Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021.11.x Firmware

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So some Tesla 3 LR got recycled parts, old batteries ( 2020 version on a 2021) while others w/ same model got the new parts & better battery - so they are giving customers lemon cars & not telling them ? Thats not right @ all, no wonder they can’t give customers there car configurations, they’re prob reserving the good model 3 ( with new parts, good 82kwh battery) for themselves or their friends. Ill prob return my car, if I find out that’s the case. Plus new Teslas should come w / latest software - not old outdated software ( 2021.11.103), that has no updates.
Do you have a concrete source to this? This is the first time I'm reading of Tesla using "recycled parts, old batteries."

Reactions: Canyonero
Tbf, both my old Prius and my VW would flash the high beams on and off when it would detect the reflections off the road signs.

The Model 3 just doesn't seem to recognize cars that I could be blinding by keeping the high beams on. For now, i've been driving with the auto high beams off more than on. Hopefully the next update fixes some things.
I had a ram 2500 laramie that would do the same with auto high beams. My tesla also does with street signs. The only issue I have had with nighttime driving high beams on my Tesla is highway driving I have to get within ~300 feet before they turn off for taillights.

I just took delivery earlier this week and I'm on 2021.11.102.

Every time I check for updates it tells me my software is up to date. :confused:
I picked mine up approx same time -its very frustrating to have no available updates ( 2021.11.103) We are missing out on the beta FSD option :( . I expected to have current software on my Tesla. Its like buying a pc with outdated software :(

Every time I check for updates it tells me my software is up to date. :confused:

• Disagree
Reactions: Sandor
Do you have a concrete source to this? This is the first time I'm reading of Tesla using "recycled parts, old batteries."
My 3LR21 -I asked multiple times from when I placed order to pick up - that it had M3LR 2021 specs -82kwh battery, they assured me it did - now a service person told me I only had a 65kwh battery, he said all the all the same models -had different parts, no cars were the same ? All the models should be should be standard for model/trim -except for the choices we have( seating/wheels/paint/FSD). Well Im totally upset about battery. I dont know how they could put a 65kwh battery in a 3LR21, even the SR has a bigger battery

My 3LR21 -I asked multiple times from when I placed order to pick up - that it had M3LR 2021 specs -82kwh battery, they assured me it did - now a service person told me I only had a 65kwh battery, he said all the all the same models -had different parts, no cars were the same ? All the models should be should be standard for model/trim -except for the choices we have( seating/wheels/paint/FSD). Well Im totally upset about battery. I dont know how they could put a 65kwh battery in a 3LR21, even the SR has a bigger battery
Are you trolling us or what?
The Model 3 Standard Range/Plus has a 54kwh battery pack whereas the Long Range/Performance has an 82kwh.

edit to add: if you really want to learn more about you car, use this tool. scan my tesla

Last edited:
Reactions: DarthStar
So...no published document to state that or concrete data. Just hearsay?

Yeah I would take what you've been told with a grain of salt. The sales advisors have been known to tell people one thing and then another person another thing that is totally different.

They also could've been referencing old data. The LR Model 3 prior to the refresh had a 75 kWh battery. The only Model 3 to get a 60~kwh battery was the mid-range back in 2018-2019. 2021+ are 82kwh. What has changed is the SOCs/chips used in some of the modules. Tesla pivoted early in the year to different suppliers, hence why some cars have different factory firmware builds on initial delivery that eventually get merged with the main software branch (as most of us have recently experienced with the roll out of 2021.32.21), and quite frankly, i'd rather have a stable software release from the factory and wait until the developers are ready to merge the factory firmware inline with the main branch of firmware.

Took delivery on 9/18 and still on factory .103 load.
This is what I thought. I don't think these vehicles are part of the group that will be seeing the FSD Beta.

LR vehicles however are receiving the update on a rolling basis as well as SR/SR+ vehicles without LFP batteries. I assume they will merge the software branch within the next few months, once they see how the factory software performs on the new builds.

So you're at 1 week of ownership? I'm 100% sure you will not have the same wait as me and the other .3.104/105 gang since you're getting in on the tail in end of it (read the threads, vision-only/IC shortage cars have been islanded on factory firmware for months). I'm at over 8 weeks with a few thousand miles on the odometer with a late July .3.105 and I still know there are .3.104 cars waiting a few weeks longer than me. Tonight was a magic bullet for a lot of the newer cars and there were definitely American 11.103 cars getting the update. Its possible the update missed you simply because you're still in the "normal" two week blackout period.

The major roll-outs come every two weeks, so pretty good bet you'll get something on or before Oct 9th.
Thanks for the information, I wasn’t aware of a two week blackout period. I have a vision only PM3 with FSD delivered on September 26th. I am still on 2021.11.104 and have had no updates. Wonder why they can’t follow Apples lead and make the uploads available to everyone at the same time?

Reactions: danielshue