Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021.24.28 Rolling out to MCU1/FSD MS/X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2017 MS with MCU1/FSD

First significant firmware update in over a year!

Old firmware 2020.48.37.8 (0.6% of TeslaFi Fleet AWT upgrade)
New firmware 2021.24.28 (0.4% of TeslaFi Fleet running this version)

Guessing no FSD Beta access but I'm 6 months closer than 2020.48. Lol.

1644965828566.png

I h

I saw my car (2017 MS 75) download circa 8GB of something (observed on router) on 8th Feb - so I was hoping it’d be an update. The car hasn’t reported an available update yet. Still sat on 2020.48.37.8. Ironic timing since it’s booked in for MCU2 upgrade next week! 🤣

Maybe they rolled out this update:

If this guy is so good and he came through with a working version, maybe all of us with MCU1 will see better performance. 🤞
It is a 1.5GB download my car just got so there must be something in it.

If this guy is so good and he came through with a working version, maybe all of us with MCU1 will see better performance. 🤞
Well I hope he then also takes a look at the MCU2 code, as it's becoming already laggy on the reverse camera, even on plain AP1 car like mine :rolleyes::)
And for those of you who don't read each and every threads & posts (good for you by the way, I sometimes feel I should get detox cure from TMC), the browser with Tesla Waze is also still having issues. Only the new 2022 S/X with the new "MCU3" Razen processor are doing fine with the browser. 😂

Reactions: Wanderer
Just installed on my '14 P85D with MCU1. Didn't see any major feature changes but to me it's WAY faster. Web browser actually opens, owners manual opens, UI seems much quicker. Plotted a 600 mile nav trip in less than 10 seconds. Huge improvement for a legacy system (at least so far).
That is what I am seeing as well.
I mean, if you really believe they'll get FSD with MCU2 + HW3... then well, okay then. lol.

Pretty sure it'll be MCU4 and AP6 before they actually accomplish FSD.
Any chance you had a look at this code yet in 2021.24.28 ? Have they streamlined it/simplified it in order to get the browser to actually work now?

Reactions: Wanderer
That is what I am seeing as well.

Any chance you had a look at this code yet in 2021.24.28 ? Have they streamlined it/simplified it in order to get the browser to actually work now?
I've glanced at it and looked at the bulk of files changed, but haven't examined in depth.

At first glance it doesn't seem like anything major has been changed/improved.

2017 MS with MCU1/FSD

First significant firmware update in over a year!

Old firmware 2020.48.37.8 (0.6% of TeslaFi Fleet AWT upgrade)
New firmware 2021.24.28 (0.4% of TeslaFi Fleet running this version)

Guessing no FSD Beta access but I'm 6 months closer than 2020.48. Lol.

View attachment 769479
I h
Same with my 2017 MS 100D FSD...been a long time since I received a software update

Just installed on my '14 P85D with MCU1. Didn't see any major feature changes but to me it's WAY faster. Web browser actually opens, owners manual opens, UI seems much quicker. Plotted a 600 mile nav trip in less than 10 seconds. Huge improvement for a legacy system (at least so far).
I refuse to believe. Too good to be true! Anyone else confirm this wasn't just due to a temporary restart?

I don't think there's a definitive word on the matter but I've long voiced the opinion that while Tesla hasn't publicly nixed FSD and MCU1 the reality is that once they roll out FSD/MCU2 widely they'll find it makes more economic sense to upgrade the few remaining MCU1/FSD-paid vehicles to MCU2 rather than fork the codebase and maintain FSD code on MCU1 on an ongoing basis. Tesla sees MCU1 as 'beyond legacy'.

Personally I think Tesla will wait as long as possible before saying MCI1/FSD vehicles will be upgraded to MCU2 because every month they wait more of those vehicles either exit service or are upgraded to MCU2 by their owners, saving Tesla the expense of doing it themselves.

But I suppose we'll see.
No doubt.

Tesla still won’t replace my faulty eMMC. They acknowledge that I have a problem (as I have to reset screen occasionally due to glitches), but have been telling me they don’t have the part available—since the recall began. They say don’t worry about it since I can still drive the car.

It suppose to fix some bugs. We’ll see if they stop crashing