Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021.24.10 General Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Phlier

Bluebird
Jun 12, 2019
Utah
I have seen a few problem specific threads for this firmware, but not a general issues thread, so I thought I’d start one.

1. A few versions ago, my car started having various computer freezes and crashes when attempting to view the Owner‘s Manual. Those issues persist in this version.

2. Ever since installing this version, regenerative braking has been very inconsistent with the amount of deceleration it gives. Yes, I’m familiar with how regen is affected by battery state of charge and temperature. Regen effect varies substantially stop-to-stop on the same drive

I’ve had my car for a bit over two years now, so I’m pretty familiar with how regen both works and feels. On my car, this firmware has definitely changed it. I’m curious if anyone else has experienced this. If not, it may actually be time for a SC visit.

3. Starting a few firmware versions back, much of the Theater functionality is either broken or buggy. This update fixed some of it, but still has random crashes in some of the theater apps.

4. Again, a few revisions ago, voice texting and voice phone control became buggy. This version appears to have fixed at least some of these issues.

These issues apply to the car in my signature.

Please add your experiences with what bugs this version has fixed, what new bugs it has brought, or any other experience you’d like to share. Please be sure to include your car’s model and year.

Some of the changes you attribute to 2021.24.10 might have been introduced in earlier builds that you didn't get. For example, our Model 3 got 24.10 after getting 24.5, but the release notes were the same.

Threads about specific issues are easier to find if you're having the same issue.