Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
GRAND MARK's draught on arrival in Southampton is 9.8m and after unloading at 104 is 9.0m.
I post this only so our resident spreadsheet wizard can take a stab at the number of cars 0.8m represents on the GRAND MARK.

Rough estimate would be 1800 SR+ vehicles and 1000 LR/P vehicles, total of 2800. This is upper end estimate so you could say 2500-2800 as a range.

Found it I think! I am hoping it is on one of those although "no car matched" and its a lease so can't even check my account for hidden VIN.

Now looking to find the boats on these spreadsheets.

These ships won't appear on the spreadsheet I think you are referring to. Just go to marinetraffic.com or similar and type the ship's name.
The containers are loaded in Houston and are unloaded in Rotterdam.

• Helpful
Reactions: GrumGrum
I keep getting told "late March, maybe even April" which really doesn't fill me with confidence, especially when he then goes on to say "maybe try calling second week of March and we should know more". Several others got VINs the same week as me and the only ship that hadn't left SF80 yet was Glovis Captain. Others have been told Brooklands, and given that that ship is halfway across the Atlantic, I'm hoping mine too is on there. I'm really not holding my breath though.
This is the trouble with ordering direct with a leasing company.
A better way is to order the car youself, using a referral code, so that you get the RN. You then approach your chosen leasing company (take your time to shop around because there are HUGE differences in prices) and give them the RN. They will liaise with Tesla but you will still have full visibility of your order. Your order fee is refunded to you by Tesla after delivery.

Rough estimate would be 1800 SR+ vehicles and 1000 LR/P vehicles, total of 2800. This is upper end estimate so you could say 2500-2800 as a range.
I hope there are that many Performance vehicles....should at least give me some.hope of one being available for me.

I can safely say that if you are leasing then take all updates with a pinch of salt....until you have a collection date booked in your car could come at any time. Tesla now saying they can't tell me anything about my car (previously they said it was on BROOKLANDS) and Tusker say it is most likley to be March. It's march on Sunday, which I pointed out to them, yet they couldn't be any more specific. Again, keen to reiterate that it's the uncertainty that's frustrating, I don't actually mind waiting if I know a reliable date!

A better way is to order the car youself, using a referral code, so that you get the RN. You then approach your chosen leasing company (take your time to shop around because there are HUGE differences in prices) and give them the RN. They will liaise with Tesla but you will still have full visibility of your order. Your order fee is refunded to you by Tesla after delivery.
That's a great suggestion. If I had known this prior to ordering through my company car scheme then I would have asked them about this method first!

Not at all possible via my work scheme. Theoretically I should have no dealing with Leaseplan or Tesla directly, as all my ordering is done via NHS Fleet Solutions.

I think I have found the ship that my Tesla is on myself. I found the hidden VIN on the website then I used that number on website eTracking | Logisuite
There I found that my car departed in Oakland on 16/02 heading to Zeebrugge, then I looked in this thread and I came to the conclusion that my car should be on the asian king
I ordered a model S long range on 19/12/2019 vin number 3689XX

BROOKLANDS is the next ship to arrive in Zeebrugge in the early hours of 2 Mar.
It is due into Southampton on 6 Mar and although I have not positively determined whether this is to unload UK vehicles, I am going to assume it is.
Just spoke to Tesla and my M3P is confirmed to arrive in Southampton on the 6th on the Brooklands so you were right once again Mr M. Many thanks for all your updates and info much appreciated.

Tesla busts a gut to fulfil all orders by end of quarter, all around the globe. They do not want any stock on the high seas when end of Quarter accounts are done, so it not by end of March then for UK deliveries likely to be mid May before next batch arrive.

Undoubtedly a few stragglers into April ... but on past experience not many.
Yup, this is why I'm not confident I'll see my car this side of June if they're saying "maybe even April".

Just spoke to Tesla and my M3P is confirmed to arrive in Southampton on the 6th on the Brooklands so you were right once again Mr M. Many thanks for all your updates and info much appreciated.

Does anyone know what the lag is between landing on UK shores to delivery? I'm supposed to be collecting my Brooklands shipment from Stockport in the North so guessing it may take some time to get up there? Or could it be dropped at Zee and taken to Grimsby?

Yup, this is why I'm not confident I'll see my car this side of June if they're saying "maybe even April".
If you got a VIN around the same time as other people who got theirs and have been told they are on GLOVIS (like me), there's no reason not to assume your car isn't on there too. I was told my car was in SF docks after GLOVIS was already at sea.

Either way there's not much you can do either way, so you might as well try and relax for a couple of weeks at least until everything is definitively at sea.

I hope there are that many Performance vehicles....should at least give me some.hope of one being available for me.

I can safely say that if you are leasing then take all updates with a pinch of salt....until you have a collection date booked in your car could come at any time. Tesla now saying they can't tell me anything about my car (previously they said it was on BROOKLANDS) and Tusker say it is most likley to be March. It's march on Sunday, which I pointed out to them, yet they couldn't be any more specific. Again, keen to reiterate that it's the uncertainty that's frustrating, I don't actually mind waiting if I know a reliable date!
Dont get too excited guys I have been given many dates for my leased M3SR+ currently the 6th Mch (verbally) nothing in writing from anywhere 4 months and 4 days from order date. Yawn yawn !!

Wohoo! I've now got a VIN number (provided by Leaseplan, not via my Tesla Account!) Not sure what i can do with the number or what it means? But hopefully it means delivery is closer than it was yesterday hah! :)
Yay! Me too, I got my VIN from Leaseplan yesterday, I phoned up the Bristol sales centre and a guy there said my M3 SR+ Blue is on the ASIAN KING (eta ZEE 7 March) he also said (as it was a lease car) that the pick up will be S’Hamton docks. Perhaps yours is the same? I’m just happy that I am now able to order an EV charger