Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Tesla Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I could see that. But a new model Y performance for $57k? That’s not Going to happened.
Wrong: Tons of used 2020 Ys for sale all at 9% off msrp. Check ev-cpo.com and sort by discount.
This one has trailer hitch as well for $57010.00
If you have not taken that trade in offer Tesla gave you as stated in prev post you should jump all over that fast!!

2020 Model Y | Tesla

Reactions: EV-CPO
Wrong: Tons of used 2020 Ys for sale all at 9% off msrp. Check ev-cpo.com and sort by discount.
This one has trailer hitch as well for $57010.00
If you have not taken that trade in offer Tesla gave you as stated in prev post you should jump all over that fast!!

2020 Model Y | Tesla

That's a first build car, panel gaps, no heated wheel and crappy glass. No thanks.

I think some people are getting too hung up on how to or what should define "new." The car that was posted above (2020 Model Y | Tesla) is technically a NEW car:
  • It is listed under Tesla's new inventory
  • It would qualify for new car tax credits/incentives
  • It would be titled as a new car (first buyer would be its first owner)
  • It has a new car warranty
  • It can be financed or leased under new car terms
It does have around 2,200 "demo" miles but it is still new by typical federal and state standards.

Whether or not a NEW demo car from Tesla is as good as a NEW custom order car is certainly debatable and can be assessed differently but the car in question here is still new.

And because it is a NEW car, you would also need to add the $1,200 destination and doc fee thereby making the purchase price $58,210.

Reactions: JamesBrown
They are not "new". Demos have similar miles to the OPs car. While they have not been titled, they do have significant usage on them.
There are plenty of new cars they label as demos so they have an excuse to sell at a discount. I have never bought a Tesla with more than 20 or 30 miles on it and I never paid anywhere close to retail. Just wait until they want to move cars and they have brand new "demo" cars. The last S I bought a few weeks ago was new never used and the one before that was still in transport from the factory and sold as a "demo". I was going to buy a Y at year end but could only get $6-7k discount on a full Performance Y (a little more discount on a Stealth but IMHO not worth it) so I decided to buy another S because the discount was better.

Unless someone deleted comments, not one single person claimed they could get a new Y Performance for $57k.

Well here was one I was going to buy with 27 miles for $55,190, brand new but labeled as a demo, that is much less than $57k and not the only one I considered. This was this year end sale, I wanted another red/white interior but they are harder to find with the white interior.
EEEEDC9F-A97B-4DEE-B47B-7625D5FFD7D0.png