Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021.11.x Firmware

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just took delivery earlier this week and I'm on 2021.11.102.

Every time I check for updates it tells me my software is up to date. :confused:

Wow, you're the first 2021.11 I've heard of. Does it have car wash mode? Maybe the 2021.3.10x crowd will update to your version?

Teslascope says it was first seen August 31st. Basically, any car since mid June can ignore everything about updates because we're on a completely different track with different version number. Everyone posting things about 2021.24 or .32 have older cars. Our firmwares have been in development longer, so they have version numbers that make them look older, but that isn't the case. For instance, 2021.3.104 had features from 2021.4.12

It would be very helpful if those getting updates could mention what their previous version was, and if it was a Vision Only car or a Radar car.
Of particular interest to me is anyone who previously at any time had a 2021.3.xxx version.
Thanks!
@jrmt23 may have just posted a clue to what's next for us. I have a 5 week old 2021.3.105 and still waiting on my first update too. Waiting to hear if 2021.11 has car wash mode or any of the other newer features.

@jrmt23 may have just posted a clue to what's next for us. I have a 5 week old 2021.3.105 and still waiting on my first update too. Waiting to hear if 2021.11 has car wash mode or any of the other newer features.
Perhaps 2021.11.102 is next for us. But jrmt23 just took delivery last week and you and I have cars from July. There may have been special parts used only in June/July/Aug timeframe. Hopefully someone with a 2021.3.xxx load will get an update soon.

Perhaps 2021.11.102 is next for us. But jrmt23 just took delivery last week and you and I have cars from July. There may have been special parts used only in June/July/Aug timeframe. Hopefully someone with a 2021.3.xxx load will get an update soon.
I took delivery of my Model 3 LR last Wednesday the 1st and it is running 2021.11.102. It doesn’t have Disney+ or Car Wash mode. I’m not sure how they roll out updates, but having just left the factory I would’ve thought it would have the most current software. Nope.

I took delivery of my Model 3 LR last Wednesday the 1st and it is running 2021.11.102. It doesn’t have Disney+ or Car Wash mode. I’m not sure how they roll out updates, but having just left the factory I would’ve thought it would have the most current software. Nope.
2021.11 is new. Very first sighting is August 31st. Completely separate track from the .4, .18, .24, and .32 that unfortunately lacks a few of the newest things, but even 2021.3 had more stuff in it than 2021.4.

Reactions: RISC601
With how Tesla pivoted to try and still pump cars out despite part shortages, they're probably using different processors and modules for some of the builds. That could be why there is different development forks.

But yeah mine definitely doesn't have Disney+ and Car Wash mode.

I hope this doesn't mean we are forked from the "main" release brach for good.

No, no, it’ll all be merged in due time …
We saw the same thing when the HW3/FSD Computer” first shipped. Was a separate release train for a while until all merged.
With the supply chain shortage going on, I’d expect some of this for a while …. But all will be normalized in due time.

2021.11 is new. Very first sighting is August 31st. Completely separate track from the .4, .18, .24, and .32 that unfortunately lacks a few of the newest things, but even 2021.3 had more stuff in it than 2021.4.
Not super new, my car was built in mid-August with 2021.11.x. Also still waiting for an update ;)

I saw someone on this firmware upgraded to 32.5 on teslafi. Guessing some 32.x revision is next for us.

Would something like FSD work like this where you could wait weeks or months to get an update that others have?

Like if the magical "button" came out in 3 weeks as planned, would us vision only owners be out of luck until the "merge" or would we get that if we bought FSD?

New cars are delivered with a firmware that is a completely different code branch than the regular fleet code branch. My Sales Associate referred to it as the “break in firmware.”

Your car will switch over to the regular fleet firmware after some unknown trigger event happens. The trigger might be after so many miles, so much time, a combination of both, or some other event we don’t know about. It’ll happen somewhere between 10 and 20 days. You’ll know when you get a “Software Update” available message.

Reactions: jrmt23
It’ll happen somewhere between 10 and 20 days
I'm not sure if you've been reading any of these threads, but none of us are getting updates even after more than two months. It isn't business as usual anymore and we're just hoping there is some merge event that lets us start getting updates. I personally am at 5 and a half weeks since delivery and I have a neighbor on 2021.3.104 that is past 2 months and still on delivery firmware.

Reactions: Rnldbmw and Extant