Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are major benefits in calculating range and radial velocity with Lidar

Which is the same thing Tesla is doing with vision (and was also doing with radar, though they're convinced now vision alone if sufficient for the task).

Those occasional stories you see about Tesla running a test vehicle with a LIDAR rig is them testing how accurate their system is in comparison.

If you legitimately "solve" vision then Lidar can not provide any useful data you don't already have.

If you can't solve vision then LIDAR is a crutch for an inadequate system.

Reactions: M109Rider
Updated this morning.
Now the rear speakers keep cutting in and out, independent of the source.
Did a reset, same thing.
Really f-ing annoying considering I am going on a trip. I guess will just have to listen on the front speakers.
I’m going on a 3,000km road trip in the next few days and won’t be updating. Thank you for the heads up. I feel like I dodged a bullet thanks to you.

People would rightly hate on Microsoft for this level of software flakery/incompetence. And yet Musk gets a free ride when he does it. Not from me. My model 3 is slowly turning into the worst car I’ve ever owned because of all the software glitches. And I’ve owned an Opel/Vauxhall Vectra before - albeit only for. 2 months, so that’s quite some achievement!

Thanks once again!

Reactions: KArnold
Just got 2021.12.25.7 today on my 2019 M3P with FSD. Beside new game and languages I also got the note stating that in cabin camera is turned on and I have option to opt out of sending Tesla the data.

Sorry if I missed it but did anyone else get in cabin camera turned on?

Release note

Attachments

• ED2429DC-B18B-48DC-BAF0-439AE5E85CFC.jpeg
    ED2429DC-B18B-48DC-BAF0-439AE5E85CFC.jpeg
    494.7 KB · Views: 148
  • Informative
Reactions: Relayer
I haven't seen anyone mention the changes to the web browser. The icons for favorites and add to favorites are different, but more importantly, the browser is now unstable and keeps crashing. I was trying to use ABRP in the browser and it kept crashing. Other web sites are doing the same thing. The browser just closes and when I reopen it, it is on tesla.com instead of the previous page.

I’ve had my M3 for just about a year now. Recently upgraded to 2021.12.25.7 and for the first time ever, I had to reboot. While driving, the display completely froze, so rebooted and everything appeared to be back to normal. I haven’t noticed any other bugs yet, but looking forward to getting away from this version.

I haven't seen anyone mention the changes to the web browser. The icons for favorites and add to favorites are different, but more importantly, the browser is now unstable and keeps crashing. I was trying to use ABRP in the browser and it kept crashing. Other web sites are doing the same thing. The browser just closes and when I reopen it, it is on tesla.com instead of the previous page.

The browser is the weakest part of my MY experience. I wish I could say it is just happening with this latest update. At least now the two-button reboot restores its function, but it is still tenuous. My primary use for the browser is to make a weather radar display available to me while driving. Especially useful when travelling. As things stand now, whenever I command "open browser", it's a roll-of-the-dice as to whether it opens.

I got this firmware friday PM and installed it. I think I had .6 for about a week or so.

- No difference in AP/FSD. Both work well for me.
- Backup camera and dashcam image quality seems to have improved. Dashcam playback is still choppy.
- Regen was reduced in .6 and might have been restored.
- The system remembers the threatre vs arcade setting. It used to default to arcade.
- The new game, Sky Force Reloaded, needed to be updated in .7 and hasn't come in. It was quick to update in .6 and I've been waiting ~2 days now.

Addition comments on the .7 firmware:
- When using the browser to navigate to Youtube.com it'll launch the theater app and won't stay in the browser. I had the bug where all of the theater apps went away I had to launch Youtube on the browser as a temporary work-around.
- The theatre apps seem a bit slower to launch and I had YouTube get stuck around 35% for a while. Browsing is also slow and laggy.
- I still haven't gotten Sky Force. :confused:

It got hit with the update to this version from 2021.4.21.3 I’ve been on since it released as I got it when fleet was at 3%.

Downloaded quickly to 50% and either the car or Tesla’s server is just frozen at 50%.

Been an hour now and not working. Internet is fine. Even in the car.

See what happens now.

EDIT:
7:48 Install aborted and now it’s started down loading from 0% again.

Last edited:
I’m going on a 3,000km road trip in the next few days and won’t be updating. Thank you for the heads up. I feel like I dodged a bullet thanks to you.

People would rightly hate on Microsoft for this level of software flakery/incompetence. And yet Musk gets a free ride when he does it. Not from me. My model 3 is slowly turning into the worst car I’ve ever owned because of all the software glitches. And I’ve owned an Opel/Vauxhall Vectra before - albeit only for. 2 months, so that’s quite some achievement!

Thanks once again!
every time an upgrade gives you worse results, you should curse the vendor for NOT having an undo feature.

I keep saying. and tesla never hears.

This is by far the buggiest version of software the car has had on it since I got it.

charge cable repeatedly locking and unlocking when charging is scheduled

random ride height changes

missed taps on the screen

random park assist unavailable warnings and AP unavailable warnings

the most hilarious of all is that my car is now displaying as a 100D on the app when it’s a Long Range Plus. Wtf.

I could go on but I won’t. Overall, the car seems to work fine after several resets. But it’s become significantly more annoying to live with.

In the past a bug fix for the bug fix pushed out pretty quick so I assume a .10 or whatever will be coming soon.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if this is related to the .7 firmware.

The Google base maps in my nav system seems to have reset while I was driving in the mountains out of LTE service area. I drive in this area all the time and the nav system never loses position, road info, ...etc... This was my first drive in this area since I got the .7 firmware as air quality has been bad due to the fires up north.

The degraded map looked like it was really zoomed in. The tracks were 1/4" wide and all piecewise linear, no curves, and no detail (names) or landmarks. I only noticed while I was heading down some relatively straight section. The processing/rendering progressed enought at some point where roads were rendered properly (thin, curved, through very few had names) and things started showing up with more detail. I don't think it's finished because details are still relatively sparse.

I did notice that hiking trails appeared in the maps. I don't think they were there before, but I'm not certain.

Here's a picture with sparse detail (only a single road is labelled).

Tesla_nav_map_reset.jpg

Is that the stock built in maps?

Doesn't look like the live Google maps that comes with the "Premium Connectivity" package.

Of note, most of use seem to running on base internal maps that are around a year old.

Of course I may be misspeaking here.

Last edited: