Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021.11.x Firmware

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mobile tech also referred to these factory loaded ones as "islanded firmware." Otherwise I don't know that anyone really knows whether it's 4 weeks, min of 1k miles driven, delivery date, etc. Ultimately your car's VIN is either pooled into a batch push of a new version or isn't. Though it always feels good to rationalize logic to explain why we think we received the update.

I chatted with Tesla support back on 10/4/21 asking about my update:

duGrXiE.jpg

I further asked specifically if they could push mine up 😁

UmpDh86.jpg

Its currently 16 days after that chat (12 business days if you don't count weekends) and no update as of yet.

I chatted with Tesla support back on 10/4/21 asking about my update:

duGrXiE.jpg

I further asked specifically if they could push mine up 😁

UmpDh86.jpg

Its currently 16 days after that chat (12 business days if you don't count weekends) and no update as of yet.
I took delivery 09/06 and still running factory build. Good luck to you all, this has no order whatsoever it’s just random luck of the draw

I think this is true.. 9/28 MYP no FSD delivery on 104, updated to .36 about 2 weeks later with about 600 miles. It'll be funny if 36.5 pops up in the next couple days
MY seems to be the one updating. Like I mentioned last week, I think it has to do with the updated specifications for the LFP M3 SR+ Keeping it on a separate software build branch.

10.3 is still planned to release tonight at midnight PST, hopefully that'll be when we'll get brought up to at least be able to request fsd beta access.
Don’t count on it. Some people mentioned audio issues with 36.5 and I haven’t seen too many vehicles update to that build in the last 2 days. Seems like they slowed the push on that build due to bugs.

I could be entirely wrong though.

Don’t count on it. Some people mentioned audio issues with 36.5 and I haven’t seen too many vehicles update to that build in the last 2 days. Seems like they slowed the push on that build due to bugs.

I could be entirely wrong though.
Well, 32.22 is the 'request FSD Beta' build so it doesn't have those same audio issues as 36.5. I guess we'll see what the weekend holds - fingers crossed for us!

EDIT: I got ahead of myself - the 10.3 update is Friday night at midnight PST.

Last edited:
No update today (as of 5:50AM PST)

MYP
Current version: 11.104
Washington
Delivery: 9/14
No FSD
ODM: 865
Connected to WiFi @ Home

I called support yesterday relating to an ongoing issue I have with Spotify. My Spotify won't immediately play when leaving the garage. It's like it has problems handing off from WiFi to Cellular service. The person I spoke with remote'd into my car to see events. He said that there was some issues related to WiFi Cellular handoffs and will be addressed in an update. He said given my car is about 1 month out from delivery, I should be getting an update soon. He said they freeze updates on the factory firmware to evaluate any faults against a baseline.

The good news is Spotify will hopefully improve (in my case) once I get an update.

No update today (as of 5:50AM PST)

MYP
Current version: 11.104
Washington
Delivery: 9/14
No FSD
ODM: 865
Connected to WiFi @ Home

I called support yesterday relating to an ongoing issue I have with Spotify. My Spotify won't immediately play when leaving the garage. It's like it has problems handing off from WiFi to Cellular service. The person I spoke with remote'd into my car to see events. He said that there was some issues related to WiFi Cellular handoffs and will be addressed in an update. He said given my car is about 1 month out from delivery, I should be getting an update soon. He said they freeze updates on the factory firmware to evaluate any faults against a baseline.

The good news is Spotify will hopefully improve (in my case) once I get an update.
Try rebooting the MCU. When in your garage, hold down the scroll wheels until the Tesla logo appears on the screen. Maybe that will rectify the issue for you

Talked to Tesla about a charging issue I then asked about the software since I was on the phone already with them and they said the new updates are going to be pushed starting today going through Sunday and if you don't have it by Monday I could call and have them push it through.