Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021.24.28 Rolling out to MCU1/FSD MS/X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2017 MS with MCU1/FSD

First significant firmware update in over a year!

Old firmware 2020.48.37.8 (0.6% of TeslaFi Fleet AWT upgrade)
New firmware 2021.24.28 (0.4% of TeslaFi Fleet running this version)

Guessing no FSD Beta access but I'm 6 months closer than 2020.48. Lol.

1644965828566.png

I h

Did the update last night. Rebooted before testing. Browser favorites icon has changed. Browser is actually working and Teslawinds now works again.
Jan 2016 X MCU1.
Also updated mobile app this morning. App service now has an info panel about the eMMC recall stating mine is not affected. (No such update on my year old steering bolt recall).

Did the update last night. Rebooted before testing. Browser favorites icon has changed. Browser is actually working and Teslawinds now works again.
Jan 2016 X MCU1.
Also updated mobile app this morning. App service now has an info panel about the eMMC recall stating mine is not affected. (No such update on my year old steering bolt recall).
what do you mean your emmc is not affected? go to NHTSA website and put in your vin# to see if it's on the list for the recall.

Updated to 2021.24.28 on WED 16 FEB. Since that "update", my NAV no longer functions. Any request for Navigation results in a spinning icon and "still calculating" until it times out after 2 minutes. I have tried SWB resets without impact. 2016+ with MCU 1 and recent (SEP 2021) eMMC update.

Anybody else seeing anything like this?

Reactions: Wanderer
Updated to 2021.24.28 on WED 16 FEB. Since that "update", my NAV no longer functions. Any request for Navigation results in a spinning icon and "still calculating" until it times out after 2 minutes. I have tried SWB resets without impact. 2016+ with MCU 1 and recent (SEP 2021) eMMC update.

Anybody else seeing anything like this?
You could try this, I heard it does a deeper level of restart and you can hear some clicking of switches when you do it...

Go into the maint menu and change your tire size to something you don't have (for example if you have 19" tires, change it to 21"). then the car will reboot and you will hear some clicking and it will takes a few minutes. Once it come back online switch the tires back to the correct size and you will hear some clicking again and it will reboot in a few minutes. Maybe that will fix your issue?

Also, if you don't already clear out your recent navigation results you might want to remove all the old ones you don't use anymore (Link)

Reactions: Wanderer
You could try this, I heard it does a deeper level of restart and you can hear some clicking of switches when you do it...

Go into the maint menu and change your tire size to something you don't have (for example if you have 19" tires, change it to 21"). then the car will reboot and you will hear some clicking and it will takes a few minutes. Once it come back online switch the tires back to the correct size and you will hear some clicking again and it will reboot in a few minutes. Maybe that will fix your issue?

Also, if you don't already clear out your recent navigation results you might want to remove all the old ones you don't use anymore (Link)
Sounds odd, but then again, this is a Tesla after all. I'll give it a shot.

2017 MS with MCU1/FSD

First significant firmware update in over a year!

Old firmware 2020.48.37.8 (0.6% of TeslaFi Fleet AWT upgrade)
New firmware 2021.24.28 (0.4% of TeslaFi Fleet running this version)

Guessing no FSD Beta access but I'm 6 months closer than 2020.48. Lol.

View attachment 769479
I h
I haven't seen my problem mentioned as of yet. Upgraded to 2021.24.28, rebooted before first drive. I am showing Wh/mi as zero "0". Zero is displayed on the energy screen, graph, and trip display. Battery mileage or SOC shows fine. Any ideas? Thanks.

I mean my eMMMC is ok for now, not that it is not in the recall scope.
get on them to upgrade the emmc that's B.S. about have to order parts its been over a year since NHTSA issued the recall they tried the same BS with me last May I had a 13' with 9jly 24kmi. I sent SC a message saying my screen went blank as I was driving and feared for life! the next day they scheduled me to upgrade it.