CAPTAIN and I have yet to find any. I did discover it is due to pick up some VWs from Emden on 20 Mar so I would say it is unlikely to come to Southampton after Zeebrugge. UK cars will be unloaded in Zeebrugge and loaded on to another ship to Southampton.

Model S/X are shipped in containers whilst Model 3s are driven on/off. What are you ordering?
Ordered model 3 performance

I have spoken to 3 separate people non of which will tell me which vessel I am on.
Ordered 11/2. Got a VIN last week? Anyone in a similar situation like to hazard a guess?

i ordered on 17th Feb Model 3 SR+ Blue with Tow Hitch got my hidden vin on 24th Feb as soon as i accepted the trade in offer and been told this morning it is on morning cara delivery 1st or 2nd week in march so they say lol hope this helps.

Ordered SR+ 11th Feb, VIN assigned about 10 days ago, just called Tesla and told its on the Morning Cara and will be delivered late March (Due in Zee on 5th March)

I think late March is a bit unlikely since there are 2 other ships after the Morning Cara that will need deliveries in late March. I think you are looking at Mid March.

My M3P Red/Black is on the Glovis Captain
Update here, I just spoke to Tesla, the chap I spoke to seemed to indicate that our M3P may actually be in Europe, they were unable to give me the current ship, he referenced that our friend Storm Dennis had caused a lot of chaos with vehicles being moved from ship to ship.

He seemed to think that I might hear form them in the next 1-2 weeks to arrange delivery though .... trying not to get excited, would e nice if this is true, but I had assumed that the car was on Asian King or Glovis Captain.

Confirmation from Tesla today, my M3P is on the Glovis Captain expected delivery last week in March, clearly the last person I spoke to was way too optimistic :D Hidden VIN appear 18th Feb.

I keep getting told "late March, maybe even April" which really doesn't fill me with confidence, especially when he then goes on to say "maybe try calling second week of March and we should know more". Several others got VINs the same week as me and the only ship that hadn't left SF80 yet was Glovis Captain. Others have been told Brooklands, and given that that ship is halfway across the Atlantic, I'm hoping mine too is on there. I'm really not holding my breath though.