Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi together.
I ordered a Performance on 2nd October and i saw during the last days on Tesla Germany several cars in my config. Now they are sold and i still got no vin assigned. Does anyone know if there are Performances on the Antweerp, because there were on Tesla Hompepage several Performances to sell?
I am a little bit confused......LG Andre (Germany)
Don't panic too much, cars might be allocated during the Panama Canal crossing. Inventory page on Tesla.com does not tell the whole truth and they might just be holding a car for you, without them telling you.

Ordered a M3LR black, aero wheels + tow hitch on the 16th Oct. No allocation yet.

I spoke to tesla yesterday and they said that if you don't hear anything within the next day or two, then you're likely not on the Antwerp.

Also asked about inventory and he echoed other posts in that these cars are also not necessarily shipped yet. They're just doing some simple maths of number produced minus number ordered equals number available for inventory.

Looks like TRITON ACE is finally departing :D

screenshot.png

• Love
Reactions: Morriscoombes
Sorry, not sorry, I am kind of geeking out on this stuff

Panama Canal locks - Wikipedia

Each lock chamber requires 26,700,000 US gal (101,000 m3) of water to fill it from the lowered to the raised position; the same amount of water must be drained from the chamber to lower it again.[1] Embedded in the side and centre walls are three large water culverts that are used to carry water from the lake into the chambers to raise them, and from each chamber down to the next, or to the sea, to lower them. These culverts start at a diameter of 22 ft (6.71 m) and reduce to 18 ft (5.49 m) in diameter, large enough to accommodate a train. Cross culverts branch off from these main culverts, running under the lock chambers to openings in the floors. There are fourteen cross culverts in each chamber, each with five openings; seven cross culverts from the sidewall main culverts alternate with seven from the centre wall culvert.

The water is moved by gravity and is controlled by huge valves in the culverts. Each cross culvert is independently controlled. A lock chamber can be filled in as little as eight minutes. There is significant turbulence in the lock chamber during this process

Looking at the picture provided earlier the see is lower that the land based water ways so the Miraflores dock is raising our ship up and then it will get dropped down again at the Gatun Lock. And every time it does that it empties 26,700,000 US gal from the Gatun Lake into the Pacific and the same amount at the end into the Atlantic