Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021.24.10 now nags every 10s when on AP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
RWD? It's pretty normal for preconditioning to turn on 60+ miles away because the RWD car can't really heat the battery much while driving. AWD/P vehicles will use one motor to move, and one motor to warm up the battery. Can't do that with just one motor, so they squeeze a little bit of heating out of the in use motor. And preconditioning turns off the battery cooling until the battery is warm.. that does more than the heat from the motor I think.

I've also noticed that sometimes the "preconditioning" notice goes away, but based upon ScanMyTesla readings the car is still warming up the battery.
Nope, a Performance Model 3 All-Wheel drive during a warm day.

It's the same supercharger I've gone to numerous times without this behavior.

Just strange.

except don't you have to touch the wheel to move the scroll wheel?

Touching a button with one finger is different than "hands on the wheel". If they wanted to ensure your hands are "somewhere near the wheel", they should have done it right and gone with some sort of capacitive touch. As it stands, you have to apply torque which means you have to constantly apply improper input: fighting against the car which is already driving properly, applying pressure as if you wanted to drive it out of the lane. Just doesn't make sense. Why should I have to "pretend" that I want to drive the car into oncoming traffic or off the shoulder every 10 seconds by applying improper input to the steering wheel?

Mike

Just rest one hand heavier on the side of the wheel. It is really so easy. I rarely get nags and have no idea how often they change the software to check because it is so easy to just arrange your hands, usually just one, to rest on the wheel in way to constantly provide the needed minor torque.

really easy

• Disagree
Reactions: lUtriaNt and MikeyC
Just rest one hand heavier on the side of the wheel. It is really so easy. I rarely get nags and have no idea how often they change the software to check because it is so easy to just arrange your hands, usually just one, to rest on the wheel in way to constantly provide the needed minor torque.

really easy

Not true. There is no comfortable way to do this while actually resting your hand/arm! Some people say the torque sensors are more/less sensitive on different cars so maybe yours is different. But on mine, the only way to comfortably do this without holding your arm up is to rest your right elbow on the center console and rest your hand on the bottom of the steering wheel: a little offset to the side so it applies torque to fight the car. But this isn't enough torque most of the time and you can't just "rest" it there: you have to apply at least some muscle tension. And you can't rest it higher, like on one of the spokes, because then you have to hold your arm up as your hand won't reach there while your elbow is resting on the center console.

And again, I'll restate, you shouldn't have to constantly fight against the car (even a little) while the car is already doing the right thing. Tesla needs to implement a proper driver monitor rather than the "steer against me" method.

Mike

• Disagree
Reactions: lUtriaNt
(moderator note).

Discussion of AP nags and such go in the Autopilot / FSD subforum. Please move further discussion on Autopilot / FSD / Nags to that subform.

Discussion of software update features, issues, etc goes in the software update subform. Please move further discussion on software / firmware to that subforum:

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.