Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021.24.4 Range Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got 24.4 and noticed a few things:

1. I can't toggle between PERCENT or DISTANCE as mention in the release notes. No matter where I tap, it opens the BIG charging screen as it always did.

2. The media player is back to the way it was, I can tap on the album art and EXPAND or COLLAPSE the media window as in the past. I haven't seen that being mentioned in the release notes.

3. I don't have Car Wash Mode but I did get Disney+

My car was charged to 80% and when I switched to Distance it read 239 miles. In the past, my 80% range would have been north of 250 mostly I saw 254/255 in the past several months. Is this some new calculation to manage real-world range expectations?

This update seems to be hit or miss. Guess I'll need another update to get all the new features. Do I need to do a re-set?

My car was charged to 80% and when I switched to Distance it read 239 miles. In the past, my 80% range would have been north of 250 mostly I saw 254/255 in the past several months. Is this some new calculation to manage real-world range expectations?
What version did you come from? When I updated from 2021.12.25.6 to 2021.12.25.7 I saw a similar drop. I figured it was related to this comment I found in the …….25.7 release notes:
“Your vehicle's range estimation has been modified to better represent real-world conditions.”

And it’s going lower, we are on a road trip (1000 miles driven since the 16th) and if I set the charge slider to 100% it now reads 292. Am guessing the BMS is doing it’s thing. So in 14 months and 10K miles that number has dropped from 312 (when new) to 292 today, a 7% reduction. And yes 292 is closer to a real world range.

Last edited:
And it’s going lower, we are on a road trip (1000 miles driven since the 16th) and if I set the charge slider to 100% it now reads 292. Am guessing the BMS is doing it’s thing. So in 14 months and 10K miles that number has dropped from 312 (when new) to 292 today, a 7% reduction. And yes 292 is closer to a real world range.
When I set the slider to 100%, the range moves around significantly, generally somewhere in the range 299-308 miles, changing every couple of seconds. It appears it is showing real-time range estimates (no matter how unstable the number) rather than showing a more stable, but perhaps stale, number.