Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021.24.28 Rolling out to MCU1/FSD MS/X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2017 MS with MCU1/FSD

First significant firmware update in over a year!

Old firmware 2020.48.37.8 (0.6% of TeslaFi Fleet AWT upgrade)
New firmware 2021.24.28 (0.4% of TeslaFi Fleet running this version)

Guessing no FSD Beta access but I'm 6 months closer than 2020.48. Lol.

1644965828566.png

I h

Oh boy, just saw that my car is indicating it wants to download this but right now it's not on wifi. First update I'm scared about, wondering if this has recent UI "improvements" like burying controls that used to be on the main screen.

Anyone have release notes yet or know what this version is all about?

Oh boy, just saw that my car is indicating it wants to download this but right now it's not on wifi. First update I'm scared about, wondering if this has recent UI "improvements" like burying controls that used to be on the main screen.

Anyone have release notes yet or know what this version is all about?
It does not. That software version is the V10 variety. I have 2021.44.6 and am still on V10 as well.

Still... You might wanna wait for feedback from people just in case, given that this is new to MCU1 cars.

Do you guys think we have to upgrade to MCU2 to be able to get FSD beta and most recent updates? Tesla says it doesn’t matter but I feel like that’s untrue
I don't think there's a definitive word on the matter but I've long voiced the opinion that while Tesla hasn't publicly nixed FSD and MCU1 the reality is that once they roll out FSD/MCU2 widely they'll find it makes more economic sense to upgrade the few remaining MCU1/FSD-paid vehicles to MCU2 rather than fork the codebase and maintain FSD code on MCU1 on an ongoing basis. Tesla sees MCU1 as 'beyond legacy'.

Personally I think Tesla will wait as long as possible before saying MCI1/FSD vehicles will be upgraded to MCU2 because every month they wait more of those vehicles either exit service or are upgraded to MCU2 by their owners, saving Tesla the expense of doing it themselves.

But I suppose we'll see.

I am not giving another dime to Tesla !, they better upgrade hardware that is required for FSD or else...
I don’t blame you. In the same boat fsd but mcu1. People who showed blind faith and funded this fsd thing with purchases years in advance with no date. They’ll go as far as they can till they get a lawsuit unfortunately. Surprisingly it hasn’t happened already

Reactions: dbldwn02
I don't think there's a definitive word on the matter but I've long voiced the opinion that while Tesla hasn't publicly nixed FSD and MCU1 the reality is that once they roll out FSD/MCU2 widely they'll find it makes more economic sense to upgrade the few remaining MCU1/FSD-paid vehicles to MCU2 rather than fork the codebase and maintain FSD code on MCU1 on an ongoing basis. Tesla sees MCU1 as 'beyond legacy'.

Personally I think Tesla will wait as long as possible before saying MCI1/FSD vehicles will be upgraded to MCU2 because every month they wait more of those vehicles either exit service or are upgraded to MCU2 by their owners, saving Tesla the expense of doing it themselves.

But I suppose we'll see.
Makes a lot of sense. I’ve flirted with the idea or wanting to upgrade it myself but I don’t want to spend that money. We shall see

2017 MS with MCU1/FSD

First significant firmware update in over a year!

Old firmware 2020.48.37.8 (0.6% of TeslaFi Fleet AWT upgrade)
New firmware 2021.24.28 (0.4% of TeslaFi Fleet running this version)

Same. I've been on 10.2 FSD, hoping this bumps that up a bit. Will see in the morning. No plans to buy a new Tesla, gonna keep on driving this old one until I get the FSD. I usually keep my cars 10 years, so I'm still hopeful Tesla will come through and actually get it working before 2027.