Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021.11.x Firmware

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow, you're the first 2021.11 I've heard of. Does it have car wash mode? Maybe the 2021.3.10x crowd will update to your version?

Teslascope says it was first seen August 31st. Basically, any car since mid June can ignore everything about updates because we're on a completely different track with different version number. Everyone posting things about 2021.24 or .32 have older cars. Our firmwares have been in development longer, so they have version numbers that make them look older, but that isn't the case. For instance, 2021.3.104 had features from 2021.4.12
I picked mine up on 18th. I have 2021.11.103
I have it set to advanced. Always says I am current/ up to date.

How did you upgrade to this version? How long it took for you to get update from 2021.11.102 to 2021.32.22?
I had my car for about 3 weeks and drove about 950 miles. Not sure if they're doing a rolling rollout to prevent the update system from being overwhelmed, but once they started it seems to be moving rather fast if they get to your specific configuration of vehicle. They seem to have started with the Model S, then the Model Ys, and the we started to see Model 3s. I'm not sure if FSD and/or Autopilot plays a role in where you sit in the update queue.

I picked mine up on 18th. I have 2021.11.103
I have it set to advanced. Always says I am current/ up to date.
So you're at 1 week of ownership? I'm 100% sure you will not have the same wait as me and the other .3.104/105 gang since you're getting in on the tail in end of it (read the threads, vision-only/IC shortage cars have been islanded on factory firmware for months). I'm at over 8 weeks with a few thousand miles on the odometer with a late July .3.105 and I still know there are .3.104 cars waiting a few weeks longer than me. Tonight was a magic bullet for a lot of the newer cars and there were definitely American 11.103 cars getting the update. Its possible the update missed you simply because you're still in the "normal" two week blackout period.

The major roll-outs come every two weeks, so pretty good bet you'll get something on or before Oct 9th.

Reactions: GeoG
So you're at 1 week of ownership? I'm 100% sure you will not have the same wait as me and the other .3.104/105 gang since you're getting in on the tail in end of it (read the threads, vision-only/IC shortage cars have been islanded on factory firmware for months). I'm at over 8 weeks with a few thousand miles on the odometer with a late July .3.105 and I still know there are .3.104 cars waiting a few weeks longer than me. Tonight was a magic bullet for a lot of the newer cars and there were definitely American 11.103 cars getting the update. Its possible the update missed you simply because you're still in the "normal" two week blackout period.

The major roll-outs come every two weeks, so pretty good bet you'll get something on or before Oct 9th.
Yep. Just a week and 814 miles. Well I drove 450 miles upon pickup. MO to OK.
I will need to spend more time on here and read about the vision only and other threads to get a better understanding. Appreciate the input.

Make sure you’re connected to wifi… I almost forgot to connect mine. Or can updates download over cellular now?
I am connected both at home and at work. I checked speeds and have good speeds as well. I put the Eero Pro in the garage just to make sure it has good WiFi.

Attachments

• 96E27477-23AB-49E5-A98D-43B224E4E51E.jpeg
    96E27477-23AB-49E5-A98D-43B224E4E51E.jpeg
    318.7 KB · Views: 110
Reactions: loganwatson
I picked my car up on 9/17/21. The software was 202.11.102. I received 2021.32.22 Saturday seemingly with everyone. I’m guessing vision cars are back on track with all the cars now.
I am connected both at home and at work. I checked speeds and have good speeds as well. I put the Eero Pro in the garage just to make sure it has good WiFi.
I have good wifi too and I picked up on 9/10/2021, as of morning no update.

Make sure you’re connected to wifi… I almost forgot to connect mine. Or can updates download over cellular now?
I see this on here a lot, you get update notifications over cellular, even without premium connectivity.

Sure, to download the update you need wifi (not sure if premium connectivity will work), but you will know the update is available unless you both never take the car to a place with cell signal and never connect it to wifi.

To head it off at the pass, the Standard/Advanced toggle is also not a factor.

Reactions: loganwatson
I see this on here a lot, you get update notifications over cellular, even without premium connectivity.

Sure, to download the update you need wifi (not sure if premium connectivity will work), but you will know the update is available unless you both never take the car to a place with cell signal and never connect it to wifi.

To head it off at the pass, the Standard/Advanced toggle is also not a factor.
You get the notifications over cellular, but it needs to be connected to WIFI to actually download the update to the vehicle.

@jrmt23 may have just posted a clue to what's next for us. I have a 5 week old 2021.3.105 and still waiting on my first update too. Waiting to hear if 2021.11 has car wash mode or any of the other newer features.
Hi! Just picked up my T3sr this past Sunday and I'm having the same problem (version: 2021.11.103). It does not have car wash mode, nor Disney+, and I can't get my Netflix accepted. :(

We have had our M3SR+ since 9/5 and we are still stuck on v 2021.11.103, with it saying we are up to date as of 9/26 (didn't check this morning). I am hopeful that by a month of ownership we will get it.

I messaged Tesla and they said, for your vin number this is the latest software update you can get. No further comment.

Gives some credit to the “fork” several people mentioned. Seems something on the car is limiting the updates and not the order of who actually gets it.
Update from asking today due to not having FSD opt in button.

Attachments

• 0D371B27-7960-4022-BE99-7A2CC6043A65.jpeg
    0D371B27-7960-4022-BE99-7A2CC6043A65.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 63