Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 SR+ Foglights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Rev E parts work!
And all I did was splice the fog light wire into the accent/amber light wire!

Attachments

• 20200314_163027.jpg
    20200314_163027.jpg
    311.9 KB · Views: 677
  • 20200314_163209.jpg
    20200314_163209.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 590
  • 20200314_163222.jpg
    20200314_163222.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 585
I have my fog lights installed and have a mobile service tech coming to the house to install homelink in the car. I'm going to ask if there's a way for them to flip a switch on their laptop to enable the foglight in software since they'll be hooked up to flip a switch for the HomeLink. There's a service bulletin that walks the tech through the proper steps to enable the fog lights in software so I know it possible for them to enable it.

Attachments

• MC-10168249-9999.pdf
    348.7 KB · Views: 248
I have my fog lights installed and have a mobile service tech coming to the house to install homelink in the car. I'm going to ask if there's a way for them to flip a switch on their laptop to enable the foglight in software since they'll be hooked up to flip a switch for the HomeLink. There's a service bulletin that walks the tech through the proper steps to enable the fog lights in software so I know it possible for them to enable it.

Very interesting!
I need to ask my service advisor about this.

This has been known for a good while now guys. SCs and Mobile Service techs dont want to flip any such switches/toggles...

a. fog enable/disable
b. red/amber rear turn signals
c. LR AWD / AWD20 / Performance

Back on topic... the fog/position/marker assemblies appear to specify a 5V input on the housings... at least for the amber and white LED circuit boards... can anyone with a set apart or on a bench get the white DRL strip to light up when powered with just a 5V source?

Back on topic... the fog/position/marker assemblies appear to specify a 5V input on the housings... at least for the amber and white LED circuit boards... can anyone with a set apart or on a bench get the white DRL strip to light up when powered with just a 5V source?

i tested with lower voltage before bumping it up and while it turned on it was all dimmer and looked under powered. Cant remember if I actually tested the marker voltage the car was using. either way so far not issues with mine using the relay method.

Reactions: Perscitus
Is anyone able to grab clearer photos of both sides of the connectors? And possibly the part number for the connector? I'm trying to do this mod but want to create a interceptor so I don't do destructive damage to the harness. I suspect it being a PA66 GF25 connector?

Many thanks in advance!

Last edited:
I have an extra right passenger side fog light I bought when I was sourcing a lot of these for this project. Its part 1077392-00-C. All 3 lights work and its in good condition. The seller wouldn't let me return it. DM me if any of you guys are interested.

Attachments

• 6jOVybJ8Qp2IWdLI2rW2Vg.jpg
    6jOVybJ8Qp2IWdLI2rW2Vg.jpg
    650.3 KB · Views: 545
  • +Tex+PjGSp6qPIcURxYOXg.jpg
    +Tex+PjGSp6qPIcURxYOXg.jpg
    508.5 KB · Views: 518
  • 9CuKe0IZQIe%xXpqRebimw.jpg
    9CuKe0IZQIe%xXpqRebimw.jpg
    409.8 KB · Views: 490
  • mf1Qn0RcQ0OXx0NSqCElJw.jpg
    mf1Qn0RcQ0OXx0NSqCElJw.jpg
    462 KB · Views: 547
Forgot today that I was in for some other service on Thursday and showed them the TSB and asked if they could enable the button.
The service advisor said he would discuss with the techs... then came back and said they are not allowed to do anything with the fogs on cars sold after 7/19.

Good info to know. I’ll give the mobile tech an ask and offer to pay for whatever length of time is involved to enable. If it’s a no then I’ll enable with the working work around.

@Idkorcare - finally got my original set working! Seems one assembly was shorted out and preventing the circuit to work for both!

12V, amber COB LEDs and reflector painted over (matching non-USDM market units which dont have the reflector or the amber LED circuit boards), as I had always intended since before buying the car years ago.
Screen Shot 2020-03-22 at 2.50.31 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-03-22 at 2.50.20 PM.png

Is there a way to wire it so that the fog lights turn on with the headlights? The little strip can just run with the amber light, but i’d like for the fogs to only turn on when the actual headlights come on. It seems like you could just splice the fog light wire into the one for the headlight but I’m not an electrician, and I’m sure there’s more to it than that. Haha. Any ideas?

Is there a way to wire it so that the fog lights turn on with the headlights?

Nope, headlight works completely different. Its been awhile and im pretty sure i grabbed the correct plug but it was only 3 wires ground, main power, and a data wire that controlled everything else, running lights, headlight, blinker.

Fwiw the orange marker only really comes on when the headlights are on anyway, i think the only slightly odd thing you get is the foglights come on when you unlock the car

Reactions: Perscitus
Hi guys! Noob here and first post!

I want to retrofit just the DRL lightstrip into my 2020 Model 3 SR+. Which model number should I buy on eBay / car-parts if I wanted both the left and right sides? Would there need to be extra power wired in even without the fog lights?

Thanks for the help everyone!