Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I discussed the options for my car with the Tesla they did comment that lease cars are often delayed as the lease companies struggle with the way Tesla works. I can5 comment specifically on Les, but Tesla said the lease companies often don’t respond quickly enough, so Tesla moves on. I’m not surprised having followed this forum..... with >20,000 model 3’s arriving in March, I doubt they have experienced such a challenge.

I've never bought a new car before so no reference point, but I get the lack the communication around delivery time is odd.

However I can't be the only person who is actually ENJOYING this part of (nearly) owning a Tesla?

(I appreciate it's probably more stressful when you're trying to line this up with ending an old lease, etc.)

I've never bought a new car before so no reference point, but I get the lack the communication around delivery time is odd.

However I can't be the only person who is actually ENJOYING this part of (nearly) owning a Tesla?

(I appreciate it's probably more stressful when you're trying to line this up with ending an old lease, etc.)
To be honest... the difference is many automakers don’t really do crazy deliver like Tesla do.
You don’t get all of this communication at all. You get a call once the car is there and ready to be picked up. (Assuming you buy one made to order or o e that needs delivering from a different country).
Quantities have a LOT of impact on organising things and it really becomes challenging.

I do think there has to be massive improvements In Some areas... especially consistency in levels of service. However, I think some slack needs to be given as the amount of cars we are to receive is absolutely chaotic right now and I’m sure any other big automaker in this position would screw it up even more!

• Informative
Reactions: ICE-FREE
Interesting, my last update which came direct from Tesla said my car was in Zeebrugge (not far from Tilburg so perhaps the same location?!)

I believe my MX arrived in Rotterdam on the Maersk Ohio on 4/3/20, currently at (or on the way to) Tilburg for reassembly. I've just spoken to someone at Tesla (option 4, sounded Dutch) who says the routing to UK is Tilburg - Rotterdam - Southampton. Hopefully on track for delivery (Edinburgh) last week of March.

Reactions: G4SSV
I believe my MX arrived in Rotterdam on the Maersk Ohio on 4/3/20, currently at (or on the way to) Tilburg for reassembly. I've just spoken to someone at Tesla (option 4, sounded Dutch) who says the routing to UK is Tilburg - Rotterdam - Southampton. Hopefully on track for delivery (Edinburgh) last week of March.

Did Tesla confirm your MX had arrived in Rotterdam on the Maersk Ohio or was this just tracking back on dates etc. Im waiting for my Model S Performance and can not get a straight answer :)