Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 3 LR to Y LR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey

Sorry i know there have been several threads re the Y, but wondering if anyone is in a similar position to me and considering trading in a 2021 3 LR for a Y.

I have the car on PCP with around £37K outstanding, been offered £46.5K for mine so could easily trade in. I’m pretty sure there isn’t an early termination fee etc from the Tesla pcp, checked my contract and can’t seem to see this (i bought the car in June 21) - can anyone confirm?

Are you trading in and then moving to a new Tesla loan? So Tesla are sorting all the paperwork so to speak and a new monthly payment?

Or you settled the Tesla loan yourself?
If only it were that simple... I am trading in to Tesla but it's the same process as if it were any other car I were trading in. It's very manual. I've had to get a settlement letter from Tesla Finance dated for +14 days from my delivery with their bank details etc and submit it. There's no automated connection that pulls that info through. My new Model Y is a new Tesla loan. Tesla settle the finance on the 3 and transfer me the equity left over.

If only it were that simple... I am trading in to Tesla but it's the same process as if it were any other car I were trading in. It's very manual. I've had to get a settlement letter from Tesla Finance dated for +14 days from my delivery with their bank details etc and submit it. There's no automated connection that pulls that info through. My new Model Y is a new Tesla loan. Tesla settle the finance on the 3 and transfer me the equity left over.

Oh my, thanks. At least it's doable, but somewhat ridiculous that Tesla can't sort their own finance details.