Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021.12.25.6 update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is becoming a growing concern for me. It now makes more sense why typical automakers historically don't offer updates, even when available, for their cars unless something is broken, the user complains, and it will be fixed with an update.

Tesla is getting to the point where there are too many models, with too many options, and too many configuration's to try and maintain a "global" release thats bug free and stable for all cars ever produced in roughly the last decade.

Don't get me wrong I love the constant updates, even though I prefer to replace my cars when warranty expires, but this constant improvement seems to be more then they have resources or are willing to commit to.
I think it has more to do with the switch to TeslaVision and the release of the Model S refresh. This has caused a couple forks but once they get everything worked out they should be able to merge them again.

Reactions: Silicon Desert
add to it sirius xm keeps disappearing from menu option. I’ve had to reboot 2x to get it to reappear.
Mine has been doing that since they updated to the actual Sirius app in the tray. If my X connects to my home WiFi the next time I get in the app is gone and it’s back to the xm in with the fm radio selection. It only comes back once I’m on LTE. Happens every single day. If I erase my WiFi and just keep it on lte it never happens

• Informative
Reactions: X Fan
I think it has more to do with the switch to TeslaVision and the release of the Model S refresh. This has caused a couple forks but once they get everything worked out they should be able to merge them again.
That’s part of what I’m talking about.

The new S doesn’t shift lever so it has to have the on screen selector.

Like you said Vision vs non Vision.

Software updates for cars with various computers.

So on an so forth.

Sure once they get the radar and non radar cars on the same software and Vision gets flushed out a bit more there will be less less versions and less issues. But as before the number of cars and various comments keeps expanding and they are (currently) still doing (compatable) updates for them all. So ehh.

Mine has been doing that since they updated to the actual Sirius app in the tray. If my X connects to my home WiFi the next time I get in the app is gone and it’s back to the xm in with the fm radio selection. It only comes back once I’m on LTE. Happens every single day. If I erase my WiFi and just keep it on lte it never happens
Interesting. today it shows up but won’t load…just goes round and round.

I had the radio replaced a month ago….I hope software related and not the darn radio again.

UPDATE: I called support. They said this is a problem that they have received hundreds of calls on. Suggestion is to "power off" the car. That didn't work for me until I did a wheel/brake pedal reset and even then I had to go into options, de-select Sirius XM and then reselect before I could get service.

The key will be next time I drive....will I need to reset again (since every time I have driven I've needed to reset)?

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: davezforce
Double scroll and brake. Should work with with updating. But sure you and Tesla tried everything on phone.
FYI — the brake does absolutely NOTHING.

Quoting one of our Owners Club members who shall remain nameless (but definitely in a position to know …)

There is NO difference between doing a scroll wheel reset with or without the brake pedal pressed. This is a long-standing misconception or myth that has been perpetuated and spread widely over time primarily through online forums and social media. Pressing the brake pedal while doing a scroll wheel reset does not result in a “deeper” or “harder” reset, regardless of what you hear or read from anyone. The origin of this myth is uncertain. What pressing the brake does do, however, is make sure you’re not driving while you are doing the scroll wheel reset.”