Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021.24.28 Rolling out to MCU1/FSD MS/X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2017 MS with MCU1/FSD

First significant firmware update in over a year!

Old firmware 2020.48.37.8 (0.6% of TeslaFi Fleet AWT upgrade)
New firmware 2021.24.28 (0.4% of TeslaFi Fleet running this version)

Guessing no FSD Beta access but I'm 6 months closer than 2020.48. Lol.

1644965828566.png

I h

FWIW- Service replaced my AP1 Camera Friday- that seems to have fixed the random AP errors. so my 2015 is now working the same as my wife's 2014! Yay!
Well, I spoke too soon- today when we returned to the car after going into a store the MCU was black- and I had to reboot it to get the car to even turn on had the "Please wait " message on the IC- afterwards I had two errors one "Center Display can't communicate" and another "Autopilot features unavailable " The 2nd reboot ( thumb wheels and brake pedal) cleared the AP error, but the Center display error was still there- Powered the car down, Left it and came back, still have the error- I just scheduled service ( hopefully I don't actually have to go in) to get the error cleared - I still wonder if my MCU has a eMMc problem still even though it was replaced

I would think that's true but I was told over the phone by tesla service person that it would be fixed in my next update 4 weeks again and in 2021.24.27 the problem was completely fix I uploaded Friday to 2021.24.28 and now this problem so I don't think it's the battery my car only has 88k miles it takes far more miles for it to be the battery I hope...
I hope for your sake it goes away unfortunately the HV battery can go out at any mileage especially if the one you have is the original 80k+ miles seems the average miles HV batteries fail depending on the charging history. what range do you get when fully charged?

add my name to the list of the browser actually works now and putting a destination in the NAV is now MUCH faster when it does the routing. Obviously i hope this behaviour sticks around.
Yeah my browser
I hope for your sake it goes away unfortunately the HV battery can go out at any mileage especially if the one you have is the original 80k+ miles seems the average miles HV batteries fail depending on the charging history. what range do you get when fully charged?
I get 230 miles full charged. When I 1st purchased the car One day after I updated the car because it was out of date And got that message I call Tesla After the 1st update She said that it was a bug in the software and that they would send out another software update to fix it they did and it fixed and 2 weeks later I seen update pop up again and jumped on it like a bone head I've only owned the car from January and it's amazing car I just wanna enjoy it I'm down 40k with no warranty if this doesn't get fixed with software

'15 70D w/ AP1 owner (Aug mfg date) with 96.3K miles and eMMC replaced already under warranty. Took the update as soon as was notified. Generally speaking I'd say that the things I use (navigation, Spotify and general UI usage) *seem* a bit snappier - generally speaking I just want the car to work well after each update. I'll find out if there's anything noticeable with AP on my next trip this weekend. Will also be able to test SuperCharger speeds. Guessing that they won't change much from the last time I was there a month ago while on 2020.48.37.8. Temps should be about the same as well - freaking cold (~10F).

1645494262130.png

Yeah my browser

I get 230 miles full charged. When I 1st purchased the car One day after I updated the car because it was out of date And got that message I call Tesla After the 1st update She said that it was a bug in the software and that they would send out another software update to fix it they did and it fixed and 2 weeks later I seen update pop up again and jumped on it like a bone head I've only owned the car from January and it's amazing car I just wanna enjoy it I'm down 40k with no warranty if this doesn't get fixed with software
the BMS_u029 code means the HV battery cannot charge to a very high percent of battery capacity. it happened on my car back in December tesla replaced it under warranty. Unfortunately your car is out of warranty and Tesla will charge you around $20K (the last I heard) fortunately there are 3rd party shops that can repair it for the fraction of the cost tesla charges.

I've got a 2015 Model S. After the latest software update (2021.24.28) my external M.2 drive is no longer recognized. The enclosure is a Sabrent USB-C model EC-SNVE and the M.2 drive is a Samsung 950 Pro 512GB. The drive still works with my PC and the filesystem doesn't show any errors. I tried a 256GB Samsung USB stick and found that still works with the car.

'15 70D w/ AP1 owner (Aug mfg date) with 96.3K miles and eMMC replaced already under warranty. Took the update as soon as was notified. Generally speaking I'd say that the things I use (navigation, Spotify and general UI usage) *seem* a bit snappier - generally speaking I just want the car to work well after each update. I'll find out if there's anything noticeable with AP on my next trip this weekend. Will also be able to test SuperCharger speeds. Guessing that they won't change much from the last time I was there a month ago while on 2020.48.37.8. Temps should be about the same as well - freaking cold (~10F).

I got the update forced while on a road trip this last weekend. I actually saw higher SC speeds up to 126 KW afterward (charging from 5%). This is on a 2015 S 85 with AP 1 and no eMMC update as of yet. I actually just bought the car 2 weeks ago and the SC rates aren't bad for the age of it. Of course I'm envious of the rates on the new ones but I just couldn't convince the boss the new ones are worth the money right now.

I got the update forced while on a road trip this last weekend. I actually saw higher SC speeds up to 126 KW afterward (charging from 5%). This is on a 2015 S 85 with AP 1 and no eMMC update as of yet. I actually just bought the car 2 weeks ago and the SC rates aren't bad for the age of it. Of course I'm envious of the rates on the new ones but I just couldn't convince the boss the new ones are worth the money right now.
how long did you get 126 KW speed for? 5% soc -? that speed is unheard of on your model S

how long did you get 126 KW speed for? 5% soc -? that speed is unheard of on your model S
It only showed for 5-10 sec to start and started tapering down. I got it repeatedly for a few seconds and kept above 100 KW for a minute or two before tapering down to high 80's until i got above maybe 35% SOC. We did a road trip from Kansas to South Carolina 2 days after buying it and it worked out great.

Well I just left tesla SC and they told me maximum battery charge level reduced means the battery is done! No warranty 88k miles 2013 the wife got me the car for my birthday and now I'm screwed... best part tesla wants 20k for a new battery and 10k for used parts of one??? Can anyone send me information on 3rd party service place In California? I wish I was made out of money but I'm not and I can't afford 20 or 10k. I only had the car for 2 weeks and I'm not going to let this take my joy I love the car and I'll put this in God's hands

After a few days, here's what I've found so far:
  • Haven't tested streaming yet. Afraid to even try.
  • Browser-based functionality (including release notes, user manual, etc.) is just as unusable as it has been since late 2018 or so.
  • Zooming and repositioning the map view are just as unusable as they have been since late 2018 or so.
  • For the first couple of days, navigation was taking much, much longer than usual to get a route. This may have been a server outage, as I'm not seeing this problem anymore.
  • On both of the first two driving days, the instrument cluster computer crashed and rebooted within the first two or three minutes after getting into the car. One of those IC crashes also caused AutoPilot to simultaneously freak out with a "Take Over Immediately" error of some sort. (Yikes!)
  • I'm suddenly seeing an alarming number of entirely bogus "forward collision warning" beeps when there's absolutely nothing ahead of me in the lane. Sometimes it happens when I'm on a curve with concrete guard rails, but sometimes, there's nothing in front of me at all for a mile. These aren't like the real collision warnings, where it shows a car highlighted in red. This is just an ⚠︎ icon and some text. No idea what the heck is going on there. I saw this at least three or four times today alone.
  • Instead of slowing down for flashing caution lights on CA-17, it now reliably freaks out and seems to think you are running a red light.
All in all, this update seems like a huge step backwards compared with the prior experience, and does not appear to actually fix anything (except perhaps some cellular modem configuration mistakes) compared with the previous release.

★☆☆☆☆ One star. Would not recommend.

• Informative
Reactions: P100D_Me

View attachment 772274
Two charges... first one is at the same SC as before the FW update in similar temps but different arrival SOC. Second one is with warmer temps and much lower SOC.

1646060916294.png

1646061056535.png
Summary: From an SC charging perspective I'm seeing anything that is much different than what I'd expect.