Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The positioning of the GLOVIS SUN has sparked me to spend the morning looking for likely Q3 ships.
I still reckon GRAND PIONEER could be the 1st ship. GLOVIS SUN's stated docking date of 10 July leaves a gap beforehand to be filled.
It's a long way out to be absolutely sure on the timings but I reckon the 1st 3 ships in order will be as follows:

1. GRAND PIONEER
2. GLOVIS SUN
3. GLOVIS SUNRISE

We shall see.....

Reactions: Mark S and Roy W.
Hm, that's very interesting. I wonder why my quote is so high... The only thing I can think about is the car price. I used the full price of the car I'll actually end up paying (Long Range, Red paint, Sport wheels, FSD, Tow hitch and the acceleration upgrade). The total price of all these is just bellow 60k. Could that be it? If not, what do you think the most price sensitive factors are?

Cheers!
It's your location...

That's a huge factor. I live in NW London and so do my parents but about 4 miles further out. On my previous car there was a £300 difference in insurance if I changed my address to theirs...infuriating!

And back to shipping... :)

Does this fit with this car which seems to have a vessel date of 2 June and earliest delivery in Holland of 10 Jul which seems early? From the previous posts we know the departure data Tesla use can be a few day or so out, but its the first car details I've found using the vin factory gate checker, and its an MS not that it matters, but they must get their dates from somewhere

2020 Tesla MS Long Range+ AWD in Holland listed at € 88,805

Does this fit with this car which seems to have a vessel date of 2 June and earliest delivery in Holland of 10 Jul which seems early? From the previous posts we know the departure data Tesla use can be a few day or so out, but its the first car details I've found using the vin factory gate checker, and its an MS not that it matters, but they must get their dates from somewhere

2020 Tesla MS Long Range+ AWD in Holland listed at € 88,805

The very fact that it is a Model S does make a difference (see my post #3508 in this thread on Monday regarding Model S shipments).

GV is getting closer and closer to the canal.

Attachments

• upload_2020-6-4_21-4-15.png
    upload_2020-6-4_21-4-15.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 93
I've ordered a M3 SR+ through a lease company on 13th May and they provided me with the RN. I spoke with Tesla today to ask for a delivery update and they said that a shipment of a couple thousand cars is coming to the UK in two weeks and I should get in touch with my lease company regarding delivery dates then. Not sure if that's in line with everyone's speculations here! Hope it helps.

I've ordered a M3 SR+ through a lease company on 13th May and they provided me with the RN. I spoke with Tesla today to ask for a delivery update and they said that a shipment of a couple thousand cars is coming to the UK in two weeks and I should get in touch with my lease company regarding delivery dates then. Not sure if that's in line with everyone's speculations here! Hope it helps.
That is inline I think, mine (Netherlands) is expected to be delivered to myself between 22 and 30 June, meaning they expect to have the car in Amsterdam at that time., already had a SMS from Tesla confirming this.

Reactions: Mr Miserable
Which lease company are you using?

Back to shipping....

GRAND VENUS is maintaining good speed to reach the entrance tonight on schedule which logically would suggest she has her transit booked for early tomorrow morning.
I'm expecting to see her in transit during UK breakfast time tomorrow and by early afternoon be in the Caribbean.
She is a designed to fit in to the original canal locks and so I expect her to use the Miraflores, Pedro Miguel and Gatun locks.
You can watch a webcam of her negociating the Miraflores lock in the morning and the Gatun lock in the early afternoon (Pedro Miguel camera is sadly out of action)
Unfortunately, it will be dark for the Miraflores transit which has the best camera view of the two at present.
She should change her AIS destination once clear of Gatun locks and then we will know when to expect her in Europe.

Tomorrow we can look at the Atlantic weather and the choice of Atlantic route.

Received a delivery notification for mine today, 24th , to my house just outside Southampton, I'll be keeping an eye on the thread as I'd actually like to see the boat come in if it's some sensible hour

You won't be the first, or last for that matter, to do this.
This was the long awaited GLOVIS COSMOS in February this year.
img_20200214_080720_6-jpg.511031