Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021.24.28 Rolling out to MCU1/FSD MS/X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2017 MS with MCU1/FSD

First significant firmware update in over a year!

Old firmware 2020.48.37.8 (0.6% of TeslaFi Fleet AWT upgrade)
New firmware 2021.24.28 (0.4% of TeslaFi Fleet running this version)

Guessing no FSD Beta access but I'm 6 months closer than 2020.48. Lol.

1644965828566.png

I h

With this update, my instrument panel has started crashing during the drive. I have only driven a handful of miles, but already twice during a drive instrument panel has gone black. After a few seconds a Tesla logo appears and it starts to work again.

While outages are quite short, not showing car speed while driving is a safety issue. Also it is very distracting.

I do not recall ever seeing this issue before the latest software update.

After the update, I cannot get the Superchargers to show on the map unless I want a whole list of them displayed in a navigation menu box as well. Is there some way to leave the Supercharger pins (with available stall numbers displayed as before) while removing the navigation menu box?

• Informative
Reactions: David29
please be sure to come back and update your experience. The one post about the improved UI is a one-off if you read all the posts
Make it 2 posts. My browser has not worked this well since 2018. Even then I didn't use it as it was too slow. I have checked it every so often, about 6 times over the past 3 years after an update just to check it. Every time after about 30 seconds of waiting for a page to load I gave up. I have even factory reset the car last year to try to speed things up, and tried the other tricks like putting up the drawing page, and it still was half the speed of dial-up.

Yesterday I drove around using Teslawaze for the first time, and it worked. It searched in a few seconds, and after clicking it only took about 5 seconds to load the page on the touchscreen. Don't know if I will become a Teslawaze regular, or even use the browser, as I really don't care; I'll use the phone (when not driving of course). But I have read of many who love Teslawaze.

The release notes took about 30 seconds to show for me too, don't know why that takes longer than pulling up a webpage, but that is what is happening on my car.

Glad to see I'm not the only one that was running 2020 software in 2022. I'm downloading 2021.24.28 now. Even if it isn't a significant update I'm glad to finally get an update. I paid for FSD when I bought the car and will not be paying for more hardware. Tesla tried to get me to purchase MCU2 when they replaced the eMMC.

FWIW- this update 2021.24.28 may have fixed an issue I've been having since before the eMMc memory failed- MCU lock ups when in Camp Mode. The MCU was crashing every time we entered Camp Mode with the HVAC- it crashed at exactly the time the "campfire scene" was supposed to appear. This has been driving me nuts for months- Service just told me to upgrade to MCU2 or live with it. as they were not going to fix it. Well, for the first time in over a year, I finally got to use Camp mode - Funny we have more than one AP1 Model S and only one of them had this issue - Hopefully, this fixes it for good. Now if the random AP errors go away- It will be livable to not upgrade to MCU2. Since we use SirrusXM- that is a 2K expense I wasn't looking forward to.

Reactions: Hugh Mannity