Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021.10.2 Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh, this is strange.

As i was getting ready to leave for tennis, i was notified that a 2021.10.2 update was ready and given two choices: Install now or scheduled install. I had no choice but to select Scheduled.

Now, when i returned home, i was hoping to install before bedtime but apparently, i have no choice. Scheduled install is 2am now with no option to change it,

Another strange thing is that TeslaFi has no info about 2021.10.2. I can't be the only one receiving the update.

2021 M3LR

• Informative
Reactions: Mharda
Are
Oh, this is strange.

As i was getting ready to leave for tennis, i was notified that a 2021.10.2 update was ready and given two choices: Install now or scheduled install. I had no choice but to select Scheduled.

Now, when i returned home, i was hoping to install before bedtime but apparently, i have no choice. Scheduled install is 2am now with no option to change it,

Another strange thing is that TeslaFi has no info about 2021.10.2. I can't be the only one receiving the update.

2021 M3LR
Are you on FSD beta ?

Are

Are you on FSD beta ?

I'm on the FSD beta, at least until April 1. i suspect the updated FSD won't be released until our trial has ended.

As for the update, i woke up to find the update, which had been scheduled for 2am, did not install. Inside the car, the system says there's no update. On my phone, though, it says update available and scheduled for 2am last night. hmmmmm....If i try to install from the phone, i'm first told that it will take 45 minutes, but once i push that button, i'm told there is no update,

What? Really Tesla?

....did not install...

Make sure you disable the Sentry Mode before installing.

If you schedule it at 2AM with the Sentry Mode on, the installation will be prevented until you manually turn off the Sentry Mode.

...I'm on the FSD beta, at least until April 1...

To reduce confusion, the term "FSD beta" is only for 1,000 owners that got it while the rest of us do not even when we bought it since October, 2016 or about 5 years ago.

It is true that the system is "beta" or "beta FSD" but the terminology "FSD beta" is again very specific to the very lucky few.

If you are among the lucky few, your screen would display boxes of objects:

upload_2021-3-2_12-44-13.png

Reactions: Matsayz