Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021,31,101.1 V10.2 No FSD Request Button

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

astrotoy

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2013
SF Bay Area
I just received my brand new MS LR. It has V10.2 2021.31.101.1. It says this is the current software. However, I don't see the Request FSD Beta button on the Autopilot page. I have the FSD option in the car. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Thanks, Tam. Much appreciated. Wanted to push the FSD Request button as the first thing I did with the MS LR. I've been playing with some of the controls. Wow, Tesla has made incredible leaps ahead in the 8 1/2 years since our first Model S. I can see how software is the heart of the car.

Thanks, Tam. Much appreciated. Wanted to push the FSD Request button as the first thing I did with the MS LR. I've been playing with some of the controls. Wow, Tesla has made incredible leaps ahead in the 8 1/2 years since our first Model S. I can see how software is the heart of the car.

Your are welcome and I am glad that you appreciate Tesla technology.

I have a refreshed S and -do- have the button/installed. Initially, our Model Y got it but the S did not. The Y was positioned in range of our Wi Fi whereas the S (at the time) wasn’t. I moved the vehicle and an hour later noticed the “Button” software download was waiting for me.
Not sure if that’s a consideration in your situation, but soon as I moved to wi-fi range, seems like it arrived. I’m not saying that’s why in this case…but just my experience with this one particular download and the Refreshed.

Reactions: astrotoy
I have a refreshed S and -do- have the button/installed. Initially, our Model Y got it but the S did not. The Y was positioned in range of our Wi Fi whereas the S (at the time) wasn’t. I moved the vehicle and an hour later noticed the “Button” software download was waiting for me.
Not sure if that’s a consideration in your situation, but soon as I moved to wi-fi range, seems like it arrived. I’m not saying that’s why in this case…but just my experience with this one particular download and the Refreshed.
Thanks for the suggestion. I just connected to the wifi (had to enter my wifi password.) It connected. Hopefully that will do the trick.

Reactions: FunSecured
You need 2021.32.22. New cars might have a time lag to reach the latest firmware.
My car jumped the needed software .32 -it jumped to .36 -the tesla service said my full 10K paid FSD isn’t compatible w/beta FSD??? So what am I missing ? For 10K I should have got all the required hardware -so if I jumped to .36 software is my tesla 3LR21 incompatible w/beta FSD ?

My car jumped the needed software .32 -it jumped to .36 -the tesla service said my full 10K paid FSD isn’t compatible w/beta FSD??? So what am I missing ? For 10K I should have got all the required hardware -so if I jumped to .36 software is my tesla 3LR21 incompatible w/beta FSD ?

Which car is the Tesla Service talking about? 2021 Tesla Model 3 Long Range?

Which car is the Tesla Service talking about? 2021 Tesla Model 3 Long Range?
Yes - I dont know, when my software uodated to.36 from .103, I called service re: beta fsd request button-they said my car isn’t compatible & .32 software is needed for beta fsd - .36 is illegible for beta FSD. I got the request button a day later. Dont know if the service people again said inaccurate info, or maybe if it is accurate-they know of some issue-configuration/part issue -that will make my car incompatible w/real Fsd beta -if I ever was accepted?? My car should have the needed hardware,chips,configuration for beta FSD if ever chosen, thats what Id expect the $10K covered.

Yes - I dont know, when my software uodated to.36 from .103, I called service re: beta fsd request button-they said my car isn’t compatible & .32 software is needed for beta fsd - .36 is illegible for beta FSD. I got the request button a day later. Dont know if the service people again said inaccurate info, or maybe if it is accurate-they know of some issue-configuration/part issue -that will make my car incompatible w/real Fsd beta -if I ever was accepted?? My car should have the needed hardware,chips,configuration for beta FSD if ever chosen, thats what Id expect the $10K covered.
So if .32 is needed -why did my car update to .36 ? Did it bypass the required software ? All 2021 Teslas w/Paid Fsd should get tge required software needed for beta FSD ? I hope after paying 10K -we find we have to get mire parts installled. If Tesla is like a computer- everyone shoulf get the updates same time. Each Tesla trim should have the same standard parts/chips, configuration. I hope they arent all varied. Pc depending on the make/model have the same configuration/parts, update come out @ the same time to every pc

2021.32.22 was the first build that allowed you to 'Request FSD Beta Access'
2021.36.5.5 is the latest build that allows you to 'Request FSD Beta Access'
2021.36.5.3 is the latest build that is an actual FSD Beta build (you'll get this after maintaining a high safety score for roughly a week)

All new cars are capable of vision only FSD, the rep must've meant it wasn't compatible due to the software version that was installed at the time and there weren't any updates available yet to enable FSD. Hope that helps!