Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021.12.25.10 Is replacing 2021.12.25.7

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This update bricked my car. Woke up this morning and the app or key fob couldn’t connect. Can’t open trunk or frunk or doors or remove plug charger. No lights or anything turn on.

on phone with roadside assistance but wow were ppl not wrong when they said this build was buggy. The last thing the Tesla app shows “updated yesterday” but on top “software upgrade in progress”…what a joke :/

Last edited:
Reactions: powertoold
This update bricked my car. Woke up this morning and the app or key fob couldn’t connect. Can’t open trunk or frunk or doors or remove plug charger. No lights or anything turn on.

on phone with roadside assistance but wow were ppl not wrong when they said this build was buggy. The last thing the Tesla app shows “updated yesterday” but on top “software upgrade in progress”…what a joke :/

Which update? 25.10 or 25.7? Oh nevermind, guess you were going to 25.7

I don't want to update to 25.7. If I never do this, will the car eventually prompt me to update to 25.10, without going through version 25.7?

Yes, or an even newer one. A while back I skipped several “revisions”. I quit calling them upgrades. If 25.7 downloads, just don’t install it. It will eventually get kicked out and replaced.
Would it be beneficial in the future to disable WiFi (or simply remove my car's ability to connect to my WiFi network) so that I don't constantly get nagged to switch a a new revision? Getting prompted every time I get in the car or put it in park is quite annoying and I can't figure out how to get rid of the prompt, or kick out the revision so that it no longer constantly nags me.

I disabled WI-Fi and several months later the car downloaded new software over cellular by itself. Once it’s downloaded, the only way to get rid of the prompt is to manually do it on the touchscreen or put the car in gear. No big deal.

Last edited:
I mentioned this before in another post, your car will download software over cellular if such update contains security fixes. It boggles my mind that folks want to skip updates in car that’s connected to the internet and uses Bluetooth for some of its connection.

If you plan to never use the web browser nor let your car connect to the internet, then feel free to skip the bug fixes updates.

Reactions: angus[Y]oung
I mentioned this before in another post, your car will download software over cellular if such update contains security fixes. It boggles my mind that folks want to skip updates in car that’s connected to the internet and uses Bluetooth for some of its connection.

If you plan to never use the web browser nor let your car connect to the internet, then feel free to skip the bug fixes updates.
I'll gladly install revisions that don't contain more bugs than those that they're replacing (which doesn't seem to be the case with 2021.12.25.7).

It boggles my mind that folks want to skip updates in car that’s connected to the internet and uses Bluetooth for some of its connection.
Interesting. It boggles my mind why anyone would want to be on the bleeding edge of Tesla releases. It's guaranteed to break something potentially critical. Go for it and let us know what doesn't work anymore so we can make an informed decision.

Interesting. It boggles my mind why anyone would want to be on the bleeding edge of Tesla releases. It's guaranteed to break something potentially critical. Go for it and let us know what doesn't work anymore so we can make an informed decision.
In seven years of taking Tesla updates as early as possible they have *never* broken anything critical on my cars. Sure there have been many changes, but I've been very impressed with how nothing serious has ever gone wrong with safety critical systems.

If you don't trust Tesla, then you really shouldn't be driving one.