Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wondering if ELEGANT ACE also resumed her journey ... out of curiosity mostly. It is a quite weird that exactly 2 car carriers bound for the same port stopped at the same place. I would then assume that they would also start again at the same time?
Yes the ELEGANT ACE is on the move too.
She is actually heading to Antwerp but is shadowing the GLOVIS SUN about 45nm to the SE of her.
The GLOVIS SUN has increased speed to 16kts but that is still is not quite enough, by my reckoning she needs to maintain a minimum of 16.2 kts all the way to arrive on time.

Yes the ELEGANT ACE is on the move too.
She is actually heading to Antwerp but is shadowing the GLOVIS SUN about 45nm to the SE of her.
The GLOVIS SUN has increased speed to 16kts but that is still is not quite enough, by my reckoning she needs to maintain a minimum of 16.2 kts all the way to arrive on time.

Give them some time to power up. We are already at 16.4 knots. Should be over 17/18 until tomorrow.

A little early again today…

LYDDEN is about to enter the Straits of Dover and will arrive off Zeebrugge later today. She is due alongside at 2000 tonight and there is hope that she may be able to dock a little earlier. She is due to depart to Amsterdam tomorrow afternoon arriving at Koopman’s at 0845 on Wednesday morning.

RCC AMSTERDAM continues to loiter around a position 13nm south of Selsey Bill and will continue to do so until the early hours of tomorrow morning. There has been space in the Western Docks for her dock however I suspect that there aren’t enough allocated parking slots for her cargo on the dock.
Tesla need to improve their capability to clear vehicles from the docks - it is not as if the flood of inbound vehicles was not forecast or not of their own making.

GLOVIS SUN departed her mid-Atlantic rest stop yesterday afternoon.
She is scheduled to arrive in Zeebrugge on the evening of Friday 18 Dec
There are indications that she may intend to follow a great circle course for the remainder of her voyage but I will confirm that detail tomorrow.
She is presently passing to the east of the island of Flores in the Azores and is making around 16kts.
The weather for her is not looking great over the next couple of days with a fairly active depression forming to the north of the Azores.

GLOVIS SUN Atlantic Dec 20.png

I have an appointment to pick up the M3P in Amsterdam on dec 23. The Tesla rep told me he thought my car is on Glovis Sun. That's why I was thinking the Glovis Sun would move on to Amsterdam.

Thanks for all your updates Mr Miserable. I really enjoy following your updates!

I don't believe anyone has said that. She's not showing on Amsterdam arrivals board.
We should find out by Thursday morning.
Some people on a Norwegian forum (surprise surprise!) are discussing that Glovis Sun may sail to Norway before Zebrugge because around 2000 of the cars on board are heading there and there's a lot of chaos in Zebrugge due to an immense amount of pre-actual-brexit orders.
What do you think about that theory?

• Disagree
Reactions: hugin and MGrove
Some people on a Norwegian forum (surprise surprise!) are discussing that Glovis Sun may sail to Norway before Zebrugge because around 2000 of the cars on board are heading there and there's a lot of chaos in Zebrugge due to an immense amount of pre-actual-brexit orders.
What do you think about that theory?
Nope. Other markets are very important too and a ship has never sailed straight to Norway before. I also don't believe that 2,000 of those onboard Glovis Sun are for Norway. I think that is an exaggeration or very bad guesstimate based anecdotal evidence. People that are hopeful and waiting for their Tesla cars always make up wild theories to make reality fit their train of thought - I've this seen many times.
After Zeebrugge, can't be ruled out though.
Glovis Sun will arrive in Zeebrugge first - I'm Santa if she doesn't. Merry Christmas.

RCC AMSTERDAM is now officially docked in Southampton!!! Just 8 days now to my collection date :)

Mr Miserable its been an absolute pleasure looking out for your updates and talking to you. You do fantastic work for all of us eager people! So thankyou!
Mine is also on the Amsterdam and due this Saturday for home delivery - so they had better get those cars off the boat quickly!

• Funny
Reactions: Antg2002
Nope. Other markets are very important too and a ship has never sailed straight to Norway before. I also don't believe that 2,000 of those onboard Glovis Sun are for Norway. I think that is an exaggeration or very bad guesstimate based anecdotal evidence. People that are hopeful and waiting for their Tesla cars always make up wild theories to make reality fit their train of thought - I've this seen many times.
After Zeebrugge, can't be ruled out though.
Glovis Sun will arrive in Zeebrugge first - I'm Santa if she doesn't. Merry Christmas.
I see.
Not sure why you disagreed with my question, though. I posted it because I was sceptical

LYDDEN arrived alongside Zeebrugge last night.
She is due to depart to Amsterdam later today and arrive at Koopman’s at 0545 tomorrow morning.

RCC AMSTERDAM is now alongside Southampton and is due to depart at 2100 tonight, her Tesla charter complete.

GLOVIS SUN passed the Azores yesterday and is following a rhumb line course for the Channel approaches.
She is making 16 kts and looks set to arrive in Zeebrugge on Friday afternoon.
The weather is not looking great over the next couple of days but nothing that should cause any delay.

Just to dispel any silly Norwegian rumours - this ship will not be going to Drammen before Zeebrugge. It also remains to be seen whether it will go there after Zeebrugge, although there may still be some SR+ waiting on the dock to go to Norway as well and if the numbers are good it may make sense to consolidate the load and then send the ship there. We may learn something when the Southampton port schedule for the 21 Dec is published tomorrow.

GLOVIS SUN Atlantic Dec 20.png

Is there a specific website to check ship details/location without paying a premium? (Or am I thinking too cheap :p)

Most websites I found on google had delayed/old data, with premium features like satellite behind paywalls.
If the ship is within range of land based AIS receivers there are plenty of ship trackers that provide free data. The coverage is the key thing though and marinetraffic.com seem to have the edge here.

As soon as a ship goes beyond the range of land based receivers the only way of getting position data is via a satellite. All the websites charge a pemium for this. I pay around £1200 per annum for satellite tracking which is why this thread contains the most accurate information available.

LYDDEN arrived alongside Zeebrugge last night.
She is due to depart to Amsterdam later today and arrive at Koopman’s at 0545 tomorrow morning.

RCC AMSTERDAM is now alongside Southampton and is due to depart at 2100 tonight, her Tesla charter complete.

GLOVIS SUN passed the Azores yesterday and is following a rhumb line course for the Channel approaches.
She is making 16 kts and looks set to arrive in Zeebrugge on Friday afternoon.
The weather is not looking great over the next couple of days but nothing that should cause any delay.

Just to dispel any silly Norwegian rumours - this ship will not be going to Drammen before Zeebrugge. It also remains to be seen whether it will go there after Zeebrugge, although there may still be some SR+ waiting on the dock to go to Norway as well and if the numbers are good it may make sense to consolidate the load and then send the ship there. We may learn something when the Southampton port schedule for the 21 Dec is published tomorrow.

View attachment 617895

I think we can for sure say that the Norwegian forum was just trigger happy about direct to Drammen, but I think nobody was really think that’s going to happen. More like a dream scenario. One interesting thing was also that Zeebrugge confirmed that Glovis Sun will not enter Zeebrugge but also same time confirmation that it will enter Zeebrugge.

It was discovered a lot of information about Hyundai Glovis that is very interesting. And also a Norwegian is now a part of the Hyundai Glovis.