Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Your'e not the only person with that complaint and I wonder whether they only managed to get some of the GLOVIS CHALLENGE cars off the dock and into Southampton early. Some made it - I have no doubt as there are people who have taken delivery today but some cars, like yours, may have had to wait for the GRAND MARK.
I spoke to Stockport today for an update as mine was on Challenge and down to collect 5th March. Location is currently Zeebrugge apparently so your theory sounds likely indeed. I’m thinking I’ll be getting the delay text soon too.

I’ve got a strange feeling my model x delivery may get severely shafted by the reaction to this coronavirus. A case confirmed in Tilburg today is particularly ironic ! My wife says I should be more concerned about people’s health. I said “ love, it’s a Model X Performance” she was even appalled by that , honestly, women

More importantly, does the car need Norton Anti Virus before delivery?

It looks like the pilot has arrived for GRAND MARK!
She’s heading in
upload_2020-2-28_20-55-6.png
upload_2020-2-28_20-55-6.jpeg

That is not the way an American company works. The aim will be for invoices to be raised for each and every vehicle and to have received full settlement of as many of them as possible by 31 Mar. Some deliveries may possibly drift into April (those that insist in taking delivery after Apr 6) but they will have been paid for in March.
Elon Musks massive bonus is dependant on a succession of profitable quarters, no way they will let payments shift quarters if it is humanly possible to prevent it!

Another not very patient waiter here. Seems things have changed since my Long Wait in 2017 when I took delivery of my Model S 90D. I've ordered a new Model S Performance and my hidden VIN appeared last weekend, I spotted it Sunday morning (23rd) having last checked on the Friday morning.

I know 3 years ago all the cars went from Fremont via train to Houston then onto a ship across to Europe then Tilburg. I see now that there are ships travelling direct from California to Europe and into either Zeebrugge, Antwerp or even direct to Southampton.

Do all the S and X still travel via Houston and still come via Tilburg? Anyone able to hazard a guess which ship my car might be on?

Another not very patient waiter here. Seems things have changed since my Long Wait in 2017 when I took delivery of my Model S 90D. I've ordered a new Model S Performance and my hidden VIN appeared last weekend, I spotted it Sunday morning (23rd) having last checked on the Friday morning.

I know 3 years ago all the cars went from Fremont via train to Houston then onto a ship across to Europe then Tilburg. I see now that there are ships travelling direct from California to Europe and into either Zeebrugge, Antwerp or even direct to Southampton.

Do all the S and X still travel via Houston and still come via Tilburg? Anyone able to hazard a guess which ship my car might be on?

Model S & X still use that same supply route.

MAERSK OHIO departed Houston 17 Feb ETA Rotterdam 2 Mar
SAFMARINE MAFARDI departed Houston 26 Feb ETA Rotterdam 9 Mar
MAERSK MONTANA Departs Houston 3 Mar Arr Rotterdam 16 Mar
MAERSK IOWA Departs Houston 8 Mar Arr Rotterdam 23 Mar - may not have Tesla cargo

Just be aware that COVID-19 case in Tilburg confirmed today may have a potential impact on delivery.

GRAND MARK in the final stages of docking now (23:00)
Latest Southampton port schedule has no time restriction for the unload - just a planned move to another dock to load (it is off to Bremerhaven and then on its way through the Suez canal to the Far East) tomorrow afternoon.
Although the GRAND MARK left Pier 80 on 1 Feb, it has some cars from the GLOVIS CHALLENGE onboard which left Pier 80 on 25 Jan, which is a long time ago if you have been patiently following your car make its stilted journey to you.

Model S & X still use that same supply route.

MAERSK OHIO departed Houston 17 Feb ETA Rotterdam 2 Mar
SAFMARINE MAFARDI departed Houston 26 Feb ETA Rotterdam 9 Mar
MAERSK MONTANA Departs Houston 3 Mar Arr Rotterdam 16 Mar
MAERSK IOWA Departs Houston 8 Mar Arr Rotterdam 23 Mar - may not have Tesla cargo
Thanks Mr M. Next question is at what stage do they allocate the VIN? Is it when the car leaves the factory or is it once it's on a ship? ISTR the rail journey from Fremont to Houston used to take up to 10 days? Trying to work out which ship mine's likely to be on with VIN allocated 21-23 February. My Tesla page source contains "copyOverride":"March" and knowing Tesla they will make sure I get the car before end of quarter so the Iowa seems a bit too late.