Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021.11.x Firmware

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my MYP this past Saturday, 9/25, and I’m on 2021.11.104, which I guess is super new and fancy and also doesn’t include Disney+. I consider this an assault on my rights and freedoms despite the fact that I’m not actually a Disney+ subscriber 😜
Congrats - I got mine a week ago too. I got the same version you have. I also found out that Free Tesla Spotify account isn't included with the premium connectivity subscription. Good news was there is a 3 month trial.

I've definitely seen 11.103 chiming in from the big update earlier this week. While it certainly could be that the newest cars are in yet another hardware config that will need to be merged separately, I doubt it. Just to be clear, all cars ship with a factory firmware branch and the current factory firmware is the .11.x. No one is getting a brand new car with 2021.32.x on it.

You're probably all just in the "normal" update freeze which it seems is generally a week long (though everyone on here says two weeks and service will say up to 4 weeks). Normal in quotes because there certainly are cars that get updates day-of-delivery or after a couple days, but that probably means it sat on the lot already initialized for most of their freeze rather than cars getting unfrozen early.

I've definitely seen 11.103 chiming in from the big update earlier this week. While it certainly could be that the newest cars are in yet another hardware config that will need to be merged separately, I doubt it. Just to be clear, all cars ship with a factory firmware branch and the current factory firmware is the .11.x. No one is getting a brand new car with 2021.32.x on it.

You're probably all just in the "normal" update freeze which it seems is generally a week long (though everyone on here says two weeks and service will say up to 4 weeks). Normal in quotes because there certainly are cars that get updates day-of-delivery or after a couple days, but that probably means it sat on the lot already initialized for most of their freeze rather than cars getting unfrozen early.
Wishful thinking, however it sounds more like LR and P versions of the Model 3 as well as all models of the Y are shipping with some variation of 2021.11.x and updating to the current release from last week. On the other hand, another build configuration was introduced this month; the LFP battery SR+ Model 3’s being delivered daily in the US. Only some of these vehicles are not receiving updates from 2021.11.x at this time and it may be in part due to the software update hold everyone experienced around Labor Day weekend because SA were informing everyone the vehicles required a software update before they could be delivered.

Just my 2 cents

Got me M3LR on Monday 9/27. Like a lot of your guys took delivery lately I’m on 2021.11.104 as well. Chatted with tesla service they told me update will happen eventually… On another note my friend who bought his M3SR+ back in May is currently on 2021.24.5

Attachments

• 2E40D86B-AC76-43DD-A95D-A1A0B4D0B9B0.jpeg
    2E40D86B-AC76-43DD-A95D-A1A0B4D0B9B0.jpeg
    81.2 KB · Views: 75
So some Tesla 3 LR got recycled parts, old batteries ( 2020 version on a 2021) while others w/ same model got the new parts & better battery - so they are giving customers lemon cars & not telling them ? Thats not right @ all, no wonder they can’t give customers there car configurations, they’re prob reserving the good model 3 ( with new parts, good 82kwh battery) for themselves or their friends. Ill prob return my car, if I find out that’s the case. Plus new Teslas should come w / latest software - not old outdated software ( 2021.11.103), that has no updates.

So some Tesla 3 LR got recycled parts, old batteries ( 2020 version on a 2021) while others w/ same model got the new parts & better battery - so they are giving customers lemon cars & not telling them ? Thats not right @ all, no wonder they can’t give customers there car configurations, they’re prob reserving the good model 3 ( with new parts, good 82kwh battery) for themselves or their friends. Ill prob return my car, if I find out that’s the case. Plus new Teslas should come w / latest software - not old outdated software ( 2021.11.103), that has no updates.
Where did you read that Tesla recycled parts and old batteries into new cars?
I'm admittedly new to the Tesla world, but that's something I've never heard of and would really piss me off if it happened to me.