Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model Y long range in Chicagohere.

I went from 2021.4.18.11 to 2021.12.25.7 yesterday.
The former 4.18.11, while not with the newest beta FSD mind of car view, seemed to be running all the latest neural nets. It had very smooth and precise car visualizations and seemed to very accurately position things especially while running city streets and traffic control beta. I was VERY impressed by it and was excited as to the progress being made.

This 12.xx release has seen a degradation in performance of FSD on city streets beta in almost every way possible. More like 4 steps back.
The position of objects is off, representing bikers as walkers, low frame rate to rendered objects, low front facing object detection. The lane positioning seems ok and maybe a slight center lane justification instead of always hogging the implied bike and car door easement.
Other than that, I’m very hopeful I’ll be placed back in the 15-20% of folks that have been on early access release with a return to more beta 9 like functionality.

Wondered if others on the smaller early access releases have experienced something similar. Thanks!

Updated this morning.
Now the rear speakers keep cutting in and out, independent of the source.
Did a reset, same thing.
Really f-ing annoying considering I am going on a trip. I guess will just have to listen on the front speakers.

• Helpful
Reactions: Silicon Desert
Updated this morning.
Did a reset, same thing.
Really f-ing annoying considering I am going on a trip. I guess will just have to listen on the front speakers.
Sorry to hear that. I'm always puzzled why folks want to upgrade right before a road trip. I never so that. I like to keep the version what has been working the way I know it. I guess people want the latest and greatest version for a trip, yet things like this happen.

Updated this morning.
Did a reset, same thing.
yes but your sacrifice will not go unnoticed. Years from now our children’s children, and their children will gather around the fire and recall your story. “This is the story of our great grandfather Sluri” they’ll shout. “Let it not be forgotten that time he went on a trip with only the front speakers” they screamed. and thus was born the modern saying “where there’s a will there’s a way”. Blessings Sluri, for your sacrifice 🙏

Model Y long range in Chicagohere.

I went from 2021.4.18.11 to 2021.12.25.7 yesterday.
The former 4.18.11, while not with the newest beta FSD mind of car view, seemed to be running all the latest neural nets. It had very smooth and precise car visualizations and seemed to very accurately position things especially while running city streets and traffic control beta. I was VERY impressed by it and was excited as to the progress being made.

This 12.xx release has seen a degradation in performance of FSD on city streets beta in almost every way possible. More like 4 steps back.
The position of objects is off, representing bikers as walkers, low frame rate to rendered objects, low front facing object detection. The lane positioning seems ok and maybe a slight center lane justification instead of always hogging the implied bike and car door easement.
Other than that, I’m very hopeful I’ll be placed back in the 15-20% of folks that have been on early access release with a return to more beta 9 like functionality.

Wondered if others on the smaller early access releases have experienced something similar. Thanks!
I'm not seeing any of the things you mention on my MX at that version.

I got a new feature. Now I get a big blank error message telling me my parking sensors aren't working when I have the bike rack on. Haven't quite homed in on the pattern yet but it seems to stop when I do and come up again. Not sure if time or speed related.

I did both the two button and poweroff (via screen) reboots with no effect.

Out of no where I got parking assist unavailable all day yesterday, multiple trips. Checked all the sensors were undaunted and clean. Reset the car. No difference. Worked perfectly every day before. Today it’s back to normal. Go figure.

I hear you. I did have the .25.6 and figured going to the .25.7 would not be a big deal.
If anything when they push an update that quick usually there is something wrong with the current version that they are trying to fix, so I was more inclined to do the update.

I guess I was wrong. In a way you expect things to be different but not “broken”.

But, you are right, I shouldn’t have done the update.

Sorry to hear that. I'm always puzzled why folks want to upgrade right before a road trip. I never so that. I like to keep the version what has been working the way I know it. I guess people want the latest and greatest version for a trip, yet things like this happen.

• Helpful
Reactions: Silicon Desert
I'm still back on pre-xmas firmware. for weeks, back then, it nagged me each time I entered the car (and I have it set to the non-advanced update stream so not sure why the nag).

then the nags went away for months. for months, it was a pleasure getting in the car with no nags.

now, they're back (since last week). I still am a refusenik and I'm mostly happy with the ancient fw that still controls THIS car.

car wash mode would be nice, but I'm not willing to push this into my working partition. maybe not ever, as long as I can refuse it. my car is radar based, btw, so that's even more a reason to keep on with the old fw.

with reports that things break and performance of AP is worse, I'm still going to refuse. will be a bad day if/when I finally cant refuse anymore. its the thing about the tesla fw model that I hate hte most. even with android (being a pita) you -can- make an image backup and revert if things go sideways. no such luck with cars. not even ONE level of undo!

absurd that after all these years, not one level of undo after experimental updates.

shameful, tesla. we dont need GAMES. how about an undo, elon? huh? that too hard for you? maybe you should disable more sensors....

(yeah, this bugs the hell out of me, being a sw guy)