Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes the SF Chronicle was wrong both on her destination and the date.

RCC AMSTERDAM may head to Asia too, methinks.
Yeah they weren't just a little wrong, they were 100% wrong on all the info pertaining to Glovis Summit.
Then I wonder how and from where SFChronicle gets this fallacious information. Is "S.F. Marine Exchange" really giving them assumptions or straight up false info. Seems weird.

RCC ANTWERP will arrive in Zeebrugge tonight
After a brief stop at Brixham early this morning to pick up a pilot she resumed her voyage up the English Channel to Zeebrugge.
At midday she was 30nm S of Brighton and at 18.5kts she should finally arrive alongside quay 509 around 9pm.
There is a webcam, of sorts, which shows the outer mole and if the timing is right you can see the ship enter the harbour.
Docking in Zeebrugge is not a fast process - she has to negotiate a set of locks first.
Zeebrugge are however very efficient at loading and unloading cars, as you might expect from a port that handles more new cars than any other port in the world.
If you’re in any doubt of the size of the operation here I recommend you have a look at a Google map satellite view. The photo is a little dated as the area has developed even more to the south.

Southampton on 13 Nov is confirmed.

TRITON ACE continues to cross the Caribbean towards the Mona Passage at 18kts.
The Mona Passage is the gap between the Dominican Republic to the west and Puerto Rico to the east.
On the Atlantic side lies the Puerto Rico Trench which is about 8000m deep whereas in the passage it's only about 100m deep.
On the Caribbean side it's about 1000m deep. Additionally, there is a significant current that runs from south to north.
This 'shallowness' in the passage can be responsible for some pretty treacherous seas with some horrendously big waves.
It's not something that is too much of a concern for big ships but for smaller vessels the 'dreaded' Mona Passage has a fearsome reputation and navigating it is something that needs careful advanced planning and respect.
It is also the site of a significant British victory in 1782 when British and French warships engaged there.

I mentioned yesterday about INVEST 97L , the good news is that this storm is moving towards Portugal and crucially away from TRITON ACE’s track, along with yet another subtropical storm Theta.
She will arrive in Zeebrugge on 20 Nov and Southampton on 22 Nov

Triton Carib.png

GRAND AURORA continues her uneventful voyage to the Panama Canal.
At midday Z she was at N12.6 W91.6 and was maintaining 17.5kts.
She is on schedule to arrive at the Panama Canal on Thursday and the weather conditions continue to look good.
I have her pencilled in for Zeebrugge on 24 Nov and Southampton on 26/27 Nov.

You can still enter the free GRAND AURORA competition - Click HERE to enter!

Grand Aurora Pac Prog.png

TOSCANA No update to her position has been received.
Her position is estimated.
The weather in her area continues to look fine and I’m not anticipating any significant weather for her crossing of the Arabian Sea.
She will arrive in Zeebrugge on 27 Nov

Toscana to Suez.png

TANNHAUSER continues southwards through the South China Sea and is making 13kts.
At midday she was at N11.0 E111.7
There are no further weather concerns.
She will arrive at Suez on 25 Nov and Zeebrugge on 6 Dec.

Tannhauser to Suez.png

GLOVIS SUMMIT departed yesterday to Taiwan.

GLOVIS CRYSTAL will arrive alongside Pier 80 later today. Lots of tinkering going on with her schedule but I still think she will be departing to Europe, probably late on Friday.

RCC AMSTERDAM is currently loitering off San Francisco waiting for some space to free up at Benicia. She will likely head into Benicia later this afternoon. After unloading in Benicia the plan is for her to anchor up in the SF Bay tomorrow evening until early Saturday morning. Destination unknown at moment however I suspect it will be to Asia.

There is still time for another shipment to Europe.....

Last edited:
Just got this on my UK bound Model 3 LR

it is currently scheduled to arrive on the Grand Aurora which is due into Southampton on the 1st of December.
I suspect GRAND AURORA will actually arrive before then - 26/27 Nov perhaps.
At the moment she is due in Teesport to pick up a load of Nissans for Africa on 29 Nov.
We should get a better idea by the end of the week once her Panama Canal transit is complete.

EDIT:
I know this is the wrong forum, I'm just hoping for help. Apart form that I found that UECC seems to take it from Zeebrugge to Drammen, is this still correct?
Here is the Drammen port schedule - I wouldn't rely on it too much, and as has already been pointed out the cars will most likely be moved by train.
Here are the webcams to watch. Holman Syd is where they were parked up last quarter and obviously Kattegatkaia is where the trains were unloaded.

>After a brief stop at Brixham early this morning to pick up a pilot she resumed her voyage up the English Channel to Zeebrugge.

How interesting. Does the UK provide pilots for all boats entering the English Channel from the South West? I hear tell it is the busiest seaway in the world so i am imagining a whole village full of pilots in Devon, handing the skill down from farther to son/daughter

>After a brief stop at Brixham early this morning to pick up a pilot she resumed her voyage up the English Channel to Zeebrugge.

How interesting. Does the UK provide pilots for all boats entering the English Channel from the South West? I hear tell it is the busiest seaway in the world so i am imagining a whole village full of pilots in Devon, handing the skill down from farther to son/daughter
No You have to be an experienced Captain of large ocean going ships first - it's not a cottage industry.