Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021.24.1 Update received, but No Car Wash Mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

DerbyDave

Jul 2, 2020
Kentucky
I received 2021.24.1 (labeled 2024.24.1) update this morning, and the Car Wash Mode selection is not mentioned for my car. It is included evidently in some versions of 2021.24.1. I have a June 2020 build Long Range Plus. Wondering if any Model S owners are getting this Car Wash Option. I do have the Auto Dashcam Record to internal storage in the event of a collision, Disney+, remain connected to WiFi, and some added language support. What did you get?

well, I got 2021.24.1 this morning and installed......I just now got 2021.24.2.....I do believe the car wash is for M3/Y.....and range changing is for M3/Y as well.....could be wrong though

can't wait to see the notes for the one...probably the same as 2021.24 and 2021. 24.1

Maybe that’s Tesla’s subtle hint of don’t bring your Model S through an automatic car wash :rolleyes:
Mine does fine through the good car wash I use. I am getting older and finally figured out that as long as the car wash doesn't damage my car, I'll use the car wash on the outside. My cars always get top dollar at resale, and I have owned much more expensive cars than a Tesla. This proves to me that it doesn't hurt the car except what you feel esoterically. I remember at one time saying I'd never use a car wash on my expensive car. That was a long time ago, it seems, and on a much lesser car, but the car was very important to me at the time. My Mercedes had several things that must be disabled before going through a car wash. Miss one, and it may be costly. It would be great to have a button to fully prepare the car.

Mine does fine through the good car wash I use. I am getting older and finally figured out that as long as the car wash doesn't damage my car, I'll use the car wash on the outside. My cars always get top dollar at resale, and I have owned much more expensive cars than a Tesla. This proves to me that it doesn't hurt the car except what you feel esoterically. I remember at one time saying I'd never use a car wash on my expensive car. That was a long time ago, it seems, and on a much lesser car, but the car was very important to me at the time. My Mercedes had several things that must be disabled before going through a car wash. Miss one, and it may be costly. It would be great to have a button to fully prepare the car.
I both hand wash and use a drive through touch free car wash when I'm feeling lazy. So I'm not one of those hand wash only advocates. I would avoid the automatic car washes though. Since they put your car on a track, they are high risk for damaging your wheels. It's not just the outside of the wheels that can be damaged, but also the inside of the wheels.

I both hand wash and use a drive through touch free car wash when I'm feeling lazy. So I'm not one of those hand wash only advocates. I would avoid the automatic car washes though. Since they put your car on a track, they are high risk for damaging your wheels. It's not just the outside of the wheels that can be damaged, but also the inside of the wheels.
The car wash I use does have maintained and vinyl covered tracks, but my 19" tire sidewalls are taller than the track itself. No issues since my BMW M5 factory low wheels got scuffed by some tracks in the mid 2000s. Since then, I check.

I don't see the point of car wash mode. after reading what it does it sounds like a guide to washing the car.

Shouldn't you know you have roll up the windows?
and it allows the car to freewheel, ok I usually put it in neutral or just leave it in drive and keep my foot away from the pedal. And if its a carwash that you cant sit in the car that is what tow mode is for.
It disables auto wipers, well those sucks anyways and should be kept off in normal situations.
this just sounds like useless update number 2,498,734 and another blatant ignoring of features people actually want brought into the software, as always.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Disagree
Reactions: Gadget-X and y2khd
I don't see the point of car wash mode. after reading what it does it sounds like a morons guide to washing the car.

Like how dumb do you have to be to not roll up the windows?
and it allows the car to freewheel, ok I usually put it in neutral or just leave it in drive and keep my foot away from the pedal. And if its a carwash that you cant sit in the car that is what tow mode is for.
It disables auto wipers, well those suck ass anyway and should be kept off in normal situations.
this just sounds like useless update number 2,498,734 and another blatant ignoring of features people actually want brought into the software, as always.
And, bring your exterior mirrors in. Good for you for remembering and knowing what to do. I like the idea of pushing a button to take care of it. You are an idiot for calling me a moron. Other reasonable people may have an opinion that differs from yours, and only intolerant people would refer to them as morons. Thanks.

I don't see the point of car wash mode. after reading what it does it sounds like a morons guide to washing the car.

Like how dumb do you have to be to not roll up the windows?
It disables auto wipers, well those suck ass anyway and should be kept off in normal situations.

Kind of agree. I think this is more of a nice to have thing than a must have.

I've heard stories of people putting their car in park and the pressure washer would open the charger door and spray in there. This will help with that IF people remember to use it.

He has a model 3. No car wash.

I received 2021.24.1 (labeled 2024.24.1) update this morning, and the Car Wash Mode selection is not mentioned for my car. It is included evidently in some versions of 2021.24.1. I have a June 2020 build Long Range Plus. Wondering if any Model S owners are getting this Car Wash Option. I do have the Auto Dashcam Record to internal storage in the event of a collision, Disney+, remain connected to WiFi, and some added language support. What did you get?
It was for a Model S owner (DerbyDave)

Reactions: DerbyDave