Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021.11.x Firmware

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Haven’t had that happen to me yet.
But the auto wipers suck too.

There’s been instances where I know the auto wipers in my VW would’ve already started wiping when the Tesla hasn’t. Plus the Tesla is annoyingly more aggressive with the auto wiper speeds and isn’t adjustable.

Yeah, today while driving had some drizzle that left drops a few times on the windshield and the wipers never activated. That definitely would have worked with my Audi’s auto wipers.

Is there anything functionality that we are missing I.e increased speed on auto pilot, decreased following distance?
Yes, some of the newer versions of .4.x, .3.x, and .11.x let you set following distance to 2 and possibly faster autopilot limits. My .3.105 clearly does not have the object permanence shown in AI day (all cars blip out of existence for an instant as I pass them) and I assume more recent versions do. The wifi staying on when you go into drive is big for those of us whos premium connectivity trial is lapsed long before we got our first update.

There is one guy on here that claims he went from .11.102.2 to .32.10 last week. However, when someone asked for a pic of the revision notes he created an entire story about how he couldn't and got into a drawn-out back and forth saying to "take my word for it" multiple times. In my experience, if someone asks you to trust them once, you can probably just take their word for it, but if they ask if you trust them multiple times, you should not trust them.

I put the probability that they are telling the truth at maybe 60% because there is nothing gained by not telling the truth, but they are acting suspicious as hell.
(1) It was 2021.3.106.5. I picked up the car on August 25.
(2) I’m not a “guy.”
(3) As you suggest, I have absolutely nothing to gain by making up something so utterly ridiculous.
(4) I hate conspiracy theories. If I did go snap a pic of the revision notes (honestly, that never occurred to me til you suggested it) you’d probably claim that I faked it. So, far be it from me to mess up a perfectly good conspiracy theory for you now.

How about this to start another conspiracy theory-I‘m actually Grimes posting under an alias. Elon says “hi.” By the way, Epstein didn’t kill himself. Or maybe…he *did.*

And you’ll like *this* little nugget to fan the flames of conspiracy even further. I pulled up the revision notes in the car a couple days ago. They don’t mention version 2021.3.106.5 *at all.* They go from 2020-something, through 2021.4, to 2021.12, to 2021.24, to 2021.32. I never had any of those builds and my car is a vision-only 2021 model built in mid-August. In fact, the release notes go back further than late 2020. My husband is in IT and his theory is that the cars come out of the factory with a certain build that is changed to the completely different fleet release when it first updates, and 2021.32.10 is the latest one in that chain. At least, it was-there‘s apparently a new release out. I haven’t got that one.

Last edited:
There is one guy on here that claims he went from .11.102.2 to .32.10 last week. However, when someone asked for a pic of the revision notes he created an entire story about how he couldn't and got into a drawn-out back and forth saying to "take my word for it" multiple times. In my experience, if someone asks you to trust them once, you can probably just take their word for it, but if they ask if you trust them multiple times, you should not trust them.

I put the probability that they are telling the truth at maybe 60% because there is nothing gained by not telling the truth, but they are acting suspicious as hell.

What's your point? There are several .11.102 to .32.10 upgrades in TeslaFi, including 11.102.2.

Why would taking a screenshot of the .32.10 upgrade notes prove anything?

I haven’t read all the threads here yet, but if getting the update is that important, (nothing wrong with that, I’d feel the same ), have you tried stopping into a service centre to see if they can trigger it. ?
I messaged Tesla and they said, for your vin number this is the latest software update you can get. No further comment.

Gives some credit to the “fork” several people mentioned. Seems something on the car is limiting the updates and not the order of who actually gets it.

Reactions: M109Rider
That’s essentially what Tesla told me on the chat based on my vin # 2021.11.102 was the lates my car supports. Took delivery mid August of long range model Y.
Yep... That's what I figured. I do programming. It's common that when you're trying to work on compatibility on a slightly different hardware platform (different chipsets because of the shortages) you take that current version that's available at that time, change the software to make it compatible, stabilize it, and then after it is working at the same level as your current working platform you start merging the newest release into the new fork.

Just took delivery of my MY Performance this morning. it had version 2021.11.104 installed. Question. When will Slacker and Spotify work? I was told by my sales guy as well as the people at the Tesla center that Spotify is included as a part of the Premium Connectivity package. When I go in to the Spotify account, there is no "Use Tesla Account" button.

Has anyone recently taken ownership of a new Model Y and found Spotify working?

(1) It was 2021.3.106.5. I picked up the car on August 25.
(2) I’m not a “guy.”
(3) As you suggest, I have absolutely nothing to gain by making up something so utterly ridiculous.
(4) I hate conspiracy theories. If I did go snap a pic of the revision notes (honestly, that never occurred to me til you suggested it) you’d probably claim that I faked it. So, far be it from me to mess up a perfectly good conspiracy theory for you now.

How about this to start another conspiracy theory-I‘m actually Grimes posting under an alias. Elon says “hi.” By the way, Epstein didn’t kill himself. Or maybe…he *did.*

And you’ll like *this* little nugget to fan the flames of conspiracy even further. I pulled up the revision notes in the car a couple days ago. They don’t mention version 2021.3.106.5 *at all.* They go from 2020-something, through 2021.4, to 2021.12, to 2021.24, to 2021.32. I never had any of those builds and my car is a vision-only 2021 model built in mid-August. In fact, the release notes go back further than late 2020. My husband is in IT and his theory is that the cars come out of the factory with a certain build that is changed to the completely different fleet release when it first updates, and 2021.32.10 is the latest one in that chain. At least, it was-there‘s apparently a new release out. I haven’t got that one.
Why wouldn’t you just post it, thought? Would love to see the notes.

Just took delivery of my MY Performance this morning. it had version 2021.11.104 installed. Question. When will Slacker and Spotify work? I was told by my sales guy as well as the people at the Tesla center that Spotify is included as a part of the Premium Connectivity package. When I go in to the Spotify account, there is no "Use Tesla Account" button.

Has anyone recently taken ownership of a new Model Y and found Spotify working?
Slacker Radio (Streaming) works with the software version you’re currently on. As for Spotify, you still need a premium account in the US to use it with the built-in player that’s integrated. You can use the free version via Bluetooth though.

Reactions: jrmt23
Slacker Radio (Streaming) works with the software version you’re currently on. As for Spotify, you still need a premium account in the US to use it with the built-in player that’s integrated. You can use the free version via Bluetooth though.
So no included Tesla Spotify account? Bummer. I will follow up with my sales guy to see. Maybe it was something offered on the S or other models or a takeaway like they did with the HomeLink garage opener :)

So no included Tesla Spotify account? Bummer. I will follow up with my sales guy to see. Maybe it was something offered on the S or other models or a takeaway like they did with the HomeLink garage opener :)
As far as I know only some European markets have the “Use Tesla Account”. Even model s/X owners have to have a premium Spotify account before they can use the built-in player.

Just stop. They are release notes (branch changelogs) and have have nothing to do with what was installed in the car previously. You are just being a bully.

Here you go: 2021.32.10 Official Tesla Release Notes - Software Updates
No i want to see the specific notes.
I also have a car stuck on 2021.3.106.5 and it shows 2021.4.11 as the previous version, which is strange.

if his car really updated from 2021.3.106.5 to a never Version it would be interesting to see what it shows.

No i want to see the specific notes.
I also have a car stuck on 2021.3.106.5 and it shows 2021.4.11 as the previous version, which is strange.

if his car really updated from 2021.3.106.5 to a never Version it would be interesting to see what it shows.
Obviously, you didn’t read the post. First, I’m a “her.” Second, the in-car release notes don’t show 2021.3.106.5 *at all* now. They go from 2020.48 to 2021.4 to 2021.24 to the current release. My husband is in IT and his take is that 2021.3 is a factory build that is replaced with the fleet release on the first update.

I’d also like to point out a couple logical flaws with these demands for “verification.”

First, yes I can post a screenshot of my Tesla app. I can’t edit it to remove my home address or VIN, both of which are clearly displayed thereon, and to be frank, I haven’t a clue how to edit screenshots on an iPhone. But even if I did, all it would show is that my car is on 2021.32.10. It doesn’t show an update history, and I didn’t screenshot the update because it honestly did not occur to me at the time that I’d be in the position of having to prove that I’m not trolling other posters simply for posting the fact that my car updated. It didn’t update to 2021.32.20. If I was making this up for whatever purpose, wouldn’t I be including that update too? What would doing an hour or two of work to try to figure out how to edit a screenshot that doesn’t tell you what you want to know help?

Second, as I’ve posted before, the in-car update notes don’t include 3.106.5 at all. So posting a screenshot of that wouldn’t give you the “proof” you want either. Sorry. And I don’t have Tesla.fi on my car-you have to pay for that and I already have too many subscriptions.

Look, if it makes you feel better to believe that no vision cars have ever or will ever update because Elon Musk is engaging in some sort of grand conspiracy, and that I’m just trolling you and THE TRUTH is that no cars in the vision line have updated at all, don’t let me stop you. Or Tesla.fi, which shows a number of .3 and .11 builds that have updated. Rage on, by all means.

Obviously, you didn’t read the post. First, I’m a “her.” Second, the in-car release notes don’t show 2021.3.106.5 *at all* now. They go from 2020.48 to 2021.4 to 2021.24 to the current release. My husband is in IT and his take is that 2021.3 is a factory build that is replaced with the fleet release on the first update.
Interesting that 2021.3.106.5 doesn’t show in the version history anymore. It really seems to be an odd version.

How long have you had the car when you received the update?